What name would you like to have?

What are 5 names you would like to have as your own, that you think would suit you and that you would love using in every day life? Are they the same as your top 5 favorite names?

I think I would like using [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]/[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] (I love Pride and Prejudice!). Clearly those are pretty different than my top names but I think they would suit me best!

What an interesting question! Five names that I would say would suit me today are [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

Hmmmm…people say I look like a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

But I do like my name, [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]

The names I think would fit me are pretty different than my top names, though I can see myself using some of them in the middle. I would say I can see myself as a [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], or [name_f]Liz[/name_f]/[name_f]Lizzie[/name_f].

Before my parents chose my name ([name_f]Leah[/name_f]), they considered [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (my middle name) as well as [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. I can’t see myself as a [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] or [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], though the others would fit me pretty well.

Probably something on the more familiar side, especially for my birth year. Soft yet strong, I think.

Maybe ~

[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]

I think they differ from my usual (girl) taste, just because these are more popular.

I used to want to be a [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] or an [name_f]Alia[/name_f]

Tbh I love my name, but if I had a different one I’d be very happy to be a [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_u]Salem[/name_u], [name_f]Lola[/name_f] or [name_f]Callie[/name_f] (maybe [name_f]Callista[/name_f] as a full name)

I’ve always found my name, [name_u]Julie[/name_u], to be pretty boring. My fiance and his family all have unique/strange names and since they’re really the only family I have, I would want something that fits in with them, so maybe…

[name_u]Sunny[/name_u]
[name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]

I’ve always thought if [name_f]Maddison[/name_f] wasn’t an option [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] would suit

Honestly, I would probably fit something more common.

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_u]Saige[/name_u]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]

My name is [name_u]Shannon[/name_u]. I like it and I feel it suits me, but its not my style at all. A lot of people have made comments I look like a [name_f]Megan[/name_f]. I’ve also always kind of pictured myself as someone with a short, spunky yet feminine name such as
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]

This is actually the question that brought me to Nameberry in the first place! I’m not sure I fit my name ([name_u]Hillary[/name_u]) very well, though people say I do. If I could go by another name it would either be [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], or [name_f]Lia[/name_f]. They just feel right to me and would be an easy transition for me mentally/emotionally. I already use [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] as a fake name at Starbucks and such. I always wanted to have a name that ends in “a” (which is probably why they’re so prominent in my signature).

Funny enough, I wouldn’t want to be named any of my other favorite names because they just don’t fit me. I love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], for example, but I’m not sure I’d really pull it off.

I changed my name but I honestly don’t feel like the full version suits me very well… the nicknames do, however! If I could choose again I’d go for something simple and a little understated such as [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Sara[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (I might actually start going by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] at some point in my life anyway, as it can be derived from my middles).

Interesting to see how the general trend here seems to be similar - most people go for short and simple and not for the longer/more “out there” names on their lists!

Interesting question! A name that I know will definitely suits me is [name_f]Luna[/name_f], but I haven’t ever thought of four more options. Maybe:

[name_f]Callista[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Selena[/name_f]

Definitely in line with my usual style, though not exactly what I’ll pick for a future daughter.

[name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Fable[/name_u]/[name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], and [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]. What’s interesting is that I see myself most as a [name_f]Megan[/name_f], and I actually rather dislike that name. The rest I like a lot, and wouldn’t mind any of those names being my own. However, if I ever changed my name or went by something else, it would be [name_u]Scottie[/name_u].

Names I feel would fit me, and that I’d be comfortable and happy wearing, are very similar to my favourite baby names.

1. [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] (my top favourite baby name also)
  2. [name_f]Azure[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Jade[/name_f] or [name_f]Liberty[/name_f]

The only one I would not name a child of mine is [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. I love the name and for years I have felt like it suits me perfectly, but yet I could never imagine naming my child [name_f]Eve[/name_f].

The reason I am so obsessed with names is because I’ve always hated my name. It’s [name_f]Regina[/name_f]. I’m in the US, and for some reason everyone gets it wrong. I get [name_f]Virginia[/name_f], [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f], and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] all the time. Or people say it is too long, and want to call me [name_f]Gina[/name_f]. Also I have family in the UK, and [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. They pronounce it differently. I was supposed to be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I wish they would have stuck with that.

Or
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u]
[name_u]Shannon[/name_u]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]

I am pretty content with my name and the nickname that comes from it. When I was younger I did think about how it would be nice to make my nickname my legal first name, but as I have gotten older I have used my given first name more and so it doesn’t bother me. The one name I can think of that I would have liked to have been called is Talita, a name my parents did consider for me. It was very common in [name_u]Brazil[/name_u] around when I was born, but is extremely uncommon in the US, so I think it hits the sweet spot.

The one part of my name I would change is my middle name. It is my grandmother’s name, but she has never seemed to care that I was named after her (I honestly don’t know if she even remembers), and I don’t much like the name itself. I probably wouldn’t ever go to the trouble of changing it, but if it just disappeared one day I wouldn’t mind…but sadly that’s not how names work!

[name_u]Alix[/name_u], [name_u]Lou[/name_u], [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], [name_f]Mariel[/name_f], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f].

Great question!

I would like using [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I would like to fit my other favorites, I don’t. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] would be my very favorite option for myself, as it’s international and works in all the languages I speak. I really like it, too, and it’s similar to my real name. Unfortunately, I can’t use it.

At the moment, I really want to be called [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] - which is on my favourite list and the name of one of my favourite characters
The only other two currently, are [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]) or [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] - not one of my top names, but [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is my middle and what I was very nearly called
I think I like the idea of having a name with nickname potential, which my own doesn’t really have. Whether they’d suit me, or whether I think they’d suit the sort of person I’d rather be, is another matter