What were you almost named?

I think it’s really cool hearing what people would have been named, either as the opposite gender or just runner-up names, and seeing what they were eventually named. I was almost named [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] or [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], and I would have been [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] if I was a boy. I ended up being [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

I would have been [name_m]Jack[/name_m] if I was a boy.

If I were a boy [name_m]Zachary[/name_m].
Other names Mum was considering were [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] and [name_f]Jacinta[/name_f].

I would be [name_f]Amira[/name_f] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] if a boy, as my mom was and is a huge fan of [name_m]Charles[/name_m] Aznavour.

I was almost [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], but my parents didn’t like the potential nn [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], so went with [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. If I’d been a boy, I would have been [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]. My brother [name_u]Neil[/name_u] would have been [name_f]Caitlin[/name_f] if a girl. :slight_smile:

I was almost [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] or [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] for a boy. My mum liked [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] but my dad didn’t. My combo [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] is for her.
My sister is [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] but would’ve been [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] if my mums friend hasn’t stole it two weeks before.

My Mum considered Naming me [name_u]Carmel[/name_u] after one of her favourite Kindergarten Students, who I reminded her of, and, if I were a Boy, I would most probably have been [name_m]Robert[/name_m] after her Brother who died at the age of 2.

I was nearly [name_f]Kayleigh[/name_f], after the song by Marillion. If I had been a boy my name would have been [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m].

My dad threw around naming me after my grandmother and my great-grandmother, [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]. They were gonna call me [name_u]Dru[/name_u] Doo. I’m very happy they went with [name_f]Kaitlin[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. They considered [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], which is my mom’s middle, but they thought [name_f]Kaitlin[/name_f] was a better variant. They didn’t have any boys names picked out, even though they were Team [name_u]Green[/name_u], so I probably would have been a [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] the Third. My dad would have called me the Turd. So, his choices were [name_u]Dru[/name_u] Doo or the Turd. I’m glad my mom had more say than my dad, lol.

I would be either Zeynep or [name_f]Maya[/name_f]. I don’t know if my parents thought boy names because they really wanted a girl lol.

If I was a boy I would have been called [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Riley[/name_u], but I am a girl, so I am [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] [name_u]Rain[/name_u].
My youngest brother’s middle name was almost [name_m]Ronald[/name_m] (after my grandfather), but my mom didn’t like it enough, and no one else in my family had an honor name, so his middle name was [name_u]River[/name_u] instead. (All our middle names start with R)

If I was a girl, [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. If I was a boy [name_m]Timothy[/name_m].

I wanted to honor that in some way. So I went with [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] when I changed my middle name.

[name_f]Maria[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]. Until my mom realized it was the real name of one of her biggest rivals, who went by an unrelated nickname.

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] ended up being my middle name after all, however!

My father liked [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], and my mother liked [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]/[name_f]Madalyn[/name_f]. I’m glad I wasn’t a [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], but [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is okay. Although I love the nn [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] but incredibly dislike [name_f]Madalyn[/name_f]

My parents picked the name [name_u]Sandy[/name_u] to be my name if I were a boy or girl… Due to my older siblings being born blonde… However when I was born, I was born with jet black hair, so I was unnamed for a few days! Thank goodness I wasn’t a boy… I told my mother she would have been the cause of endless bullying with that name!

If I was a boy my mum was going to call me [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Other names she liked were [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

If my brother had been a girl he’d have been [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

When my parents got married, they decided that their first daughter would be named after their mothers (Margaret and Cynthia) and that their first son would be named after their fathers (Charles and Dominic). Dominic was actually my maternal grandfather’s middle name, but since my uncle was a junior, they didn’t want to reuse his first name. However, by the time my mom finally got pregnant with me, I already had two cousins named Charles (one on each side), so they decided to pick a new first name. Mom’s choice was James after my dad; Dad’s choice was Thomas, which was his father’s middle name. I don’t think they ever made a final decision, though, as I turned out to be Margaret Cynthia and they never did have a boy (although Mom refers to the baby she miscarried a few years later as James Dominic). For what it’s worth, I would have preferred Dominic as my first name over either of those choices!

Being my parents first child, they had a few names for me. My first name would have been [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Indianna[/name_f] and my middle name would have been [name_u]Lee[/name_u], than possibly [name_f]Joy[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. I would of been [name_m]Ryder[/name_m] or [name_u]Noah[/name_u] if I were a boy. My sister would have been Bead if she was a boy. My brother’s other names would have been [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] or [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] nn [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and for a girl he would have been [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] or [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]

I was almost [name_f]Katelyn[/name_f] and would’ve been [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] if I was a boy.

I was almost [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and would have been [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] as a boy.