What name do you think suits me best?

hello berries! longtime lurker here, first time poster.

i have unfortunately never felt a bond to my current name. it’s a beautiful name, but i just don’t have that bond with it. you’re supposed to love the sound of your own name, but when people call my name it takes me a second to realize they’re talking about me, and when i’m asked to write my name down, i hesitate for a moment. i think life’s too short to live like that, with a name i dont respond to.

i’ve been searching for the perfect name for me but nothing has stuck. im much better at picking names for others.

my last name is [name_u]Wild[/name_u], so if anyone has any cool names that sound nice with that last name, please let me know :+)

a little bit about my personality to make things easier: i love names with important meanings, biblical names, and timeless classic names, but i also love new age ‘hippie’ names. im an animal lover, a bookworm, a little bit lazy, and i have a big heart. i love nature and spreading kindness.

sorry for the long post. i hope you are all doing well, and i cant wait to hear your beautiful name suggestions!

4 Likes

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to Nameberry! I get what you mean about not feeling connected to your name, I feel the same way about mine, haha. So it might be a bit hypocritical when I say that when reading your post, the first name that came to mind for you is actually also mine, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], lol. I think it would be so cool with your last name, considering that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] means free, so your name could mean wild and free!
Besides [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], other names I think would fit:
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] (wild star!) (maybe nn [name_f]Essie[/name_f] or Star?)
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] (same as above haha)
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] (wild forest!)
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] (wild flower!)
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (Ruby [name_u]Wild[/name_u] sounds so cool ahh)
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Mattie[/name_u], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], or Tilda)
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] (wild moon!)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ’ [name_u]June[/name_u] / [name_f]Junie[/name_f] ’
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] maybe?)

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!
(also, I just realized I suggested basically all fem names, so if you want a more neutral name, just lmk and I can give you some more ideas :blush:)

This might be a little too over the top. I dunno. It was just the first name that popped into my head.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u]

The first ones that come to mind are [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] (with [name_f]Willa[/name_f] or [name_u]Billie[/name_u] as a nickname, perhaps), and [name_f]Beulah[/name_f] (another one where [name_u]Billie[/name_u] is a great nickname)! Some Biblical, some vintage, and loads of hippie-spunk.

I think alliterative names with a surname are so powerful. They sound superhero-esque, exciting, and bold! [name_m]Hence[/name_m], my suggestions of [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] (or, for that matter, [name_u]Willow[/name_u], too!) with your wonderful surname.

A handful of other ideas:
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_m]Wella[/name_m]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maud[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ‘Jo’
[name_u]Greer[/name_u]
[name_f]Zahava[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] ‘Lady’
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Kinneret[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] ‘Kate’
[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ‘Pippi’
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to Nameberry :blush:

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was Margot… [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u] sounds so cool!

I could see you as…
[name_u]Asta[/name_u] [name_u]Wild[/name_u] (wild, divine strength)
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u] (might be a bit too d heavy, but I think it sounds super strong & cool)
[name_u]Esme[/name_u] [name_u]Wild[/name_u] (wild love)
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u] (wild bringer of happiness)
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u] (I love the nature connection!)
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u] (wild & shining)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u]

Seconding @marigold.solstice’s brilliant suggestions of [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]!

1 Like

Finnlay [name_u]Wild[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Wild[/name_u]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_u]Wild[/name_u]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ‘Joni’
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] ‘Story’
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]

Hello! It’s great that you’re considering changing your name to something that feels more like you. Here are some name suggestions that might fit your personality and go well with your last name, Wild:

Eden Wild - “delightful” or “paradise”; fits your love for nature and has a timeless feel
Lydia Wild - a biblical name meaning “from Lydia”; a classic name that’s also quite popular right now
Seraphina Wild - “fiery ones” in Hebrew; a name with a strong meaning that fits your big heart
Calla Wild - “beautiful” in Greek; a flower name that goes well with your love for nature
Aurora Wild - “dawn” in Latin; a unique name that has a new age vibe to it
Selah Wild - a biblical name that means “to pause and reflect”; a name that fits your love for reading and contemplation
Luna Wild - “moon” in Latin; a hippie name that also fits your love for nature
Briar Wild - a nature name meaning “thorny patch”; a name that has a whimsical and magical feel to it
Ava Wild - “life” in Latin; a classic name that’s also quite popular right now
Grace Wild - a timeless classic name that also has a strong meaning; fits your love for spreading kindness.

I hope you find a name that you love and that feels like it truly belongs to you!

You’ve already gotten some of my suggestions, but I’ll list them anyways.

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - the wild main character of [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women, who pursued and achieved her childhood dreams, and dreamed new ones as she grew. She lived quite a life, even if it was fictional. (Jo, [name_u]Josie[/name_u], Joey)

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] - the creator of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], and a woman who read, wrote and published when it was frowned upon for women to do so. She was independent, strong, even keeping her family afloat by writing Victorian smut novels under a pen name. She was strong, smart, and had a bit of snark. She came from intelligence, grew up amongst great thinkers, like [name_u]Thoreau[/name_u] and [name_m]Whitman[/name_m], and inspired so many little women (and men) with her wild and precious life. (Lou, [name_u]Louie[/name_u], [name_u]Lou[/name_u]- Lou)

[name_f]Fenna[/name_f] - means peace, a hippie standard, and it’s a vintage name in the Netherlands, so it is well-established. It doesn’t seem widely used, the only time I’ve ever seen it was actually on a tombstone of a well loved mother and grandmother who died in the 1930’s. So not super common, but beautiful, in my opinion.

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] - in 1 [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] 25, [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] was an intelligent, kind woman married to a wealthy man who offended the future king [name_u]David[/name_u] when he asked for supplies. When she heard how her husband insulted [name_u]David[/name_u], she acted quickly, brought him supplies, and stopped him from taking his men to attack her husband and her household. She basically asked [name_u]David[/name_u] to have mercy on her husband, as his name (Nabal) meant fool, and that’s exactly what he was, a fool. She used words to calm David’s wrath, and actually became his wife soon after, as her husband died about 10 days later. She was a strong, intelligent woman, worthy of remembering. (Abby, [name_u]Abba[/name_u], Gail)

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - well-known, she saved her people from destruction, standing up when doing so more than likely meant certain death. Her strength and faith in [name_m]God[/name_m] made her someone who was worthy of recognition. (Essie, Star)

[name_f]Vashti[/name_f] - she was the queen before [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. She was replaced after refusing to appear naked in front of her husband’s party guests. She stood up for herself, even though it meant being stripped of her queenhood and banished.

[name_f]Paloma[/name_f] - a name that means [name_u]Dove[/name_u], tying into the hippie/nature side. It is earthy and elegant.

[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - a woman who was strong, loyal, and brave. After losing her husband, she could have left her mother in law, who also lost her husband, but she didn’t. When urged by her mother in law [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] said “Do not urge me to leave you or to turn from following you. For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live; your people will be my people, and your [name_m]God[/name_m] will be my [name_m]God[/name_m]. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. [name_f]May[/name_f] the LORD punish me, and ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.” What a beautiful statement of love and loyalty! She went on to be blessed, she married [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], who was wealthy and influential, and proclaimed in one of my favorite verses that [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] was “a woman of excellence” (Ruth 3:11). What a wonderful namesake!

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] - a virtue name, [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is favor that we are unable to earn, but it is bestowed in love. It is steadfast, it is enduring, it is one of the greatest types of love there is.

I know there are more, but these are all I can think of right now, I hope this helps!