What names are Nameberry favourites now?

Hello everyone. I haven’t been super active here in about a year due to life calling, and I’m pondering which names are popular here these days. We oldies got to keep up with the trends too, you know.

Are names like [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_u]Marlo[/name_u], and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] still popular or am I super out-of-touch?

Nice to see you here again! I haven’t seen a lot of mentions of [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Marlo[/name_u] lately, but [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are definitely still going strong. I feel like I keep seeing [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] more and more even though it’s been around for a while, as well as [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] has been having a bit of a moment too.

Nice to see you back :sunny:
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are still favourites, though I think [name_u]Theo[/name_u] has never been as popular as [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. [name_u]Marlo[/name_u] I haven’t seen in a while, though there was a question about [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] recently I believe, so it’s still on people’s minds.
Tbh, I think the favourites have become a bit less obvious recently, however, the typical names like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], etc. are still talked about.
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] I haven’t seen in ages!

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] back!

The ones I’ve seen around recently:

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there!

The names I keep seeing are:

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_u]Marin[/name_u] / [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] / [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

1 Like

Welcome back!

Ones I see win a lot of polls/in a lot of combos:

Phoebe, Juliet, Juno, Wildflower/Sunflower, Sunday, Theodore, Kit, Susannah, Diana, Ophelia, August, Flora, Edmund, Valentine, Violet, and Colette/Cosette.

I think [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] “replaced” [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. I see it all the time and it was everywhere for a while. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are definitely still going strong!

1 Like

Good to see you back, [name_m]Eric[/name_m]!

I’ve seen a lot of [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]August[/name_u] (f), [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] (m), and [name_u]March[/name_u] (as a middle).

1 Like

haven’t seen marlo, but marlowe is definitely pretty popular! other names i would classify as ‘nameberry favourites’ are lavender, theodore, caspian, maeve, atlas and iris.

1 Like

Yep, I’d agree with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. Plus [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], and [name_u]Cleo[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] springs to mind! Generally for a boy.

I think [name_u]Lark[/name_u] or [name_f]Moon[/name_f] are the new [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

Anything with the nickname [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is still a huge one, the stretchier the better.

Agree with [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

There was a [name_f]Tiggy[/name_f] (sometimes [name_f]Antigone[/name_f] with Tiggy/Tig for short) phase for a while but I see that less at the moment. [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u] too :zap:

[name_u]Alma[/name_u] and increasingly [name_u]Alba[/name_u] are the new Ada; [name_f]Frida[/name_f] is the new [name_f]Freya[/name_f].

[name_f]Greta[/name_f], which I used to see a lot in the same category, has not caught on in the same way now that it’s so associated with Thunberg.

[name_f]Vita[/name_f], sometimes as a nickname, sometimes not.

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f] still, [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_f]Betty[/name_f].

[name_u]August[/name_u] still big, increasingly for a girl too. Nickname of choice now [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] or [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] rather than [name_u]Gus[/name_u].

Fresh boy names ending in -ian: [name_u]Florian[/name_u], [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] and also sometimes [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].

[name_f]Finja[/name_f] has been and gone.

Where did [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] for a girl come from?!

2 Likes

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] is still around
I’m seeing more [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ‘Teddy’ (or something with their middle name, ex [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] ‘Laurie’)
Tbh I’ve been seeing [name_u]Wren[/name_u] (and Ren) a bit more recently
Haven’t been seeing [name_u]Marlo[/name_u] around but I saw one with [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] recently