What to name my main character?

I’m creating a webcomic set in medieval Germany, and had decided to change the name of my main character. Her original name is Isabel. I want to change this because it doesn’t seem medieval or German enough. Isabel is timid and closed off, anti- social and emotional. Her character growth is about losing her parents and basically entire life in a fire, pushing her to fend for herself and grow as a person while learning to cope with the grief. Do you that Isabel is a good name or would you suggest a different one?
I also have a couple of dragon characters that need fantasy names, but I am utterly stumped as to what to name them. Note that they are the dragon equivalent of king/ queen or princess/ prince.

4 Likes

Your story sounds so great so far! the premise is really appealing. I actually love [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] for this character; I think it is totally realistic. You might try spelling it [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]. In medieval [name_m]Germany[/name_m], you can’t really go wrong with biblical names. [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Judith[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], and [name_f]Talitha[/name_f] are a few a really like but here’s more: [Biblical Girl Names | Nameberry] [Elowen (or [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f]) and [name_f]Isolda[/name_f] aren’t in the bible but are also great choices.] As far as your dragon friends, I would suggest [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] ([name_m]Tino[/name_m]), [name_m]Theobald[/name_m] ([name_u]Theo[/name_u]), [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] or [name_m]Leofwin[/name_m] ([name_m]Leo[/name_m]), [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] ([name_u]Beau[/name_u]), [name_m]Anselm[/name_m], Baldwic, Blacwin, [name_m]Odo[/name_m], [name_m]Osbert[/name_m], or [name_m]Philip[/name_m] for the king, and [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], Celestria, [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f], or [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] for the queen. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped. Best of luck!

1 Like