What names have we missed?

Rumena, the feminine form of the Bulgarian and Macedonian name [name_m]Rumen[/name_m]

6 Likes

The new American [name_f]Girl[/name_f] [name_u]Doll[/name_u] of the year is named [name_m]Kavi[/name_m], which Nameberry only has listed for a boy

5 Likes

i would love to see a boy’s entry for lilian! according to btn, in 2006 it reached its peak at #60 in france.

4 Likes

just realized we don’t have an entry for boreas, the name of the north wind in greek mythology, and thought that was an oversight! although they’re less well known, you could also add notus and eurus, the south and east winds respectively ~

5 Likes

I’m surprised Abeline isn’t on here. It’s a variation of [name_u]Abilene[/name_u], and here’s the meaning from google:

Meaning of Abeline: Name Abeline in the Hebrew origin, means Basically [name_u]Abilene[/name_u] is a region of the [name_f]Holy[/name_f] [name_u]Land[/name_u] that is mentioned in the Bible. Hebrew meaning of this name is land of pasture . Name Abeline is of Hebrew origin and is a [name_f]Girl[/name_f] name.

3 Likes

Gaten is a missing one, I think! I’m getting that it’s originally a surname (from minimal research) meaning “watchman.”

3 Likes

Eise, pronounced approximately EYE-suh
It’s a Frisian name meaning sword. It is a rare name in the Netherlands but I’ve encountered a few boys and men with this name. It also had a famous bearer named Eise Eisinga.

7 Likes

Hanneke, a diminutive of [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]

5 Likes

Bauke
Short form of uncertain etymology
#544 on the list of most used boy names in the Netherlands in 2021 and rarely used for girls. It has some use for girls in Belgium as well.

Sources: https://www.svb.nl/nl/kindernamen/namen/jongens-alfabetisch, https://statbel.fgov.be/nl/themas/bevolking/namen-en-voornamen/voornamen-van-meisjes-en-jongens

2 Likes

Since [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] is on the database, what about Alleluia?

10 Likes

Could you add Kitara?

3 Likes

I would love to see Esper added!

It is a unisex name of Germanic origin with a meaning, according to Ancestry, as “most likely a topographic name for someone who lived by or owned an area of pasture derived from Middle High [name_m]German[/name_m] “esban” [or] “espan” [meaning] ‘pasture’.”

5 Likes

Frozen could be a cool wintery word name - seems like something [name_u]Nick[/name_u] [name_m]Cannon[/name_m] might use :joy:

2 Likes

[name_u]An[/name_u] old neighbor of mine just had a baby boy named Kells, which fits the surname-name vibes of names like [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] or [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] while also integrating similar sounds to Kellen/Kellan. It also has religious and geographical connections.

6 Likes

Zarek is a zippy Z name that comes from a short form of [name_m]Belshazzar[/name_m]. It appears to have Biblical roots as the son of [name_m]Nebuchadnezzar[/name_m], and it looks like the meaning is “God protect the king”

3 Likes

Shael, it’s one of my fave boy names of 2023,

1 Like

héloria / éloria

also: hélorie, élorie (rarer)

saw this in a french names forum and kind of fell in love with it. i believe that the english variant is ellory / elory or heloria without the accent. this is a variant of hilary! it has the silent h because again it is french, so it would be eloria.

it can also mean generous from old english, which then makes it not a variant of hilary.

13 Likes

Love this, especially these variants :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Unella — feminine name, meaning “sea urchin”

5 Likes

[name_m]Tinker[/name_m]- For a girl
[name_m]Ebbie[/name_m]- For a girl
Ambi
Thembie/Tembie
Ehvie
Alua
Esmia