What name(s) have you just discovered?

one of my favorite rose names :heart: you might be interested to know that a character from orson scott card’s ender’s game is named rosen ? it’s where i first encountered it !!

3 Likes

[name_f]Sema[/name_f] (See-muh)!

6 Likes

Kiefth - a character on Modern Family

2 Likes

Humna :crescent_moon:

5 Likes

Alyeska

If I understand correctly, this is the original, or an older, spelling of [name_f]Alaska[/name_f]. I think this is a stunning name, but I recognize it would likely be appropriation to use irl.

6 Likes

Cäzilia and Kreszenz (both femme)

5 Likes

There was a male journalist on TV yesterday called [name_u]Vigor[/name_u]! That was an interesting discovery

11 Likes

Ellamy (g)

(I guess it’s like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] without the b)

10 Likes

[name_f]Anima[/name_f]!

6 Likes

[name_m]Ojore[/name_m] (Oh-jore-ay)!

3 Likes

[name_u]Izar[/name_u] meaning “star”

6 Likes

Neoma “new moon” :new_moon: :milky_way: :ringer_planet:

(nee-OH-mah)

12 Likes

today i saw zeplin :scorpion: and thought it was a beautiful alternative to zeppelin, my biggest gp :))

7 Likes

[name_m]Akseli[/name_m]
Finnish variation of [name_u]Axel[/name_u].

8 Likes

[name_f]Fenella[/name_f], [name_f]Theora[/name_f], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], [name_m]Alpheus[/name_m], [name_m]Almus[/name_m], [name_m]Serenus[/name_m] and [name_m]Algot[/name_m] are my recent discoveries.

13 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Islavie — “island life”

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] (“island”) + vie (“life” in French)!

12 Likes

a girl in my class named [name_f]Nubia[/name_f]!

4 Likes

Someone on here suggested [name_f]Olivet[/name_f] to me as a middle for [name_f]Maris[/name_f] and it’s new to me, but I love it!

Also discovering the beauty of [name_f]Natalya[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the drop of the y, feels less prim and proper than [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], more raw.

7 Likes

Yesterday I discovered [name_f]Raisa[/name_f]:

• a Russian, Ukranian, Belarusian form of Herais,
  • a Yiddish name meaning “rose”
  • an Arabic name meaning “leader”

[name_u]Truly[/name_u] an international name!

13 Likes