What name comes next?

We need a girl’s name that will follow [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]. It seems that all the names I like don’t really fit right. What would you name baby #3 with big brother [name]Jack[/name] [name]Brian[/name] and Big sister [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]? What fits with my “style”?

I like:

[name]Anna[/name] (can’t use because of a negative family tie)
[name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Cate[/name] (I feel it makes our sibset a little too “K” heavy)
[name]Ivy[/name] (Sure to have rising popularity because of [name]Beyonce[/name])
[name]Eden[/name] (I’m just not sure it works)

*Our last name starts with a W has 3 syllables and ends in “er”

What would you name baby #3???

I love [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. We have this combo on our list now.

What about [name]Lila[/name]?
Or [name]Emma[/name]?

Those are my suggestions. [name]Eden[/name] is my fave name but sounds awful with my last name so I could never use it, but if you can I would choose that.

It seems to me (could be wrong…) that your style would be classic, but light and energetic with shorter, more straightforward names over flowery, fussy choices. (You picked Jack over heavier/more traditional John, for instance, and all these names you’re interested in seem to steer clear of heavier sounds like O, R, and U.) Jack and Claire have historical roots (you could find them in a register from ages ago), but they aren’t remotely musty or dated. I think your concerns over Catherine/Cate are valid (that’s a lotta “K”), and I wonder if Eden doesn’t feel quite right because it’s a more modern choice for girls. I think Ivy is pretty and works really well with Jack and Claire, but it did get Beyonced. :slight_smile:

What about:
Ruby
Lila
Alice
Eliza
Audrey (not quite as light, but Ms. Hepburn adds the luminous quality)
Helen
Maeve
Lucille or Lucia or just plain Lucy
Flora (a little older, but I think it’s so sweet)
Nina
Louise or Eloise
Willa
May
Elinor (nn Ellie or Nora)

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] fit nicely. The K sound ties them all together.
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Annette[/name] perhaps?
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Amanda[/name].
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Hanna[/name].

[name]Jack[/name] is my top boy choice, and [name]Claire[/name] my top girl choice. Since we have similar tastes I’ll post some of my other favorites:

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name] & [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name] & [name]Holly[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name] & [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name] & [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name] & [name]Matilda[/name]

oh I like what the above poster suggested…[name]Annette[/name]…such an all american name but still has cute nn like netty . Plus [name]Annette[/name] Fonichello (from the [name]Mickey[/name] Mouse club) was a great gal…It might be french sounding a little but so is [name]Claire[/name]…anyway good luck

I like the suggestions of [name]Lila[/name], [name]Willa[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] for you. I think they all work with the MN [name]Catherine[/name] (which I think I saw somewhere that you’d like to use it as a MN?), and I love the idea of [name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Lila[/name]; [name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Willa[/name]; or [name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] together.

My first idea was [name]Ella[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]–[name]Ella[/name] is fairly mainstream but I think [name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Ella[/name] are perfect together. What about:

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Mia[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Ada[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Hannah[/name]

Good luck!

I like that both your kid’s names contain A and C, and I think that being C-heavy isn’t a bad thing. Some other names that I think fit your style that contain both letters:
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Erica[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
Good luck!

Thank you so much for all your responses! There were some great names suggested. A lot of the names have been on my list but quickly vetoed by my husband. :frowning: Boo…If only we could name our children without their input!! :slight_smile:

I really love [name]Maeve[/name] and I am keeping that one a secret so it doesn’t get vetoed. I figure if she comes out and I feel it fits I will suggest it and it might be easier for him to consider.

I really can’t use anything remotely close to [name]Ann[/name] which means [name]Anna[/name], [name]Annette[/name], [name]Ann[/name], [name]Analiese[/name], etc. are all out no matter how much I love them.

Unfortunately I do like several of the very popular names like [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], and [name]Emma[/name] but as an [name]Amanda[/name] born in the 80’s I know what it is like to have 3 other kids in your class with the same name. I don’t want her to have to go through school with an initial tacked onto her name.

I think a big part of my problem is that at 29 almost all of my friends are starting to have babies and all but one of them have had girls recently. We’ve had 2 Evelyns (Neither of them spelled correctly which is a huge pet peeve!) a [name]Kathryn[/name], [name]Hanna[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Ava[/name]. I was also a teacher which makes naming a child even more difficult because you start to associate personalities with names and there are quite a few that you just want to stay away from! I also come from a very large family so a lot of names are taken by other family members. It is very frustrating! I love Nameberry, though, because I am getting exposure to names that are not often thought of but are certainly beautiful. It is really helping me to find options that are outside of the expected names for little girls.

Thank you all for giving me suggestions!!!

I like [name]Eden[/name] the best with this sibset. I really love [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] too… but I’m with you, [name]Ivy[/name] will probably rise in popularity if that matters to you.

[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name] and -
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Amy[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]. I think [name]Alice[/name] is charming and fits with your classic theme. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is lovely…

[name]Catherine[/name] is lovely, classic and timeless basically. Can’t go wrong with that, the C instead of the K is softer and more old-fashioned. My vote!
I love [name]Anna[/name] too, but don’t go with it if there’s a negative association, that’s one of the name-choosing rules.

I agree, this too is another can’t-go-wrong option.

[name]Eden[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]

My favorite names to complete the sibset are:

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Liza[/name]

I love [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]! I love [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Nina[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Mara[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], and [name]Rose[/name] from previous posts.

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Nora[/name]/h
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], & [name]Margot[/name]

Sorry for any repeats, I tried not to!

I think [name]Catherine[/name] would be gorgeous with [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]. I also picture [name]Adele[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Molly[/name]/[name]Holly[/name], [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Norah[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], or [name]Aubrey[/name] fitting in nicely. I’m a [name]Claire[/name], so these are all names that I think go nicely with my own name :slight_smile: Good luck!

Oooh, I like [name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Elise[/name] - nice. Here are some one syllable names that I love :slight_smile:

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Belle[/name] (love)
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Elle[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Rose[/name]