What names have we missed?

[name_u]An[/name_u] old neighbor of mine just had a baby boy named Kells, which fits the surname-name vibes of names like [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] or [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] while also integrating similar sounds to Kellen/Kellan. It also has religious and geographical connections.

6 Likes

Zarek is a zippy Z name that comes from a short form of [name_m]Belshazzar[/name_m]. It appears to have Biblical roots as the son of [name_m]Nebuchadnezzar[/name_m], and it looks like the meaning is “God protect the king”

3 Likes

Shael, it’s one of my fave boy names of 2023,

1 Like

héloria / éloria

also: hélorie, élorie (rarer)

saw this in a french names forum and kind of fell in love with it. i believe that the english variant is ellory / elory or heloria without the accent. this is a variant of hilary! it has the silent h because again it is french, so it would be eloria.

it can also mean generous from old english, which then makes it not a variant of hilary.

12 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this, especially these variants :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Unella — feminine name, meaning “sea urchin”

5 Likes

[name_m]Tinker[/name_m]- For a girl
[name_m]Ebbie[/name_m]- For a girl
Ambi
Thembie/Tembie
Ehvie
Alua
Esmia
Aleydis
Latinka
Woodsy
Woodby
Chime
Lijah
Bluejay

2 Likes

The system already has [name_f]Maylee[/name_f], but what about Maely? I know a girl named this, and it’s just an alternate spelling that lends itself to a [name_f]Mae[/name_f] nickname

5 Likes

Ibai, male Basque name meaning ‘river

6 Likes

Confidence (g)

2 Likes

Not a specific name, but I’d love to see more Vietnamese names. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner is Vietnamese and I would like to use at least one Vietnamese name when naming our kids. I was looking on Nameberry for some inspiration. [name_m]Even[/name_m] a popular name like Hoang wasn’t listed.

6 Likes

Better Things features siblings named Push (b) and Sorrow (g)

Ooooo, I’d love to see it on a boy, too :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Cute! With nns [name_u]Conner[/name_u] or [name_u]Denny[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Assiya, alternative spelling of Asiya/Assia

1 Like

I would love to see Wyola - a place name as in Wyola, [name_u]Montana[/name_u] or [name_u]Lake[/name_u] Wyola in Massachusetts. I’ve read that it is [name_m]Crow[/name_m] meaning quiet waters

3 Likes

I’ve also seen the spelling [name_f]Zori[/name_f]!

1 Like

Anthoula - A Greek girl’s name meaning Flowery

Also a variant of [name_f]Anthea[/name_f]

Pronounced Ann-TU-luh (Tu like the number two in English)

3 Likes

was really surprised to discover that luli wasn’t up as a spelling variant of lulie! it’s definitely the default spelling in my mind haha

4 Likes

Gara (g) ! Spunky name with origin in the [name_f]Canary[/name_f] Islands, Spain (where I’m from :heavy_heart_exclamation: )

4 Likes