What should we call her?

See the results of this poll: Can I use Bridie as a nn for Norah Brigid (would mostly be called Norah)

Respondents: 17 (This poll is closed)

• Bridie as a nickname is weird when her name is Norah: 3 (18%)
  • Bridie as a nickname is okay b/c her middle name is Brigid: 14 (82%)

[name]Love[/name] the name!

I don’t think it would be weird at all…go for it!

Thanks, justys!

[name]Tara[/name]

Parents call their kids by names (nicknames, pet names, middle names, etc. ) that have nothing to do with their child’s first name at all! If you like it, go for it!

I think [name]Norah[/name] [name]Brigid[/name], nn [name]Bridie[/name], is great! I bet she’ll love her nickname, [name]Tara[/name], and I don’t see anything wrong with naming her [name]Norah[/name] and calling her [name]Bridie[/name]. (I love the [name]Bridie[/name] nickname! [name]Just[/name] saying it makes me happy.) :slight_smile:

Take care!

Thank you, jill!

I’m glad to hear that [name]Bridie[/name] makes you happy!
I love [name]Bridie[/name] too! I’m just afraid I’ll have a lot of ‘esplainin’ to do…“[name]Bridie[/name]? I thought her name was [name]Norah[/name]!”
I don’t want [name]Brigid[/name] in the first name slot, though.

We’ll find out the gender next month. I’ll let you all know :wink:

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

My daughter is [name]Isla[/name] [name]Hope[/name] and since before she was even born we’ve called her [name]Isla[/name] [name]Bird[/name] and sometimes just Birdy! So I say go for it! What might happen is that you call her [name]Bridie[/name] but the geneal public will call her [name]Norah[/name], [name]Bridie[/name] can just be your little pet name for her. Unless she tells people to call her [name]Bridie[/name]. …anyway, cute name!

Parents call their kids “[name]Bubba[/name]” when their childs name is, I don’t know, let’s say- [name]Thomas[/name]. You should call her whatever you’d like. I think it sounds really cute. Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Norah[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] nn [name]Bridie[/name], so cute! When she gets older, she can have the option of being [name]Norah[/name] or [name]Bridie[/name] at school.

Your baby’s nn can be whatever you want it to be. People go by middle names all of the time. If you’re really concerned, name her [name]Brigid[/name] [name]Norah[/name], and if she really doesn’t like [name]Brigid[/name] or [name]Bridie[/name], she can always go by [name]Norah[/name]. I doubt that would happen as [name]Brigid[/name] and [name]Bridie[/name] are both great names. So is [name]Norah[/name], so you’re all good!