What names did you like before being a name-nerd?

Girls!

It`s great to meet so many teen berries!

@namelover7: [name]Autumn[/name] is not so bad! But really trendy… the rest of the names you mention are just makes me cringe too!

@genevie: [name]Kristin[/name] [name]Heidi[/name]? Really? I like [name]Persephone[/name] from your list, but itd be really hard to use! From your boys list i love [name]Milo[/name], but [name]Milo[/name] Gracen, is not so good…

Let`s continue! :smiley:

I [name]LOVE[/name] THAT FILM!!
I was obsessed with it throughout much of my childhood.
Now I’m a ‘name-nerd’ :wink: the fact his name is Thachary and not [name]Zachary[/name] REALLY bugs me :p.

I was in love with the name [name]Eleanor[/name] and named all my dolls [name]Eleanor[/name] when I was very little. I still like the name but I definitely prefer others. I also used to adore [name]Elizabeth[/name] (I wished it was my fn instead of my mn) and I still love it but I now think it’s kind of ‘safe’.

Around third or fourth grade, my friends and I came up with the imaginary friend book and club. I contributed six characters to the book, but only two of my characters wore the names I swore I would name my future children. The first name was [name]Amy[/name]. I still like the name, but it is too short for me now. The second name was [name]Stacey[/name]. I never knew a [name]Stacey[/name] and I thought it sounded pretty. I am starting to adore the name again, but it def. is not on the top of my list. My main charcter’s name was [name]Rosie[/name]. Except I spelled her name Roise haha.
For boys, I only liked one name: [name]Thomas[/name]. I still love [name]Thomas[/name] but my list has expanded ([name]Caleb[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], etc).
Later on in life, in highschool, I [i]loved[i] the name [name]Daniella[/name]. I can’t bear to say that name anymore. Funny thing is I now like the name [name]Gabriella[/name]. My current name picks now are: (girl) [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and (boy) [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Scott[/name].

When I was younger, I named every doll [name]Rose[/name], or a variant thereof - [name]Rosie[/name], or [name]Rosalie[/name], or [name]Rosanna[/name]. I also went through a phase where I wanted to change my name to [name]Anastasia[/name], and another where I wanted to be called [name]Stevie[/name]. I also adored the name [name]Melissa[/name] and envied all the other girls in my class with that name. When my sisters and I played princesses, I was [name]Princess[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and she was [name]Princess[/name] [name]Allison[/name]. Later I fell in love with the name [name]Sophie[/name], and I’ve always loved the names [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Kate[/name]. I still adore the names [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Kate[/name].

But I’ve kept lists of names my whole life. There was a stage when I named my future children after characters on MAS*H, and then a stage when I gave them [name]Star[/name] Wars names - think [name]Jinnifer[/name] Barriss (like Qui-Gon Jinn and Barriss Offee) and [name]Benjamin[/name] Kenobi and [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Skye[/name]. Hahaha. I was excruciatingly fond of “[name]Jinnifer[/name]” for the longest time. (My name is [name]Jenny[/name] and I thought that spelling was wildly exotic.) Oh, and my mom was a huge fan of Dr. [name]Quinn[/name], Medicine Woman, and I loved the names [name]Myra[/name] and [name]Michaela[/name].

@teen_berry - ha I was a fan of The Hills and [name]Laguna[/name] [name]Beach[/name] at the time! Got over those pretty quick though. I do still love [name]Persephone[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] :slight_smile: I loved Gracen at the time because I had heard the name [name]Greyson[/name] but never seen it spelt, so I just improvised!

I was convinced I was going to have a boy and a girl and name them [name]Christian[/name] and [name]Carmelina[/name]. They’re both family names and I probably would have used them as middle names if I could have convinced dh.
Other names I liked in middle school school:
[name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Jacen[/name] (like [name]Jacen[/name] Solo.)
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Terrence[/name]

I guess my taste wasn’t too bad. I was a fan of creative spellings though. I had a cabbage patch kid named [name]Kevin[/name] and I decided to change his name to [name]Keaven[/name] so it would look closer to heaven. lol.

Growing up I was obsessed with the popular girls names like [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Natasha[/name], [name]Madison[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], and the like.

The names I liked when I was little where:
Elithea
[name]Alannah[/name]
[name]Lilly[/name]
That is all I can remember, I wasn’t very keen on boys names but I think I liked [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]James[/name].

I became a name nerd very young, but when I was little I LOVED the names [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name].

1 Like

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I have literally been a name nerd as long as I can remember. [name_u]Early[/name_u] favourites I had that I can remember were [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], [name_f]Cherry[/name_f] & [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]

3 Likes

I think my first favorite name was [name_f]Silke[/name_f], after the little Wii Sports character :grin: I also named a baby doll [name_u]Fran[/name_u].

1 Like

I’m proud of myself! I wanted to name my kids [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m]!

I’ve been a namenerd since I was three, but my favorite names back then were Simon, Rose, Jeanette, and Cinderella :grin:

I did that to! my names were a rotation of Zoe, Ashleigh/Ash, Courtney, Bethany, Claire, Charlotte, Jessica, Lydia etc (none of these are in my lists now but at the time they were what i’d insist on being called)

I also went through my first name nerd phase around the age of 8-9 obsessing over the name Evelyn and it became part of what I’d called myself when I played family’s with my school friends.

I kinda went backwards, to most people. :grimacing:
I grew up with an uncommon name (no longer is uncommon, though!) and was ̶s̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶ snobby about it. Now I like pretty much every Nameberry Staple and old lady name out there.

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] has been on my list for a long time. But I remember fancying names like [name_f]Breeze[/name_f], [name_m]Kylo[/name_m], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_u]Journey[/name_u], and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]. I don’t hate any of them, they just aren’t my style anymore. I also liked [name_u]Aden[/name_u] — yes, this spelling — and [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], weirdly. I guess I was eclectic?

Though I still do love Apollo…

When I was in elementary school I loved the name [name_f]Samantha[/name_f].

Mine was [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], I mean I still like it, but I prefer [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Olive[/name_f]

Sveva. I loved this name, and I also liked Viorica, Achille, Clara, (And I still like those three), Charlotte (Do not like this much anymore…), Josephine, Adelaide (And I still like it), and when I was a child, I liked Jennifer for some reason, and I loved Anastasia (still like it,) Jenevieve (Yes, written like that), Victoria, Ludmilla, Diamante, Sara(When I was a child), Maria-Felicita, Marguerite, Jacqueline. And I did not know for the boys but as I said I loved Achille. , and I loved Étienne. And Jean, Hugo and Jules. Oh and I liked Sakura, Kaito and some Japanese names around.
Loved Teresa and Morgana when I was a child. And Edward / Edmund. Had a favourite for Esmeralda which do not like anymore, but I like Esmé.
And Artemisia and Meraviel, Tamara, Natalia, Pascal (I remember I loved this), Soleil, Soleti, Phoebe, Benjamin, Alexandros, Flaminia, and I loooooooved Lavinia!
And I liked Odette too…

I liked [name_f]Malina[/name_f] & [name_u]Nikola[/name_u] (I still do, but I like other names more now haha)