What names have we missed?

Inca! I was surprised not to see this as i know at least two girls with this name and its quite pretty

Paraskevas (M) and Paraskevi (F), Greek names meaning “Friday”

you miss a girl name Ramia

Nikelle (F) variation of [name_f]Nickelle[/name_f] (F), with also being female form of [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]

Hareton, Artan, Adalind and Izarra

Troian (f)

Online it says Solomiya (F) is of Hebrew origin and derives from the word shalom, meaning peace. I also found that it’s been used in Ukraine for some time. [name_m]Just[/name_m] by Googling alone, I found a wiki page for a Ukrainian soprano named Solomiya Krushelnytska, “considered to be one of the brightest opera stars of the first half of the 20th century.” I definitely feel like this name should be added. (solo-mia)

I found the names Sophronius/Sophronios/Sophron (M). “[Sophronius is the] latinized form of the Greek name Σωφ”ονιος (Sophronios), which was derived from Greek σωφ”ων (sophron) “self-controlled, sensible”. Saint Sophronius was a 7th-century patriarch of Jerusalem.”

I saw someone post Esmérée – “(could be written Esmeray) [EHS-mer-ay] (Origin: French/Arthurian legend. Esmerée was the Queen of Wales, and daughter of King Gringas, who had been transformed into a serpent by two sorcerers. According to legend, only a kiss from a brave knight could lift the spell from her. “Excellent Refined”)” – not sure if it’s the same origin, but Esmeray was an Afro-Turk singer (1949-2002)

Stumbled across Seraphinus & Seraphino (M), all it says is that it was used in late Rome and it’s the masculine form of [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. Also there was “Saint Seraphino of Montegranaro (a.k.a. Seraphinus) 1540-1604”.

I also think it’d be cool to add Yeshe (M/F). “Yeshe is a Tibetan term meaning wisdom and is analogous to jnana in Sanskrit. Yeshe may also refer to: Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo, Vajrayana Buddhist sacred scripture that records oral teachings of Padmasambhava in the 9th century.” (yeh-shay)

Then there’s Daichi (M), “from Japanese 大 (dai) meaning “big, great” combined with 地 (chi) meaning “earth, land” or 智 (chi) meaning “wisdom, intellect”.” (Da-ee-chi)

Arius (M) - of Greek origin meaning “Immortal” – Arius was also a “Christian presbyter and ascetic of Berber origin, and priest in Baucalis in Alexandria, Egypt.”

Came across Iridessa which is an invented name created by Disney, it was used for a fairy in Tinkerbell – the televison series and played by Raven-Symoné.

I see that there’s only a female page for Azul, yet I’ve met boys named Azul. – I think this name should be filed under unisex.

And lastly I’m not sure the meaning, but I know a few women from Albania named Enxhi. (N-G / En-ji)

Amnesty for a girl meaning forgiveness

Oooh, yay! I just saw that Cassander was being added and it got me all excited. I’ve loved the name since the Classical Studies class I took when I was 15 introduced me to [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] the Great.

In the spirit of that, I’d suggest that maybe a few other classical names could be added. For example;

• Perses [m] [Perses was the son of the [name_m]Titan[/name_m] Crius and Eurybia. His name is derived from the Ancient Greek word perth” the fact of which may have given the impression that Perses was the [name_m]Titan[/name_m] god of destruction. He was married to [name_f]Asteria[/name_f] and fathered Hecate, the goddess of magic.]
  • Ophion [m] [Ruler of [name_m]Olympus[/name_m] prior to the Age of the Gods, Ophion is an older [name_m]Titan[/name_m] who rules the heavens alongside his wife.]
  • Hyperion [m] [In Greek myth this was the name of a [name_m]Titan[/name_m] who presided over the sun and light.]
  • Coeus [m] [This name derives from the Ancient Greek “Koîos (Κόιος)”, titan of intellect and the axis of heaven around which the constellations revolved.]
  • Cynane [f] [A historical figure who was half-sister to [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] the Great known for her prowess in martial exercises. Also a character a Funeral Games by [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_m]Renault[/name_m]. Pronounced `Keenahnay’.]
  • Audata [f] [The name of an Illyrian princess and later, a Macedonian queen.]
  • Teuta [f] [The name of an Illyrian queen who fiercely fought the Romans when they declared war on herself and her tribe after she pirated some of the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] fleet. Teutana is another form of the name that has been recorded.]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

I’m a writer and try to look for names that are unusual or names that I can make by corrupting real names.

Braith - a Welsh boy name that means ‘multi-coloured’

[name_f]Eleri[/name_f] - a Welsh girl name that means ‘more than full; overflowing’

Siani (pronounced shee-ON-ee) - a Welsh girl name that means ‘god is gracious’

Rhiani (pronounced ree-ON-ee) - a form of the Welsh girl name [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f].

Tanos (pronounced [name_m]TAN[/name_m]-oh-s) is a corruption of of the Greek boy name [name_m]Thanos[/name_m] and means bear and man

Vraini (v-[name_u]RAY[/name_u]-nee) - a girl name that’s a corruption of the french word for oak tree - chene - corrupted to cheney (chay-nee) - corrupted to chainy to Vraini

“Solace: the giving of hope and strength in a time of grief, distress, or suffering.” -Merriam [name_m]Webster[/name_m]

Not sure if anyone else has suggested Solace because I haven’t read a ton of this thread, but I highly suggest adding it. Solace is a unisex word name with a wonderful sound and a beautiful meaning. Popularity wise, although it is uncommon, it has been used historically as a name. One of my favorites!

I have no idea if this has been suggested before, but Skandar for a boy is a gorgeous name! I’ve seen it in a couple of people’s signatures and I think it should definitely be added to the database.

Some info to help expand upon on the name entry Alyona

[name_f]ALYONA[/name_f]
Prounounced: al-ee-own-ah
Alt. spellings include: Aliona, Alleona
Nicknames include: [name_m]Al[/name_m], [name_u]Ali[/name_u]/[name_u]Allie[/name_u]/Alle/[name_f]Ally[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f]

Origin: Russian variant of [name_f]Helena/name_f - is of Greek and Latin origin
Also a variant of [name_f]Alena[/name_f] and [name_f]Alana[/name_f].
Meaning: “Torch”, “[name_m]Light[/name_m]”, or “Beautiful”

Famous name bearers:
[ul]

[/ul]

What about the name Trucy? It’s a french commune (like county here in the US) and was first used as a name in the [name_m]Ace[/name_m] Attorney series. I’m sure there are least a few babies named Trucy, because the original fans (2001 release date) have grown up and are having families.

And Icelyn is a new name I’ve seen around the web, but never met anyone, and it’s not on here. I think it’s really pretty.

Elslie. I assume it’s a form of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or a misspelling of [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_u]Leslie[/name_u]?
It seems to have been used in the 1800s/early 1900s (example 1 & 2) for men and women.

Dusk for a girl

Remedios - as in Remedios Varo - Spanish/Mexican surrealist artist. Female Spanish name, another of the many attributes of the Virgin [name_f]Mary[/name_f].

Reka (f) - a Hungarian friend’s name, means river in several Slavic languages
[name_f]Vanja[/name_f] (uni) - not just female, in fact most often male in my experience

Hyperion, Leto, Ender, Azula

Lantana and Nandina (plants).

Tithonia (also a plant)!