What were your parents going to name you?

My mum wanted to name me [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad vetoed that, he did not want a ‘sexy [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]’. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad wanted to name me [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] or [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]. He likes names from horror movies (he wanted my sister to be [name_f]Charlize[/name_f] and my brother is [name_m]Damian[/name_m]). Hated my name when I was younger it was too popular, but I liked having a different spelling. It was frustrating though because no one spelled it right ([name_f]Madisson[/name_f]). [name_f]My[/name_f] mu ‘regrets’ my name though because my cousin’s middle name is [name_u]Madison[/name_u] and she did not know that. If I was a boy I was going to be [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m].

Christopher [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

Constance is the only one I remember, and with my initials I would have been C.C which is pretty cool

Chloe or [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. I’m glad to be [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] instead.

My mother told me that for a long time she was set on [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Summer[/name_f], but thought [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] was to popular when I was born. So instead she considered [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_m]Talon[/name_m], but settled on [name_u]Holly[/name_u].

If I had been a boy, I would have been [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], which is okay with me to be honest. What I’m really annoyed about is that my dad considered naming me [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], and since my older cousin was already [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], I could’ve gone by [name_f]Margo[/name_f] which would’ve been amazing!

I would have been [name_f]Kate[/name_f], but my last name is short with a “k” sound at the end so it didn’t work. Definitely for the best given how popular that name is for girls in my generation tbh

1 Like

The other name in the running was [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] mom also liked [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]

I was nearly [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], which I love, or [name_f]Esther[/name_f], which I don’t. If I was a boy I’d be [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], which is one of my favourites.

I was very close to being a [name_u]Genesis[/name_u]. I know my mom liked [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_u]Omari[/name_u], and [name_u]Shay[/name_u] for me too. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad jokingly suggested Maiden so I would be Maiden L/N :joy:. If I was a boy I would’ve been [name_m]Ean[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] (pronounced like [name_m]Ian[/name_m] but my mom didn’t like that it could be mispronounced like EYE-EN) and my dad has said something about liking [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. My mom also wanted my middle to be Eulalia (pronounced in Spanish though) because that’s my grandmas middle name but my grandma can’t stand it so it didn’t work.

I was really close to being an [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] (which I don’t like as much), but I was also close to being an [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] (which is my all-time favorite boys’ name). If I was a girl, I would have been [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_u]Meridian[/name_u], or [name_u]Madison[/name_u].

My name is [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] name isn’t really that interesting (although I do like it), Both [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] were within the top 20 for the year I was born. They were battling with [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] for me as well but in the end went with [name_f]Emily[/name_f] as it as a little less popular than [name_u]Ashley[/name_u]. If I was a boy, I would’ve been [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]. I’m not sure of the significance of this, I think it was just two names that my parents liked.

There were so many :joy:

[name_f]Samantha[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] were two of the main ones, followed by [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] and [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f]. If I was a boy, they only had [name_u]Grey[/name_u].

For the most part, I was always going to be [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle names would have been [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] no matter what (they’re honor names). [name_f]My[/name_f] parents did consider [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (instead of having it as a middle name), [name_u]Marie[/name_u], or Molly-Pearl. I really like my name, and I think I would have liked to have been any of these, but other than Molly-Pearl, I think I’d rather be [name_f]Molly[/name_f].

I have honestly considered changing my name to Molly-Pearl, it’s just soooo pretty! But… Molly-Pearl [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] doesn’t flow at all, and having [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] somewhere in my name is important to me, but especially my parents.

2 Likes

[name_u]Simone[/name_u] (I would have liked that!), [name_f]Friederike[/name_f] (not bad, and I only ever met one) or [name_f]Franziska[/name_f] (that would have been bad, I know lots and one of them already gave me hell for “being in her territory”. To think if we had also shared names…)

For a boy, my mother liked [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] but my father didn’t.

3 Likes

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] If i were a boy, and [name_f]Katelyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] up until a few days before I was born. I ended up being named [name_f]Melina[/name_f] after my grandmother, Themelina and they made my middle name [name_f]Kalyn[/name_f], a mix if the former girls names, which means pure waters which is fitting because I was born at home in water. [name_f]My[/name_f] brother is now named [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]

I was going to be [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] if I was a boy. Other names that my mom and dad considered were [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]. I prefer my actual name over this (J@yne), but I think I would have liked [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] pretty well!

I S A B E L L A

[name_m]Even[/name_m] tho it’s popular would have strongly preferred it to my dead name lol

1 Like

Vortex, Hortence, [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] or [name_f]Yara[/name_f] but ended up being called Kate…

They considered [name_f]Norma[/name_f] for me, which i would’ve liked. Also [name_f]Sally[/name_f]. During the pregnancy I was called [name_f]Vivi[/name_f], but I don’t know if they actually considered it. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother told me that if she could decide all by herself, I would’ve been [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. If I was a boy, I think I would’ve been either [name_u]Axel[/name_u], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] or [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]. But I ended up being named [name_f]Klara[/name_f] Grit Helm@.