What were your kids names...BEFORE birth

Out of boredom and curiosity I thought I’d ask everyone to list up to 5 names they Were going to use for their child before birth and possibly what they ended up settling on (if you’re comfortable sharing that!) x

I’ll start

1. [name_u]Nelly[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ( was set until my nephew mentioned nelly the elephant )
  2. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] (I love [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] so much but hubby changed mind)
    3)[name_f]Mary[/name_f] ( we never decided on a middle name)
  3. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (we realised that no one in the area we live could pronounce it properly)
  4. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] ( we decided it was too disney princessy for an actual child I absolutely adore it though )

We settled on [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] :blush:

Our second’s name was originally [name_f]Moira[/name_f]. Hands down. We had found the perfect name. We were sending things out to be monogrammed. But then we told DH’s sister. And she said, “huh?” Then we tried the name at Starbucks. [name_f]Every[/name_f] barista said, “huh?” Constantly misspelled. We knew with a oft-butchered last name, we couldn’t do that with a first name, too. So, she became [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]. And it’s just perfect.

My name list changed with every single one of my kids. Back in 2008 when I was pregnant with my first, I was between [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] for a girl and [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Mason[/name_u] and [name_m]Asher[/name_m] for a boy.

Then in 2011 we weren’t finding out the gender, and going into labor I was between [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathon[/name_m], but ended up going with something different once she was born. lol.

In 2014, We were settled on a girl name from the beginning but agonized over boy names, so of course baby was a boy. DH was running out of things he liked. I think we were between [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], and [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

In 2016, another boy, we were torn between [name_u]Owen[/name_u] again, [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], and [name_m]William[/name_m].

Now with this new baby due in [name_u]Jan[/name_u] 2019, another boy because mother nature is cruel lol, we don’t even HAVE a list yet - well I do, but husband has been completely void of input aside from the occasional “I don’t like it sorry”. I’ve run out of names that haven’t already been shut down by my husband.