What to call our 3rd girl...

I did a post similar to this a while ago but still struggling.

We have 2 girls already. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

It was actually completely by accident that the girls ended up with 4 syllable first names and middle names beginning with ‘r’. So we’re not struggling to find something that meets those criteria. We just can’t seem to find many names that really fit and that we love.

So far our list is:
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]

Now she would have been [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] because we love [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. But we’re really unsure about using it because of the other girls names being so close.

Then there’s [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. We love it but aren’t sure about having 2 girls with P letter first names. The good thing about [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is she could have [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] as a middle name.

Then there is [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], she would be called [name_u]Romy[/name_u] most likely. Which we love but just not sure if [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is as pretty a name as the other 2 or that it fits with them. Again she would probably be [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f].

Our sir name is [name_m]Smith[/name_m] so no worries about what goes with it. Also if it makes any difference this will definitely be our last little one. I’m not going to do a [name_m]Henry[/name_m] VIII :smiley:

Thanks all in advance.

Oh and the other girls are nick named [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]/[name_f]Bella[/name_f] and [name_f]Polly[/name_f]

Vote for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. Personally I won’t choose [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] because you already have [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], and [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f].

Maybe [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Anthea[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f]?

I would choose [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is one of my favorite names, it would be too close to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] for me.

I think that any of the three names in your list would work. I agree with not using [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] as a first name though. Some other suggestions:
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] ([name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], [name_u]Lex[/name_u], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], [name_f]Ally[/name_f])
[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f] ([name_f]Ally[/name_f])
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] ([name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], [name_u]Lex[/name_u], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], [name_f]Ally[/name_f])
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] ([name_f]Mia[/name_f], Amme, [name_f]Lia[/name_f])
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] ([name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f])
[name_f]Angelina[/name_f] ([name_u]Angel[/name_u], [name_f]Lina[/name_f], [name_u]Ange[/name_u])
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] ([name_u]Cass[/name_u], [name_f]Cassie[/name_f])
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] ([name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_f]Cece[/name_f])
[name_f]Christiana[/name_f] ([name_u]Chris[/name_u], [name_u]Christy[/name_u])
[name_f]Christina[/name_f] ([name_u]Chris[/name_u], [name_u]Christy[/name_u])
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] ([name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_u]Ange[/name_u], [name_u]Angel[/name_u])
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] ([name_u]Frannie[/name_u], [name_u]Fran[/name_u], Cesca, Cess)
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ([name_f]Gen[/name_f], [name_f]Genny[/name_f], [name_f]Vivi[/name_f])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ([name_u]Jo[/name_u], [name_u]Josie[/name_u])
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] ([name_f]Lili[/name_f], [name_f]Lil[/name_f], [name_f]Ana[/name_f])
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] ([name_f]Lili[/name_f], [name_f]Lil[/name_f])
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] ([name_f]Maddy[/name_f])
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] ([name_f]Sue[/name_f], Sus, [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f])
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f] ([name_f]Cat[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f])
[name_f]Caterina[/name_f]/[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] ([name_f]Kat[/name_f]/[name_f]Cat[/name_f], [name_f]Katie[/name_f])
[name_f]Mirabella[/name_f] ([name_f]Mira[/name_f], [name_u]Bell[/name_u], [name_f]Bella[/name_f])
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] ([name_f]Sera[/name_f], Phina, Phia)
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f] ([name_u]Ronnie[/name_u], [name_m]Ron[/name_m])
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] (Ness, [name_u]Van[/name_u], [name_f]Nessa[/name_f])
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] ([name_u]Bell[/name_u], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_u]Ara[/name_u])
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] ([name_f]Becky[/name_f], [name_m]Bec[/name_m], [name_f]Becca[/name_f])
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

You have three beautiful choices, no wonder it’s tough to choose.

In order, I would use…

1 [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
::: It fits with your sibset beautifully; it strikes that great balance of standing out/fitting in; and [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is such a cute nn
2 [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
::: Sharing an initial P with [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] isn’t enough of a deterrent to cross a great name off your list; I love this as much as [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] but it loses points because of potential nn confusion with [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] ([name_u]Penny[/name_u] & [name_f]Polly[/name_f] aren’t as tidy as [name_f]Polly[/name_f] & [name_u]Romy[/name_u])
3 [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
::: your reservations on using this name make sense and I would not use it unless absolutely no other name will do

Thanks guys. [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is definitely top of the list for now. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wish there were more names up there for us but we’ve used our 2 favourites for the other 2 already haha.

I agree that [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], but you could definitely use it for a middle. I do like [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] very much! [name_u]Romy[/name_u] or [name_f]Milly[/name_f] would be cute nn’s.

Using 2 P names could bring up some issues in the future with [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. If she is old enough, you should speak with her about it.

These names would go nicely with [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]…

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] ([name_f]Mina[/name_f])
[name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f] ([name_u]Lexi[/name_u])
[name_f]Seraphina/name_f
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ([name_f]Lottie[/name_f])
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] ([name_f]Rosie[/name_f])
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] ([name_f]Lucy[/name_f])

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Rayne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]

What about
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] nn [name_u]Romy[/name_u] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f]

I think both [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] are wonderful. In general I prefer [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] works better with [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f].

Some suggestions:

[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]/[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] “[name_u]Romy[/name_u]” (or [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]…which I love)
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] seems a bit unisex compared to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f], but the other names don’t quite work because they are too close. What about using [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] nn [name_f]Milly[/name_f] instead? It seems to fit much better with your sibset. [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] would be a lovely combo.

Some other possibilities:

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f], and

[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]
[name_f]Bettina[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
Cymbelline
[name_f]Elizabetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
Gwenellian
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]

Thanks for the suggestions guys. [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] was actually one of our list names for [name_f]Polly[/name_f] before she was born. Forgot how much we loved that one. Also we did love [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] but went off it after a while. Still a lovely name though.

What would a nick name be for a [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] though?

I’d stick with the R mn so the child won’t feel left out tbh.
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_f]Ciara[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
Elizabeta [name_f]Rayne[/name_f]
[name_f]Serafina[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Jesslyn[/name_f] Raelie
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Reyna[/name_f]

[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Lili[/name_f]
[name_f]Lulu[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]

Actually quite liking maybe Tulah or [name_f]Lulah[/name_f] for [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]. And maybe [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_f]Annie[/name_f] or [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]…

I’d go for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] as well, or [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]. That’s very pretty. And I agree with the others on [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]- too close to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], definitely! You could call her [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] or [name_f]Lulah[/name_f]. That way all of your girls would share a double L theme ([name_f]TaLLulah[/name_f], [name_f]IsabeLLa[/name_f], [name_f]PoLLyanna[/name_f]) but each would be unique in sound. [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f], and [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] would be so cute - and even all of their nicknames would still have two L’s!

Haha I never noticed the 2 l’s thing before. [name_m]Even[/name_m] with [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] and nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f] lol. Hmmm.

I do really like [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] but is it ‘pretty’? Feels kinda not as much to me some how. And could a 30 year old woman be [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]?