what names do your hubbys/significant others love?

My SO likes french names. [name]Jeanne[/name]-[name]Louise[/name] and [name]Clothilde[/name] ( nn [name]Chloe[/name]) are his faves.

I have the husband who vetoes everything but makes little to no suggestions. I think he seemed to want a junior for a boy when we first got married, but I told him I really wasn’t into that. I told him I’d be more than happy to have it as a mn and he wasn’t interested in that. When we found out our first would be a girl, he joked that we could name her [name]Stephanie[/name] (he’s [name]Stephen[/name]).

Now, he doesn’t seem to mind much (about the whole junior thing), but he certainly has a stronger opinion on boys names than girls. I chose [name]Arabella[/name]. She was one of about 2 or 3 that he did not veto and my favorite of that very short list. With [name]Jude[/name], I made lists like usual and he was much more aggressive about what he did and didn’t like. He’s all for classic, 20th century boys names. [name]Michael[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], [name]James[/name]. I don’t even know why [name]Jude[/name] stood out to him, but he liked [name]Asher[/name] as well. Maybe old biblical is his other chosen style for boys names (which, coincidentally, [name]Michael[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], and [name]James[/name] all fall into…).

After all of that, let’s go with he has no distinct opinion on girls names and recognizable biblical names are his preferred for boys :).

My husband is superstitious about considering names too much before we’re actually pregnant. I get where he’s coming from, but I can’t help myself. He checks out or falls asleep when we talk about it- I think it’s emotional for him. Or he’s just really bored :slight_smile: Here’s what he’s offered so far: “[name]Valentin[/name]? Over my dead body. Why not just send him off to school with a sign on his back that says ‘kick me I’m a mama’s boy’” “I’ve always liked the sound of [name]Elizabeth[/name].” Hm… Ok, nothing wrong with [name]Elizabeth[/name], but it seems a little… random to me. “Also [name]Juniper[/name]. …Or [name]Jupiter[/name].” (!!!) and [name]Alice[/name]. We can agree on [name]Alice[/name]. “So how about [name]Alice[/name] [name]Jupiter[/name]! That’s perfect!” Oh dear. I want him to be involved, but then again… perhaps it’s better to scheme on my own for now.

My husband likes

[name]Roi[/name]/[name]Roy[/name] (I’m not willing to use [name]Roi[/name] and don’t like [name]Roy[/name])
[name]Maxence[/name]
Aristide
[name]Ambroise[/name] (I only like [name]Ambrose[/name])

Ardenne - My husband is a cyclist, the Ardennes is a region where the Ardennes Classics races are held yearly and he thinks this would make a good place name.
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]-[name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] in general
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Asta[/name] (this is the dog in the Thin [name]Man[/name] movies from the 30s but it also means auction in Italian lol)

My husband has his heart set on [name]Imogen[/name]. Nickname Mogs :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny thread!
Hubby likes [name]Jason[/name], [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Seth[/name] and [name]Ryan[/name] for boys (I said no to [name]Jason[/name]).
For girls: [name]Elissa[/name], [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Leonie[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name]… We’ve settled on [name]Eliza[/name] :slight_smile:

He also suggested [name]Gad[/name] from the Bible, but I don’t think he’s serious, thank goodness lol

Girls: [name]Claire[/name], [name]Siobhan[/name], [name]Saoirse[/name], [name]Aoife[/name], [name]Winter[/name], [name]Soleil[/name], [name]Raven[/name], [name]Indigo[/name], [name]Blue[/name], [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Emerald[/name], [name]Briar[/name].
Boys: [name]Owen[/name]/[name]Eoin[/name], [name]Ronan[/name], [name]Oren[/name]/[name]Orin[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name].

For boy names, my husband shot down every single name I initially had in mind. And I vetoed at least a dozen names that he suggested. I remember [name]Ethan[/name] was one of his suggestions. (While I like the name [name]Ethan[/name] a lot now, at the time, [name]Ethan[/name] was starting to rise up the charts and felt new-fangled, trendy, and a bit pretentious to me. (I didn’t recognize it as a Biblical name.) My husband also suggested [name]Daniel[/name] and [name]Timothy[/name]. It is very ironic to me that my husband suggested the names we ended up using for our boys, since I spent my childhood thinking about and planning names for my future children, which he did not do at all. However, all’s well that ends well. I am pleased with my boys’ names.

After struggling to agree on boy names, my husband was immediately agreeable to naming our daughter [name]Rebecca[/name]. His next favorite girls’ name is unquestionably [name]Amy[/name]. I love [name]Amy[/name] too, but we both decided we would use another Biblical name for a fourth child. He is agreeable to using [name]Susanna[/name], but we would have a struggle over the middle name. I want to use a more traditional girl’s name, but he wants to use his mother’s maiden name of [name]Hadley[/name] (which she asked us to use). Given the rise of [name]Hadley[/name] as a girls’ name, I realize that this sort of makes it an ideal choice, yet something inside me balks at the idea. I don’t think we are having more children, so this is unlikely to become an issue.

P.S. Cee and Tintri, your posts gave me quite a laugh!

My husband loves names that go along with his favorite comics, movies, and video games. [name]Every[/name] now and then he’ll indulge me as I go through my name lists and ask him what he thinks of some of the names. We were set on [name]Pepper[/name] ([name]Tony[/name]'s assistant in Iron [name]Man[/name]) for baby #3 but the further into my pregnancy I got the less I liked it and the more I was afraid people would make fun of her. [name]Cora[/name] was always on my name list but when I mentioned it to him he immediately liked it because it’s the name of [name]Olivia[/name] Wilde’s character in Tron Legacy, though not spelled the same. [name]Iris[/name] was the first name he came across when I got pregnant with her and we both liked it; [name]Leia[/name] is her middle name so he has his bit of [name]Star[/name] Wars in there. [name]Max[/name] is named after [name]Maximus[/name] [name]Decimus[/name] in The Gladiator (I just changed the “u” to an “o” because I like it better). Anyway, here’s his current list of names.

Girls: [name]Pepper[/name] (#1, Iron [name]Man[/name])
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Sara[/name] (Final [name]Fantasy[/name])
[name]River[/name]

Boys: Dantes (#1, last name of main charac in [name]Count[/name] of [name]Monte[/name] Cristo)
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Nicodemus[/name] ([name]Secret[/name] of Nimh)
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] (Final [name]Fantasy[/name])

He tends to stick to suggesting boy names but he’s suggested [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] [name]Elyse[/name]. Definitely not my cup of tea. We both agreed on [name]Mireille[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] though! Trying to work on [name]Coralie[/name] now. He thinks a lot of names that I suggest are “odd balls, we need classic names”… as if! :roll:

My hubby always wanted [name]Lauren[/name] (before he was even sure he wanted kids) and got it for our first daughter.

For our second he was pretty fixed on either [name]Sophie[/name] or [name]Georgie[/name], also liked [name]Danielle[/name].
We compromised on [name]Gabrielle[/name].

He likes:

• [name]Eloise[/name]
  • [name]Elena[/name]
  • [name]Marian[/name]
  • [name]Willa[/name]

I know, he’s very picky.

My husband LOVES the name [name]Loki[/name], but I think it’s pretty ridiculous. He also likes [name]Orion[/name] for boys.

We’ve mutually agreed on [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] for girls, and [name]Desmond[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] for boys.

He tends to like names that are less common (he’s a [name]Kevin[/name] and grew up with tons of other [name]Kevin[/name]…and many of our friend’s father’s are named [name]Kevin[/name]), and he likes names that have history. He’s not a HUGE nickname person. He also really likes long names. Usually, I suggest names to him, and he lets me know what he thinks of them :slight_smile:

It depends on the guy. My fiance likes [name]Lilith[/name], Síofra, [name]Starr[/name] and [name]Sky[/name] for girls and [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Brian[/name], [name]Dylan[/name] an [name]Marcus[/name] for boys. Totally different than his original ideas of Claymore and Ninja.