What name(s) have you just discovered?

Not really ‘just discovered’ but I recently heard Stanislava pronounced out loud for the first time and God, it just blew me away. There’s something about hearing names sometimes it just really changes things for me. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if I know how they’re supposed to pronounced.

1 Like

I went to school with a guy named [name_m]Moss[/name_m]!

3 Likes

Salvator - this had not been on my radar
[name_f]Orchid[/name_f] - I know of the flower but had cot considered it as a name but it reminds me if [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] a bit, I feel it could catch on along that style
[name_m]Wes[/name_m]- not a new discovery per say but it recently caught my eye and I thought it was refreshing compared to [name_u]West[/name_u] or [name_m]Westley[/name_m]

4 Likes

Came across [name_f]Benita[/name_f] this evening – how cute is that? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Amalburga

I now believe in love at first sight.

3 Likes

Girls
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] I think they are so pretty.
Boys
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]- ok I know this has been around but I really love it.

3 Likes

Fell in love with Giosetta :two_hearts: (jo-SEHT-uh)

12 Likes

I just rediscovered [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]. Does that count? Forgot how much I used to love that name!

8 Likes

Cassander. I heard it on a history podcast and immediately thought it’s awesome. I like [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] too and -er is a great ending for male names!

7 Likes

I’d known about these for a long time, but I’ve recently rediscovered/fallen in love with [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] :heart_eyes:, [name_m]Truett[/name_m] and [name_u]Abbott[/name_u]. (I already have [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] on my list, so I really didn’t need more with the same ending :joy:)

4 Likes

Arkina and Meghri!

1 Like

I discovered [name_f]Sidonia[/name_f] recently. :blush:

3 Likes

I also posted about it in Name of the day, but… Robichaux :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: How is it possible that I didn’t know this name existed? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Kalindi is a recent one that was suggested to me, or [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], a Cornish name

4 Likes

Aneliya! :star:
Bulgarian variant of [name_u]Anne[/name_u]! So beautiful!

4 Likes

Coretta! I can’t decide whether or not I prefer this to [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f].

3 Likes

Persephassa

2 Likes

Auley

2 Likes

I came across [name_f]Auretta[/name_f] the other day. I’m surprised it doesn’t have more traction here!

9 Likes

Cynara
[name_f]Delyth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elestren[/name_f]
[name_f]Keanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Kerenza[/name_f]
[name_f]Keva[/name_f]
[name_f]Leda[/name_f]
[name_f]Madrigal[/name_f]
[name_f]Panthea[/name_f]
[name_f]Valda[/name_f]

3 Likes