What name do you love?

What name do you love enough to use even if it hit the top 10? Would you still use it if it became number 1?
Would it make a difference if it were a boys name or a girls name?

I am pretty sure I would still use [name]Agatha[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] if they became top 10. I would definitely still use [name]Percy[/name] if it was top 10, but I think I would drop [name]Edmund[/name] if it became top 10.
I don’t think I would use a number 1 name.

For girls, I think I would still use [name]Helena[/name], [name]Willa[/name], and [name]Zoe[/name] even if they hit the top ten (which might happen with [name]Zoe[/name] but I hope not) because they have family connection. I’m not sure about my other ones. It depends on how often I hear the name. [name]Zoe[/name] is ranked at 30 in the USA (36 in my state) but I’ve never met anyone except named [name]Zoe[/name] for my family member.
For guys, I’m pretty sure I’d still use [name]Gregory[/name], [name]Dimitri[/name], and [name]Tobias[/name] even if they became that popular. They aren’t family names ([name]Dimitri[/name] kind of is, but not really), but I have a hard time finding boys names I like. Most of my other top picks are pretty popular anyway, so I would probably still consider using them. It would again depend on how many people I knew with the name. I would probably be able to drop [name]Charles[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jason[/name], and [name]Joshua[/name] if they sprung to #1 and I now know at least four of them. I don’t think these names will ever reach the top ten, and a number one name, I don’t know if I would be able to do it.

I don’t think it’s something I have to worry about, however hypothetically, I’m not sure. I have a top 10 name and hated it growing up. I was always [name]Sarah[/name] H. among 50 other [name]Sarah[/name]/[name]Sara[/name] (last name or initial). I’d still probably use Goldenrod as it is the name of the first child born in [name]America[/name] in my family.

I’m seriously considering [name]Ava[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] even though both are top 10 names.

[name]Edmund[/name], for a boy. It could be #1 and I’d still want to use that (ummm I hope that doesn’t jinx me, haha).

I honestly don’t think I could ever use a Top 10 name. I even have an aversion to names that have ever been in the Top 10. I’m not trying to be a Special Snowflake; I just love names, truly love them, and they are the one area of my child’s life that I can ensure will be beautiful, creative, and exceptional.

That said, I might consider using one of my favorites if I was planning to call the kid by an unusual nickname – [name]Jem[/name] instead of [name]Ben[/name] for [name]Benjamin[/name], for instance, or [name]Gale[/name] instead of [name]Gabriel[/name].

When I really love a name I don’t care how popular it may become -I’d use it anyway. I really love [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Keira[/name] and [name]Thalia[/name] for a girl and for a boy [name]Christian[/name], Renner and [name]Declan[/name]

For me, it totally depends on if you are talking a boy or girl name. I have a much more difficult name coming up with a boy name that I like, let alone love that if I really truly loved a boy name, it probably wouldn’t matter how popular it is. I have two older sons and their names are both in the top 20. Actually I chose my younger son’s name because it was less common. Unfortunately, it seems that many other people were attracted to it at the same time as it is now firmly in the top five, whereas it was hovering around #30 when my son was born (I know, I know… not exactly “uncommon” in nameberry standards but I still had to lobby my dh for years to get him to agree). For a girl name, I definitely prefer a name that is at least out of the top 50. Although my favorite girl name is [name]Ruby[/name], which definitely seems to be a popular name choice right now, and I can see it rising at least to the top 50. I have fallen in love with it so much though that if we were ever blessed with another daughter it would definitely be my choice, but there are so many reasons why it is “THE” perfect name that popularity issues would just not be quite as important.

I’m an [name]Emily[/name] and it has never bothered me, I absolutely love my name. So I don’t think it would really bother me if the name I loved reached top ten status. That said if somebody I knew used my favorite name ever, which is [name]Colette[/name], I’d be extremely disappointed. Me and my significant other’s favorite for a boy is [name]Jack[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name] so it’s already a top name but whatever! It definitely fits the type of boy I imagine we’ll have, and it honors my father :slight_smile:

I am ardently in love with the names [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]. A top 10 finish would not deter me from using them, at all.

[name]Athena[/name] and [name]Roscoe[/name] are names I love. I’m a big fan of Greek Mythology and I like how [name]Athena[/name] is the [name]Goddess[/name] of [name]Wisdom[/name]. [name]Roscoe[/name] is an old family name that needs to be revived.

I think if my names hit the top ten, I wouldn’t love them nearly as much as I do now. I love my favorites because they are gorgeous, understated and unusual, not something you hear everyday and most people have never met a child with one of my top 4 names (at least not in my country!) If they hit the top ten, the sound would be too common, too plain, and really just not what I picture for my future kids! They simply wouldn’t be what I seek in a name any more at that point. [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong, there are some top ten names I quite like, like [name]Liam[/name] (#1 in [name]Alberta[/name]!) for example. I would strongly consider using it, if a close friend hadn’t already. [name]Alexander[/name], is also #8 where I live, and part of my number one boys combination. It’s mostly in first names that I seek what I described above. For girls, I love [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Lily[/name], which fall at #5 and #6 respectively, and again, would consider using if I didn’t already know many of them!

For girls I would still use [name]Lily[/name], [name]Hannah[/name] & [name]Charlotte[/name] which are close to top ten already and I would also consider [name]Rose[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name], [name]Appoline[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] if they got into the top 10

For boys top ten doesn’t bother me as much. I would use [name]Alexander[/name], which is in the top ten and [name]James[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Joseph[/name] which are close. I would also consider [name]Henry[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Louis[/name], [name]Percy[/name]/[name]Perseus[/name], [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Amos[/name] if they were to get into the top ten.

[name]Arthur[/name] is the only name I’m so attached to that I’d still use it if it were popular.

If my boys’ names hit Top 10 I don’t think I would use them. It’s odd because typically I have so much trouble finding boys’ names I like, but I guess that makes me want them to be even more special. If [name]Desmond[/name], my #1 boy name, hit the top 10, I don’t think I would use it.

I would still use [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]. [name]Lily[/name] is already incredibly popular, but I don’t know any. [name]Willow[/name] is getting more and more popular which bugs me, but its not a deal breaker. I love both of those names too much to give them up because other people also like them.