What new names will be on the US top 100 list 2020?

What new names do you think will be on the top 100 list, 10 years from now?

I have a weird feeling some 50s type names will start coming back soon, like [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Pamela[/name], [name]Julie[/name], etc. Then again maybe it’s still too soon for that.

I also think that names from my generation (I’m 24) will start to fall off the list, or at least drop lower, since people my age who are having children will find it strange to name their daughters names like [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Jessica[/name] and [name]Ashley[/name] when they know so many people their own age with the names. I could be totally wrong though and maybe they’ll hold on!

I live in the UK too so considering the UK and US normally seem to “borrow” name trends from each other, maybe the US list will start to include more double barrelled names ([name]Lily[/name]-[name]May[/name], [name]Ruby[/name]-[name]Grace[/name] etc) and more nicknamey names ([name]Maisy[/name], [name]Evie[/name] etc) - not that I necessarily like these trends but could just maybe see it happening!

What do you think?

I think poster above is right. I would expect to see [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], and [name]Ashley[/name] drop, or should I say continue to drop? I suspect (without checking) they are already going down. The reason given is insightful – if you went to school with half a dozen [name]Laurens[/name], you want something 1. fresher 2. a name with which you don’t have a few negative associations.

I would expect hipster names to climb, despite the fact everyone using a hipster name is horrifed to find out that is how their baby’s name is classified. I expect to find [name]Piper[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Sawyer[/name] on the list.