What names are you really really tired of?

[name]Jacob[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Morgan[/name].

I know an Elivia and she is 13

[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name]

@jennipea382

I completely agree with you about [name]Annabel[/name]. It just doesn’t seem as over exposed as all the other “belle” names!

[name]Ava[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Lily[/name]… Some of my favorite names done to death and back. So annoying. Also [name]Kaylee[/name], [name]Kayleigh[/name], [name]Kaley[/name], however you spell it. I know about a million, all spelled different and all ranging in age from about 2 to 25. [name]Olivia[/name], and even worse, though I’ve only seen it once [name]Alyvia[/name]. [name]Jacob[/name] and anything that rhymes with [name]Aiden[/name], ESP [name]Jaden[/name]. [name]Even[/name] saw a J’den, the WORST. When that lady spelled that for me, I had to try not to stare with my jaw to the floor.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Persephone[/name]. They are on my list for future daughters. But I do agree with you regarding the rest of your list.

I was almost a [name]Tiffany[/name], lol. Breakfast at [name]Tiffany[/name]'s gives it some class. Also love the [name]Bride[/name] of [name]Chucky[/name], lol.

[name]Love[/name] both of those names, but I am a lover of flowy, over the top princessy names like [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Persephone[/name], and [name]Guinevere[/name].

[name]Katniss[/name]. I mean come on, who’s really gonna call their kid that. This whole trend with naming a kid after the latest movie/literary hero/heroine is just annoying to me. Arrietty. [name]Nala[/name]. [name]Simba[/name]. I bet somewhere there’s a kid named [name]Obi[/name]-Wan.

For me, it’s not the top 10 names, lol. I am tired of [name]Jayden[/name]/[name]Aiden[/name]/[name]Caden[/name], etc., but I’m absolutely fine with [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Emma[/name], etc.

For me, it would be:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Riley[/name] (on a girl)

They seem to be everywhere in Pennsylvania and I just don’t get it! People on naming boards seem to love [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name], but, no joke, I’ve met 20 Elijahs/Alijahs and 10 Autumns, most of which are fairly young, and I’m just getting sick of it.

[name]Leah[/name], too. Around Christmastime, I met two newborns named [name]Leah[/name]–both with ties to my church. I knew [name]Leah[/name] was relatively popular, but really?!

ynnig said it best, I too am sick to death of “[name]OTT[/name] grandious names”. Some may disagree with me, but I’m finding it harder and harder to take a name like [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Eulalie[/name] seriously. I don’t see the appeal in names that sound more like “Toddlers in Tiaras” kids with snobby NYC hipster moms instead of, well… you know.

[name]Aiden[/name] and the never-ending variants grate on my nerves. My stepsister has a son named [name]Jayden[/name] though, so I let it slide in that case, but if I hear a mother calling to a [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Kaden[/name], or [name]Brayden[/name], I can only roll my eyes yet again…

Names borrowed from teenybopper literature and movies - Yes, I realize [name]Hermione[/name] was a name long before [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], but I think I’m going to be sick if I hear one more person say, “[name]Hermione[/name] is so cool/spunky/sexy/a great role model/practically perfect in every way!” Same goes for [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Katniss[/name]. It confuses me how [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Katniss[/name] are rightfully scoffed at, but somehow [name]Hermione[/name] gets a free pass because she’s so “nerdtacular” and doesn’t have a sparkling vampire for a boyfriend. I’m still not convinced…

[name]Samantha[/name] - my BF goes on and on about this name, but all I see when I hear this name are the many stuck-up home-wrecking type mean girls who bullied me mercilessly. (1 of which had this name) I could never give my daughter a name that evokes horrible feelings like that. Also, I can’t stand that fact the go-to nickname for this is [name]Sam[/name]. Like masquerading as a man is really going to make a woman “stronger” – ?!

Okay, I better stop now…

[name]Sylvia[/name]. I must be the only one who thinks it sounds like saliva.

I also live in P.A. and the names are the same each time. it depends what part it is a big state

[name]Isabella[/name]/[name]Bella[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]/[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Lilly[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Caitlin[/name] (which is sad because I love this name)
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]/[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Kaylee[/name]/[name]Kylie[/name]/[name]Hayley[/name]/[name]Mylie[/name]

[name]Aiden[/name]/[name]Jayden[/name]/[name]Brayden[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]/[name]Jackson[/name]

[name]Riley[/name]/[name]Rylee[/name]/[name]Ryleigh[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Maddison[/name]
[name]Mackenzie[/name]
[name]Makenna[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]

There are so many more! Lol.

I think I like way too many names. There are so few that I’m sick of. I think the biggest trend that I mist cant get on board with is boys names for little girls. There are so many other names that have been mentioned and I think they’re great names.

I completely agree about the nn suggestions. To me nn should be based more on personality, which is something you can’t exactly plan, or should actually be shorter than the original name. If parents really want to call their daughter “[name]Callie[/name]” then just name her “[name]Callie[/name].” I’m all for just naming your child what you want them to “go by.”

[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Devin[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]/[name]Bella[/name]

I find [name]Bella[/name] annoying because a) it’s always been kind of boring and pleasantly vague but mostly because b) I know of so many dogs and babies called [name]Bella[/name]. [name]Hermione[/name] doesn’t bother me the same way because I intrinsically like it more than both [name]Bella[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Katniss[/name], but also because I have never actually met one. [name]Plenty[/name] of people like [name]Hermione[/name], but I don’t really see it being used with the frequency of [name]Bella[/name]. [name]Luna[/name] is the name from [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] that seems to be to be taking off more.

The names I never want to see again are [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Jude[/name]. I don’t know which I dislike more, as they both strike me as pretentiously pseudo-intellectual. When people go with [name]Jude[/name] and cite the Beatles song as the reason, I feel a little bit sad, because while it’s a good song and a good band, it’s so generic as a favorite as to be slightly depressing. [name]Atticus[/name] may be worse, because while To Kill a Mockingbird really is a work of art, [name]Atticus[/name] is such a stuff white people like sort of name. I really visualize people with kids named [name]Atticus[/name] as smugly loving The Help and The Blind Side and other movies that assuage white guilt. There’s nothing wrong with those movies, but the smugness that I’ve seen with every person I’ve known [name]IRL[/name] to use either [name]Jude[/name] or [name]Atticus[/name] has entirely ruined both of those names for me.

I really don’t like the name [name]Boheme[/name] in and of itself, but I was impressed by the Girl’s Gone Child post on why she chose the name. It had so much time and thought put into it, and so many associations for the parents, that it gave it a substance I think the name lacks when only reliant on its meaning. I think that’s what really bothers me about [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Atticus[/name]: the way the handful of people I’ve met in real life who have used these names have announced them in a way that made it clear that they consider them to be that well thought out, that rich, and that meaningful, but then they aren’t. But then, I suppose that’s most of what I dislike about trendy names in general: naming your kid whatever is most obvious at that moment seems to display a lack of thought, and I do know that it doesn’t always mean that.

I saw my actual name ([name]Kaitlin[/name] and variants) on here, but I’m not offended. I actually agree. While it was a great name for me, I grew up as one of 5 in my grade in school and now when I hear of little kids named this I just feel it’s totally overused at this point. Poor things are going to have the same problems I had.

Anyway, the ones I’m tired of are:
[name]Katelin[/name], [name]Katelynn[/name], [name]Catelin[/name]… any weird spelling of my name
[name]Kaylin[/name] et al - you’re not being clever by dropping the T. Your daughter will just get confused for a [name]Kaitlyn[/name] all. the. time.
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]/[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Riley[/name] et al., on a girl or a boy. I just think of someone being hyper or “riled up”.
[name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Gia[/name], [name]Gianna[/name] - any super Italian name on a non-Italian child
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Mackenna[/name], [name]Mackenzie[/name], [name]Makayla[/name], et c.
[name]Madison[/name] and [name]Addison[/name]
[name]Haley[/name]
[name]Kaylee[/name]
[name]Dacey[/name] - A coworker has a daughter named this and every time she talks about how unique and special her daughter’s name is I secretly roll my eyes.

And for boys:
[name]Aidan[/name], and anything that rhymes with it ([name]Brayden[/name], [name]Kaden[/name], [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Zayden[/name]…)
[name]Liam[/name], by itself or as a [name]William[/name] NN.
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Joey[/name] - the name [name]Joseph[/name] is fine, but this nickname just rubs me the wrong way
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Alex[/name], it seems every other little boy I meet is named [name]Alex[/name].
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]/[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]
And there seems to be an explosion of little Coopers in my area. I had two Coopers, one 6mos and one 8mos, at my work at the same time around Christmastime this year and both parents were so surprised that someone else gave their child the same “unique” name. I’m not tired of it yet but I’m sure I will be.

…I have a lot apparently! Lol!

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name], though I do like [name]Nora[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] ([name]Isabelle[/name] seems to be neglected in my area, so I’m not so negative on this one yet)
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]

[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]George[/name]