What’s Comes To Mind When You Hear These Names

1.What comes to mind/ your initial thoughts when you hear these names (not asking for the meanings or character associations!)

1. Which do you like best/ sounds the most chic and timeless

ARIA

LILA

ISLA

1 Like

Aria - both the musical term and a youtubers child who’s named [name_f]Aria[/name_f] (Britneyandbaby)
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - A character I had a few months ago
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - Scottish islands - [name_f]Isle[/name_f] of [name_u]Skye[/name_u], particularly

1 Like

Aria - classical music and angelic voices, i think aria has a very celestial and ethereal sound. To me its a name that I associate with the US as its not very common in the UK or at least not where i’m from but I feel it is more popular in the states. I really like [name_f]Aria[/name_f]!

Lila - When i hear [name_f]Lila[/name_f] I see a little blonde girl, with a southern accent, I love it but maybe more as a nickname for [name_f]Delilah[/name_f].

Isla - [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]!! As @futuremama mentioned! I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] so much but it’s getting quite popular.

1 Like

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] - Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars character
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - The colour lilac because lila is the Spanish word for that
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - The spanish word for island, no island in particular comes to mind though :joy:

Aria - much stronger than the other names. I think of crinkling paper when I say it out loud for some reason. I see a dark haired girl whose athletic and has brothers.

Lila - reminds me of lilac. Real flowery imagery, and I think of wispy blond hair.

Isla - reminds me island living, fairy child / head in the clouds type of person

Aria - Italian for air; a gentle spring breeze blowing as a classical melody plays.

Lila - A woman dressed in a lilac colour dress, dipping her feet in a pond while sighing.

Isla - In the [name_f]English[/name_f] pronunciation, a long field with sheep grazing it. As for the Spanish pronunciation, [name_f]Madonna[/name_f]’s La [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Bonita[/name_f] playing on a tropical island.

Aria - is pink and energetic
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - is lilac and mischevious
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - is blue and free

I know that’s really vague but it’s an almost overpowering imagery from each name!

[name_f]Aria[/name_f]- the [name_f]Vegas[/name_f] hotel
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]- [name_f]Leela[/name_f] the futurama character
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]- [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_m]Fisher[/name_m] (specifically in Scooby Doo)

I think Aria sounds the most chic and timeless.

Synaesthesia gang, this one’s for us! :laughing:

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] - This is ultra feminine, pink or red-coloured, reminds me of the fine arts like Ballet or classical music (obviously it does have that strong association with opera). To me it’s very elegant and timeless, even though it’s having a popularity surge. I see pink ribbons, stage lights, roses, heavenly voices, harmonies, violins. I love the classical arts vibe this name carries. [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is my favourite from your list! I think it fits the “chic and timeless” description best.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - This name is one letter away from being [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] so that’s what I see when I hear this. It feels like soft purple flowers very early in the morning, covered in dew drops. Birds singing, fairies fluttering, morning mist. It’s feminine and has an element of mystery and wisdom. It’s a very cool-feeling name as opposed to warm. (I’m presuming you’re pronouncing this LYE-lah not LEE-lah. The latter has a totally different vibe for me.)

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is a deep, dark, lush green. It feels very warm and rainy and strong. I definitely feel the Celtic vibe with this one. [name_u]Strong[/name_u], steady, and mysterious. I see windswept hills, old stone castles crawling with ivy, messy flowing hair, fields of wildflowers, ancient lullabies. It’s like a Scottish or Irish princess.

With [name_f]Aria[/name_f], the first thing that comes to mind is an aria, like in an opera. I don’t have any associations with [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. And [name_f]Isla[/name_f] calls to mind beautiful, tropical island imagery.

My favorite is [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. It feels the most timeless to me, and I quite like the beachy vibes I get from it.

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] adding the colours I associate with the names :grin:

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] - deep red
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - light purple with a slight pinkish tone
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - a crisp green

Aria- rugged and lyrical

Lila - sweet and lovely

Isla - clear and bright

Aria - I get thoughts of songwriting, listening to music and playing the violin

aria2 aria6

Lila - [name_f]Flower[/name_f] fields and blue skies come to mind

lila3 lila6

Isla - I see a forest with a small, clear stream, fairies dancing and birds fluttering

isla3 isla2

2 Likes

Aria - I think of [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] from Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars, dark purple. On a person I imagine a dark haired, brown eyed girl who is very edgy

Lila - [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Moss[/name_m]’s daughter, the colour lilac, flowers and the song “Hey [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]”. I imagine her to be tall and wispy with blonde hair who is very ethereal.

Isla - the Scottish island of [name_f]Islay[/name_f] (pronounced Eye-la), the colour orange and the actress [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_m]Fisher[/name_m]. I imagine her to be a rosy cheeked girl with curly strawberry blonde hair who is very cute and cheeky.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] is by far my favorite! The others seem trendy and very popular!

[name_f]Aria[/name_f]- Las vegas hotel… Tacky… Dislike
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]- Meh, it’s ok, a c short of [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], so not overly keen
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]- IS. LA. the pronunciation is really sweet but written down i can’t get past the spelling. It also reminds me of Island. Desolate. Lonely.

Apologies for my brutal savageness :laughing:

What are your favorite names?

My favourite are listed on two threads i’ve got going atm!
I love pretty feminine but also classical and timeless names!

I am sure we have very different taste.

I actually think it’s rather impolite to go out of your way to post disdainful comments on people’s name choices and a sad cry for attention.

I did apologise in advance if you were to take my opinion to heart but to be fair, this is a public open forum for people to ask opinions either good or bad, unless the person states in their question that they only want complimentary positive opinions on their proposed name choices. Yes, we do seem to have very different taste but i think one of the good things about this forum is that people can give their HONEST opinion. I am not crying out for any attention but i acknowledge yet again, people are entitled to their opinion.