What were you almost named?

I was almost [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] but the popularity rocketed and so I became the less common [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] after a few good namesakes my mother had read about. I love how it’s traditional but not over-used!

My mum wanted to name me [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], and have me be called [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]. My dad wanted to either name me [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] or [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]. I despise the name [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], but I [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] would have been fine. I also like [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], but I don’t think it suits me. Instead, I have two common names, which I used to hate, that are spelled differently. However, I have come around to the name and don’t hate it as much. My mum, however, kind of regrets my first name because my it is my cousin’s middle name and she was unaware of that fact when she named me. Had I been a boy, my name would have been [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m], which I really hate.

I would have been [name_u]Toby[/name_u] if I had of been a boy

I would’ve had the same first name whether I was a girl or boy; however before they chose it, my dad wanted to name me [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Moonbeams because of the song “would you like to swing on a star, carry moonbeams home in a jar”

Soooo I’m pretty glad my mom vetoed that pretty quickly

My grandma [name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] wanted me to become a little [name_f]Louise[/name_f] too. My mum loved [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Judith[/name_f] but my father wanted me to become a [name_f]Gudrun[/name_f] ” (because of my aunt [name_f]Gudrun[/name_f]). I don’t like that aunt and I don’t like my actual name that is very close to [name_f]Gudrun[/name_f]. [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Judith[/name_f] would have been much better…

Would have been [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], if I were a boy… thankfully I was a girl! Haha. Can’t stand [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]… all the ones I knew were odd.

I was nearly [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], and if I had been a boy - [name_u]James[/name_u]. Instead they went with a more mainstream name for the year I was born!

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] or [name_m]Valentin[/name_m] if I was a boy I believe. (?)
Other girl alternatives were [name_f]Lidiya[/name_f], [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] as first instead of middle, and [name_f]Veronika[/name_f].
I wouldn’t have minded any of these.

I would have been named [name_m]Sean[/name_m] if I was a boy and my parents were strongly considering Renee but then they find my name and fell in love with it.

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I would’ve made a good [name_f]Olive[/name_f] but I prefer my name. For a boy, I would’ve been a [name_m]Zekeriah[/name_m] (think that’s how it spelled) aka [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] and just… no. Not my personality at all!

I was very nearly [name_f]Emanuella[/name_f]. My mother is Italian and my dad also loved it but they did say that they were concerned about how Australians would pronounce it.

They liked [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] as boys names.

When I was born I had very dark olive skin and felt that [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] was both appropriate and beautiful

I was almost [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f]. Clearly they had cars on the brain when coming up with my actual name which is super close to [name_u]Lexus[/name_u]. If I had a sister my mom told me she would have wanted to name her [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] so she would have a [name_u]Lexus[/name_u] and a [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f].