What names did you like before being a name-nerd?

You can totally steal [name]Aurora[/name] Chaos, lol. I can only associate it with my screen name now, anyway and I couldn’t ever bring myself to name a kid Chaos, even if I DID love the name, lol.

When I was in middle school, I wanted to have a boy and a girl and name them [name]Christian[/name] and [name]Blossom[/name]. After that, I decided on [name]Taylor[/name] and [name]Morgan[/name], because it wouldn’t matter if they were boys or girls. I’m not sure which name I hate the most now- probably [name]Blossom[/name] or [name]Morgan[/name].

When I was very little, I absolutely LOVED the name [name]Denise[/name]. I don’t know why…but every doll I had was given the name [name]Denise[/name]. I really dislike the name now.

When I was a little older, I saw the movie Losing [name]Isaiah[/name] and became obsessed with the name [name]Hannah[/name]. I loved that name for years. Although this isn’t anywhere close to [name]Denise[/name], I also don’t care much for [name]Hannah[/name], either. It’s just not my style!

In my teenage years, I loved the names [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Gavin[/name]. Although I still think both of these names are very nice (I still think [name]Ava[/name] is just beautiful), they are very common and a little too trendy for me.

I don’t remember a time when I was not fascinated by names. [name]Even[/name] when I was pretty darn small. My parents said I named inanimate objects all the time. (Ok, still do that…I’m typing this on [name]Eli[/name] aka my laptop…not sure why [name]Eli[/name], it’s not really one of my favorites. “He” just felt like an [name]Eli[/name].) My favorite teddy bear before I even started Kndg was [name]Thomasina[/name]. My cabbage patch was [name]Noelle[/name] when ALL my friends’ were [name]Katie[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], and [name]Jennifer[/name]. I remember passing time in boring classes imagining what my classmates would name their kids. (I still do that too when I’m bored sometimes…imagine what neighbors and coworkers would name their future kids.)

I remember around 12 falling in love with the name [name]Braden[/name]. Since that was 20 years ago, I’d like to say I was ahead of my time. :wink: Too bad it makes me cringe now! In high school my favorite girl names were usually pretty “tomboyish”. Wish I could find my name lists from back then. The ones that stand out in my memory as my top faves were [name]Austin[/name] and [name]Teegan[/name]. For boys I think I leaned toward surname names a lot. Caler (rhymes with [name]Sailor[/name]) was my favorite name forever, couldn’t imagine having a son named anything else. It was the last name of a kid in my school. I also liked [name]Keegan[/name] and [name]Garrison[/name]. I remember being annoyed when South [name]Park[/name] got big, for changing my feelings about [name]Garrison[/name].

I’ve always wondered what makes someone a namenerd. I think it starts in the womb!

What a funny topic!

Hey! Some names are great!

@ flick : Well we`re two [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fans so!

@ejs82: [name]Christina[/name] and [name]Blossom[/name], [name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Taylor[/name]… Well I can`t said nothing, I used to love the name [name]Maruja[/name] :slight_smile:

@colbi.random: [name]Denise[/name] is not so bad, I have a boyfriend calles [name]Denis[/name]. [name]Hannah[/name] is too plain, and [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Gavin[/name], cute but overpopular!

@namesage: Like I said before, inanimate objects are great to choce names! I name everything… and my laptop is called Bia, and I think it`s a she :slight_smile:
When I was just a little kid, I was reallt into names! Like you said it starts in the womb!

@ohluna: Well Pocahontas is a cute name! But is imposible to deny the association with the character! [name]Florida[/name] is cute, and [name]Melanie[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] are just ok-I prefer [name]Melina[/name] or [name]Malina[/name] than [name]Melanie[/name]-

@Sophiarose: Great names! Specially [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]! So sweet…

@romanticism: Your favourites names now are awesome! I specially like Eleonor and [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Finnian[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]!

Sorry If I let somebody without a replay! Let`s continue berries!

Teen_berry :sunglasses:

When I was very little I was determined to change my name to [name]Emily[/name]. I even started telling people to call me that instead of my real name, but it didn’t work as my cousin is called [name]Emily[/name] :wink: . I went through different name phases too. They tended to start very suddenly and last for a couple of weeks before fading just as quickly! At one point I loved [name]Anna[/name], then [name]Julia[/name], then [name]Vanessa[/name], then [name]Juliana[/name] (still love this!). I think I also liked [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Flavia[/name] (this was from one of my fave books, I still love it now).

I also used to play imaginary games with my best friend. I generally chose whatever name I loved at the time, with the back-ups being [name]Emily[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name], [name]Katie[/name] or [name]Victoria[/name] (my middle name). My friend was ALWAYS [name]Rosie[/name] or [name]Harriet[/name], normally [name]Rosie[/name]. I got sooooo frustrated with her, even when we were on about 4! Anyway, she ened up naming her guinea pigs [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name], so it’s all good :slight_smile: .

Oh and for the record, my laptop’s called [name]Rosanna[/name] :smiley: .

[name]Fiona[/name]. I’ve always loved [name]Fiona[/name].

@morganalefaye: Well, I thougth I was the only one that named her laptop! We could have a club! By the way, I love the name [name]Julia[/name]!

@jessicajanex17: I loved [name]Fiona[/name]! Now I think it`s becoming so popular! :frowning:

I remember that I hated my name, [name]Nora[/name], for years! I desperately wanted to change it, and at the time, before I was a name nerd, I wanted it to be [name]Amy[/name], [name]Natalie[/name] or [name]Natasha[/name]. I also have a vague memory about having a [name]Melanie[/name] or a [name]Melody[/name] in my dance class and liking that name as well.
The funny thing is, I disliked [name]Amy[/name] and [name]Natasha[/name] for a while, but now I think [name]Amy[/name] is cute, [name]Natasha[/name] nn [name]Tasha[/name] is one of my favourites, and I like [name]Natalie[/name] a lot, though I prefer the spanish variation, [name]Natalia[/name]. Weird…

@princessnoribori: I love [name]Nora[/name]! It`s so sweet! [name]Natalia[/name] is cute too, and [name]Amy[/name] is nice! I also like [name]Aimee[/name]…

When I was a kid I loved the name [name]Lily[/name] and I always wanted to name my daughter that and have all her siblings to be four letters too. Like [name]Lily[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Jade[/name], [name]Ruby[/name]. Now the name [name]Lily[/name] is so popular… but i dont know how ‘crazy’ i want to get to be different. My best friend did just name his son Castiel [name]Orin[/name] and i thought that was cute but idk. I think picking the baby name is gonna be really hard…

Being a teen berry myself, I have a few unusual pre-name nerd favourites. This is my genuine list from a couple of years ago:

Lissy
[name]Mady[/name]
[name]Adelyn[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Eira[/name]/[name]Aira[/name] (pn, ay-rah)
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Emerald[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[Oh God help us all] [name]Kinley[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isobella[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Aoife[/name] (pn, ee-fah)
[name]Annie[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]

OK, so the majority are usable, but are far from my taste today. The boys aren’t quite as bad:
[name]Alec[/name] (My Grandfather’s name, which I have reserved for my first born son, and still love to this moment.)
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Paddy[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name] (Spelled [name]Alister[/name] on my list)
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Aaden[/name]
[name]Freddy[/name]

I still like most of those, not including [name]Paddy[/name] or [name]Asa[/name].

Girls!

@althenaruby: I love the name [name]Lily[/name]! I know is really popular, but I think it`so cutee!!

@oliviasarah: Some of the names are nice! It`s nice to meet another teen berry!

I’m a teen berry too, heh :smiley:

My taste was all over the place:

[name]Ashlyn[/name] (there was a brief period where I was head over heels for “[name]Ashlinne[/name]” :oops: )
Keeah (read it in a book)
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

I still love [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Liliana[/name].

I’m a teen also!
The names I remember loving as a kid were [name]Dakota[/name] and [name]Raine[/name]… :?

Yay teen berries! I’m also one :slight_smile:

I liked the generic names… [name]Sarah[/name] (which I still love but wouldn’t use), [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Kyle[/name], [name]Ryan[/name]… and some random ones like [name]Esther[/name], [name]Brendan[/name], [name]Liana[/name], [name]Aidan[/name] (still like but hate the popularity), [name]Amber[/name], [name]Brianna[/name] (ugh), [name]Alyssa[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Michael[/name]… that’s pretty much all I remember. Those were dark days indeed.

Oh, and I also remember liking [name]KAYLA[/name]. No offense to anyone who likes it, but it makes me want to GAG. [name]Every[/name] other girl I meet is named [name]Kayla[/name], no lie. I also liked [name]Madison[/name], ugh. What was my problem back then?!

Hey Teens! It`s great to meet all of you!

@samanthakathryn: Nice names! I used to like [name]Dakota[/name] too…

@dotdotdotty: [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Liliana[/name] are so cute! But [name]Ashlinne[/name], is a bit dull… :slight_smile:

@renee5322: [name]Don[/name]t worry all of us have a dark past! Have I ever told you I was obssesed with the name [name]Marie[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name]? And Id use [name]Marian[/name] like a nickname…that movie with [name]Kristen[/name] Dunst was one of my favourites so…

I love reading yours replays! Let`s continue cuties!

Yay! So glad there are other teens here! As a child, I had an American Girl doll that I loved to “re-christen” with my “new favorite name.” All the time. Fortunately, much of my taste has mature nicely since these:

[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Megan[/name]
[name]Cassie[/name]
[name]Lindsey[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Diane[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
(I’m sure there are more, I just can’t think of them at the moment).

As for boys, I didn’t really think much about their names too much as I didn’t really know many (I went to an all girls school at the time). But I think I liked:

[name]James[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] (for my grandfather)

I’m a teen berry too! :slight_smile: Before I discovered nameberry, I loved [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Rain[/name] and [name]Addison[/name]. Now they make me cringe! I think that [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Rain[/name] are trendy and a bit trashy, and [name]Addison[/name] is unisex, which is usually a big no-no for me! But I’m impressed with [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]! (I guess I’ve always had some “berry” in me :wink: )

For boys I liked more classic names, like I do now. The only truly “trendy” name I liked for boys before nameberry was [name]Hayden[/name] (but I like this when I was very young, years before I really fell in love with names!).

When I was about 13, just before I got in to names, some of my favourite were:

[name]Brie[/name] [name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hiro[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Suri[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name] [name]Blue[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Addison[/name]
[name]Callie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Gracie[/name] [name]Adair[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Madison[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]