What was your almost name?

They were not! It’s all such a coincidence, which is crazy to me. Jean/Jeanette and [name_u]John[/name_u] are family names. [name_u]John[/name_u] was never used though because I only have sisters. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom told me that she heard [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] at my older sister’s preschool and she loved it. I’m glad they didn’t end up naming my younger sisters [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], which was possible.

I have a younger brother named [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] and a younger sister [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], so I’m sure if I hadn’t been my name they would’ve picked one of those instead since they’re the obvious runners up. But other than those, my mom has mentioned that she really like [name_f]Paige[/name_f] or [name_u]Rain[/name_u] for a girl, and she really liked [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m] for a boy.

my moms said that the names she was considering for me were Briana / Brianna (i’m not sure which spelling) and Mckenna / Makenna (again, not sure on spelling lol) but she also “considered” Holly for both my siblings and i cause we were all almost christmas babies :))

I’m an almost [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby as well! When’s your birthday?

my birthdays january 4th, but i was really late. my due date was christmas! when’s yours? :))

I originally would’ve been Hartl3y [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], but Hartl3y is my moms maiden name & her mom told her it would offend her if they named me that (not sure why since although she is divorced from her father, she kept Hartl3y as her last name :woman_shrugging:t2:), so then it would’ve been [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] Hartl3y. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] isn’t bad, I guess I wouldn’t have minded, but I’m not a fan of Hartl3y.

There were no other girl names on the table.

if my mother had had her way with my name, i would have been an [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ‘Ella’ Grace—then her cousin named her daughter that, rendering it unusable for me. i’m an [name_f]Anna[/name_f] now (after my father’s grandmother :relaxed:) and while i definitely prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] to [name_f]Anna[/name_f], i prefer [name_f]Anna[/name_f] to [name_f]Ella[/name_f], if that makes sense?
in the end, i’d say i’m definitely happier with my own name.

december 21st! i was also late, my due date was the 13th

oh the 13th is one of my brothers birthday! the other ones the 30th!

My mother liked names like Miriam and Aralise (she’d heard the name being used by a family she briefly knew but guessed on the spelling.)

If my dad had been brave enough, my name likely would have been Zhenya, or Nicodemus if I were a boy. Bentley was another forerunner of his, and my parent’s overall top boy choice; my dad was a car fanatic so of course, it’d be after the car brand.

a bit of a side note: my mother suggested Mercedes as a name, but he shot it down since it’s “too common” of a car name? lol. I really wouldn’t mind being a Mercedes, I think I could pull it off well (especially with the nn Sadie!)

I think I’d quite like to be a Zhenya, or perhaps another Russian/Slavic name. Miriam I wouldn’t mind either since I love the nn Miri.

If I was a boy I would have been [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] or [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum wanted a boys name that was more reflective of her roots hence but wasn’t overly Jewish hence [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad wanted [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] because he’s a proud Celt and [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] is a very Scottish name. I like [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] but not keen on [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m].

[name_f]Crystal[/name_f] was my other girl option because my dad supports [name_f]Crystal[/name_f] [name_u]Palace[/name_u] football club and really wanted to name me after the team. Luckily my mum said that if [name_u]Palace[/name_u] played badly and was relegated I couldn’t be called [name_f]Crystal[/name_f] and hey Ho they did I had a luckily escape I wouldn’t want to be called [name_f]Crystal[/name_f] especially after the team.

my name is [name_u]Lauren[/name_u] [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]
my mum liked [name_f]Renee[/name_f] , [name_f]Delta[/name_f] , [name_u]Halle[/name_u] , [name_f]Mae[/name_f] , [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].
[name_u]Daniel[/name_u] , [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] , [name_m]Leon[/name_m] , [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
my dad liked [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] , [name_f]Megan[/name_f] , [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_u]Daniel[/name_u] , [name_u]George[/name_u] ,

Other combinations they liked

[name_u]Daniel[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] / [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_u]Abbey[/name_u] [name_u]Lauren[/name_u]
[name_f]Delta[/name_f].

Oh my gosh, me too! How funny! Jonathan was also considered.

I was going to be named [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] if I was a boy with [name_u]Scott[/name_u] as my middle name. Other names my parents considered were [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] middle name was almost [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but my dad changed it to [name_f]Katie[/name_f] at the last minute without my mum’s permission. She had the last laugh though, as she told him I’d grow up to hate it, and she wasn’t wrong :joy:

2 Likes

my almost girl’s names were daisy (dad’s choice), mackenzie (mum’s choice) or briony. i like my name (hannah) but i think i would’ve been a good daisy or briony. mackenzie i’m less of a fan of but i do like mack as a nickname!

for boys i would’ve been nathan, which i’m pretty neutral on!

Hmm my dad liked the name [name_f]Ana[/name_f], but my mom thought it was too much of an overused and common Serbian name :joy: other people in our family suggested they name me [name_f]Hana[/name_f], just because my parents went to a place called [name_f]Hana[/name_f], in [name_u]Hawaii[/name_u] on their honeymoon while my mom was pregnant with me lol. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom decided to honor both her and my dads names (my moms name is N@d@, my dads Milij@) by taking the first two letters of my dads name, and the first two letters of her names and making [name_f]Mina[/name_f] together :))) not only did my mom decide on [name_f]Mina[/name_f] because it was Serbian, but because she wanted me to always have a part of them in my name ^^ I think it’s nice now thinking about it; I used to dislike my name when I was younger haha

2 Likes

I was going to be [name_m]Marc[/name_m] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]. [name_m]Marc[/name_m] would be spelled without the k because it would be a combination of my parents initials. I don’t really like the name Marc/Mark. I would guess that I would’ve spent my whole life correcting the spelling lol.

As for girls, my Mom liked [name_f]Ada[/name_f] but wasn’t brave enough to use it and I wish she did. It’s one of my favorites. I think [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] was also on the list, but my Dad vetoed it. I don’t like [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] because it was too popular.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I think that my mom wanted to name me [name_m]Brian[/name_m] if I had been a boy. I’m not a fan.

I was supposed to be named after my recently passed away great grandpa, [name_u]Sol[/name_u]. So, my parents were going to name me [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. But at the last minute they decided that they didn’t really like it & thought it was too complicated to spell. They loved the name [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], & justified honoring [name_u]Sol[/name_u] because they both end in an ‘l’ sound. :grin:

If I was a boy, I would have been [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] which I do like but feels a touch overused in my generation. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum also liked [name_u]James[/name_u] but that was vetoed by my dad as he didn’t like Jim/Jimmy.

Their other choice for a girl was [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], which I think is a little dated but I do prefer it to my name ( I would like to be a [name_u]Jo[/name_u] or an Annie!). I won’t say the name they did choose for privacy reasons but it also starts with a J (I’m sensing a bit of a theme here!) and is a bit more uncommon than their other choices.