What sounds best?!- HELP!

We are due in [name]July[/name] and don’t know what sex the baby is, we have some names on a short list but cannot agree on which type of name sounds better with our surname.
Our Surname is H…well- [name]Jones[/name].
Should we have 1, 2, 3 or 4 syllable first names is what I am getting here…
I personally like the sound of 3 syllables but wonder if it makes it too much of a mouthful?
Hubby likes short punchy 1 syllable names.
Examples of some of the names we like are:
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Lula[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Orson[/name]

Any thoughts, help suggestions greatly appreciated- we are going round in circles here! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Orson[/name]! I, personally, think they sound great with your surname. And they’re so, so wonderful.

[name]Hi[/name]!

It’s all a matter of balance between the first and middle names. [name]Say[/name] that your surname is [name]Hartwell[/name]-[name]Jones[/name]…

You can use a short, punchy first name like [name]Claire[/name], and pair it with a longer middle name, along the lines of [name]Claire[/name] [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Hartwell[/name]-[name]Jones[/name].

Or, you can use a longer first name, like [name]Cordelia[/name], and get a distinguished name that sounds very much like an author - [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Hartwell[/name]-[name]Jones[/name]. I think I love this! Then, I’d pair this with a shorter middle name, along the lines of [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] [name]Hartwell[/name]-[name]Jones[/name]. See what I mean? Balance is the key!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I agree with what [name]Lemon[/name] had to say. If you choose a longer fn then you need to balance it with a shorter mn, and visa versa. I love [name]Cordelia[/name] btw.

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Hartwell[/name]-[name]Jones[/name] is my favorite.