What was your almost name?

What name(s) were you almost named/middle named/what name you’d be if you were the opposite gender? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer these? Are you glad you weren’t named them.

If I was a boy my dad wanted to name me to be named [name_m]Brendan[/name_m], which I’m not super fond of. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom’s list had more names- [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], Joseph/Joey, [name_u]Tate[/name_u], [name_m]Travis[/name_m], [name_u]Jack[/name_u], [name_m]Trent[/name_m] (which rhymes with my cousin’s name-who was already born at the time), [name_m]Troy[/name_m], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_u]Eli[/name_u], Jacob/Jake, [name_m]Gavin[/name_m], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], [name_m]Gil[/name_m], [name_u]Brady[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Dean[/name_u] & [name_u]Jonah[/name_u].

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite on that list is [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

The other girls’ names my mom liked were [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] & [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Katie[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and I wouldn’t hate being named that- I think I’d like it. I don’t think I’d want to be a [name_f]Katie[/name_f] bc I hate when others have the same name as me, so I prefer having a less common name.

And last but not least, here are my almost combos:

Almost Combos

[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] (honor name)
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] (honor name)
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] Hermonie (Not [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], Hermonie. honor name)
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Cate[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Hillary[/name_u]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Hailey[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] Bryne

1 Like

Boy name was going to be Jeffrey! Other girl name ideas included Ashley, Morgan, and Jessica. I think I would’ve been a good Jessica but other than that I prefer the name I got lol. I now have a younger cousin Ashley, though (who wears it very well).

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Alessia[/name_f], I am from [name_f]Italy[/name_f].
[name_f]My[/name_f] mum liked [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] and [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad liked [name_f]Martina[/name_f] and [name_f]Alessia[/name_f]. The only named they liked in common was [name_f]Alessia[/name_f], so they decided easily :joy:

1 Like

My IRL name is Celia, but I could have been Angelica, Olivia, Salome or Dalida (my mom liked the last three, and my dad liked the first). Out of these, I think Celia is my favourite, though I do like Salome’s nicknames like Sal, Sammy and Mae! So maybe I would have slightly preferred being Salome.

If I was a boy, I would have been Nicholas “Nico”, which ended up being my little brother’s name. I think that is the only male name that my parents ever came up with.

2 Likes

Also one thing I forgot to add, so I’ll just comment it b/c it’s not directly related to me. [name_f]My[/name_f] brother was almost named [name_u]Liam[/name_u], which is the name of his best friend and neighbor who was born a few months after him. If my brother was a girl, he was going to be named [name_u]Delaney[/name_u].

1 Like

I was most likely going to be [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]. If I were a boy, [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] “Tony”.

They’re okay. I like [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] but despise the nickname [name_f]Becky[/name_f]. Mom claims the intention would’ve been to call me [name_f]Becca[/name_f] but still, I know I would’ve gotten [name_f]Becky[/name_f] and that just isn’t okay with me. As far as [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] goes, I don’t like it too much these days. It was kind of overdone for Italian-American boys at the time so I would’ve been just another [name_u]Tony[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom just really loved the name and I nearly considered using it as an honor name for her for my son’s middle name but I just don’t like it.

[name_f]My[/name_f] real name suits me and I think it was the best out of the potential options.

Hmm let’s see…

[name_f]My[/name_f] dad wanted to call me [name_m]Etienne[/name_m] (even when he found out I was a girl) because he thought it was a cool girl name :woman_facepalming:t4: [name_f]My[/name_f] mom also said they were considering calling me [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Shea[/name_u] “Elise” and they ALMOST named me [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] “Vivi”. I still torture my mom to this day for not naming be [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] but at least I can use it for my future daughter.

Summary

i love your pfp! gilmore girls is my favorite show

1 Like

If I was a boy I would’ve been named [name_m]Jason[/name_m] - my dad’s name is [name_u]Jay[/name_u] and my mom thought “Jay’s son” was funny (lol).
I wasn’t officially named for three days but here are some they threw out and ultimately did not win out - [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (my dad said this was too hard to yell?), [name_f]Jenna[/name_f], [name_u]Keeley[/name_u], [name_f]Sheila[/name_f] and [name_f]Jovie[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. There’s no real common theme here with the names chosen hahaha.

Summary

Thanks, it’s mine too!

1 Like

I’d have been [name_u]James[/name_u] if I was a boy.

[name_f]My[/name_f] parents actually didn’t find out that I was a girl until birth, so they actually had to have names picked out for a boy and a girl. If I was a boy, I would have been named after my grandfather [name_u]John[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom wanted to call me [name_u]Jack[/name_u] though. I have always liked [name_u]Jack[/name_u], but not [name_u]John[/name_u], so I guess I would have been okay with that!

They had it narrowed down to three girl names one of which I was named. The other two were [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle name was always going to be [name_u]Jean[/name_u] or [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] after my grandmother. Honestly I am glad they named me [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]. It’s definitely less common and I never ran into another one when I was young.

If I had been a boy, I would have been [name_m]Hans[/name_m]. Now with the Frozen association, I would not really prefer it :joy: and I don’t love the name for me.

The other girl name my parents had in mind was [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. I love it!!

[name_f]Amy[/name_f], which ended up being my sisters name. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] for a boy (also a choice for my sister, I don’t think my parents had another boys name)

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom really liked [name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f] (yes, this spelling), and I’m so glad I’m not one. Nothing against the name in general or anyone with it, but it’s incredibly common. I’d much rather have my name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] middle name was going to be [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], and I think I would actually have rather had that than [name_u]Marie[/name_u]. I like [name_u]Marie[/name_u], but as a first name. It’s so overdone as a mn, whereas it’s fresh and chic as a fn.

I was very nearly an [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]- which became my middle name

I kind of wish it was my first so i could go by [name_f]Nell[/name_f] :grin:

[name_u]John[/name_u], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] and [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]- not to mention [name_u]Jack[/name_u] being JFK’s nickname…and oh my god JFK Had a sister named [name_u]Jean[/name_u]. Were your parents big fans of JFK?

1 Like

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] was the only other name considered. For a boy, I would have been [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Robert[/name_u].

[name_f]My[/name_f] mother wanted [name_f]Deirdre[/name_f] for me. If I’d been a boy, I would have been Wadsworth [name_m]Brewster[/name_m]. (Dodged a bullet on that one!) [name_f]My[/name_f] dad wanted [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], which would have been his name if he’d been a girl.

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter would have been [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] had she been a boy, and we never picked out a girl’s name for my son, who is [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Caleb[/name_m].

I was [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] (prn both jen-eh-sis and heh-neh-see) for a while while my mom was pregnant before they ended up with my name, and my mom really wanted my middle to be [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] after my grandma (her middle) but my grandma wouldn’t let her :sweat_smile: (she hates her middle name), my mom also liked [name_u]Shay[/name_u], [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_u]Omari[/name_u] (after her and my dad, [name_f]Aime[/name_f] and Omar) (absolutely love [name_u]Omari[/name_u], I think I could pull it off really well). [name_f]My[/name_f] dad jokingly suggested Maiden as my name and honestly I think it has a super cool sound to it

If I was a boy I would’ve been [name_m]Ean[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], my mom didn’t like how [name_m]Ian[/name_m] could be pronounced eye-an so she did it with an E, and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is a family name. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad really liked [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] but my mom shut that down real quick :sweat_smile: I only have sisters so none of their boy names were used