What vibes do these give off to you?

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_m]Elliott[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (emphasis on the -et)
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Kasimir[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (Loo-see-us)

I’m wondering if the vibe they give off is rather similar or different?!

The names sounds wonderfull,

I see you got a very classy name style and you prefer names with a rich history?
Only [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] doesn’t fit for some reason. I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]… But [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] doesn’t fit but it looks like, you just put a shakespeare name at the end to make if fit with the other baby names?

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] gives off a slightly different vibe in my mind, but it still fits. But [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] gives off a totally different vibe to me personally. I love [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] with the set, though!

What vibes do they give off to you and what would you say feels different about [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]?

I do emphasise the -et in [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], if you don’t, it doesn’t flow as well and might sound weird (unless you also add the surname, then it sounds fine again). [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] has a different vibes than the others? As [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would make it fit in?

Your list gives off an ultra-classy prince & princess feel, but not the common names like [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]George[/name_m], just enough twist to make them different. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] to me seems a little more spunky than the rest, but like I said, it still fits in alright. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] seems to lack the level of class and the same princess feel, and that’s possibly because it has been “stolen” by Disney and seems to be a little cartoonish. I know of quite a few families who have an [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] mixed in with names like [name_u]Mason[/name_u] and [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], so it is definitely trendy in my eyes. If I met an [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], I’d be totally surprised if her siblings were those you listed above, whereas if I met an [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], I’d be shocked if her siblings weren’t as tastefully named as [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. That’s not to say that [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is unusable with the set by any means, it is still a nice name that I actually quite like.

I feel like all these names are very classy, elegant, have a rich history, and sound very royal. They are not typical American names like I’m used to, so I feel these are special and very beautiful. Also timeless. I think they all give off the same vibe, none of them stick out in particular to me. Maybe they could belong to some far off royal family that lives in a castle, but in a good way! I love them all too, if that helps!

I don’t personally know any Auroras, so for me it’s still has a very classic and somewhat grand vibe but I can understand how the more “modern” [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] doesn’t fit in. Thank You for taking the time to explain :slight_smile:

I think all of your names go very nicely together! I really like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]. However I just don’t like the name [name_f]Alice[/name_f] for personal reasons.

I love all these names! They all seem very regal and sophisticated, but for some reason [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] sticks out to me. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], and I know it has history, but to me it sounds more spunky and modern than the others. Maybe that’s just because I know some younger Elliotts.

I love the [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]… But it is stil one name short too match the other combo’s. Otherwise little [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is left out :frowning:
But if it [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] goes well with the last name keep it!

I like your name style and your kids will be very lucky!

Noticing you live in Germany, the way [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] would be pronounced makes me want to remove them straight away. I love the English pronunciations but strongly dislike the [name_m]German[/name_m]. I avoid names with th like the plague.

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] makes me think Oh feel ya but you can get away with this as the local language isn’t English.

From your list I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] are by miles the nicest names.

In terms of vibe [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] are a different class to the other names, far more ethereal and bohemian. [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] to me isn’t as classy as your other choices, but that’s personal taste. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] could happily be a sibset.

Well I would pronounce [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], Ow-ro-ra and A-tour, so the [name_m]German[/name_m] way, which I think is nicer in both cases, though I do love the English pronunciation, too (which I have to because who says I’ll stay here?)
I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] sounds much softer in [name_m]German[/name_m], not as harsh, due to th becoming a t in pronunciation.
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is also much easier to pronounce, I think. In English I have to concentrate on the name when saying it out loud, in [name_m]German[/name_m] I don’t have to think about it.
I do pronounce [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], O-fee-lee-a, so no fee-ya association there. I’d expect other people to pronounce her name right when I introduce her as o-fee-lee-a, but I can understand why the possibility of o-fee-ya might make the name less appealing to you.
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] does feel a bit quikier and modern than [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] but he’s the only one that I’d even pair with [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] and [name_m]Hubert[/name_m] (though neither appeal to me).

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you live in Germany, btw? If you do, how do you pronounce your first daughter’s name. Is the -e silent?

I think it’s just personal taste with the [name_m]German[/name_m] pns of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

We live in [name_m]Berlin[/name_m] so plenty of Nameberryesque naming going on, but I work in Brandenburg where there is a fair share of Kevinismus!

I pronounce [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]'s name with a s rather than a z beginning and a silent e, but the [name_m]German[/name_m] pn is used by plenty of people and most of the time she is called Phina or Phini. This doesn’t bug me too much. One of my main naming criteria is that [name_m]German[/name_m] and English pn don’t vary too wildly and that I like both. The only thing that bugs me is when people spell Phina as Fine because to me that spells fine… Who would call their kid Passt schon?!? [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] is pronounced identically in both languages so no problems there.

Re baby 3, if it’s a girl it will be [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f] or [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] so the variation between the two languages will be minimal. If it’s a boy it will be [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] or [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] and again works nicely in both.

[name_m]Ah[/name_m]. I just wondered since you said you avoid th names like the pest, if it was because you just don’t like the [name_m]German[/name_m] “t” pronunciation or because of a different reason.
[name_f]Elfrida[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] are interesting choices and so are your boys’ (though I’ve never seen [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] with that spelling). Thanks for replying again :slight_smile:

All sound very classy, except for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] which sounds adventurous for some reason. I love that name. Also I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is a cute name

I think the vibes are very similar. They all sound like literary names.