What world time slot is Nameberry in?

Assuming that nameberry is situated in [name]America[/name], what would be the area (state, region or city) from which the nameberry site time dates itself?

I always wonder if all of [name]America[/name] is asleep when I post or if they are posting what time of day it is where they live.

Please enlighten me.

Over here it is 7.30pm right now, ie 1930 hours.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Rollo[/name]!

The times that appear on my computer (i.e., this thread says it was posted by you at 4:26 AM) suggest that Nameberry is in the Eastern time zone. For instance, New [name]York[/name], or any of [name]East[/name] Coast [name]America[/name]…

(I, myself, am in the Central time zone, an hour behind NB.)

I hope this helps!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Being on Nameberry pretty much since its establishment, I noticed that the time is U.S. Eastern only when Daylight Savings is in effect there. It appears that the time is always UTC-4 hours (speaking in terms of [name]North[/name] American time zones that would be Atlantic time when not on DST there and Eastern time when on DST).

It can be a little confusing because though both of are in the US, [name]Pam[/name] is on Eastern time, [name]Linda[/name] on [name]Pacific[/name].

As an Australian I had to look up the zones to understand your answer, so now I am thinking that the [name]Pacific[/name] zone equals Los [name]Angeles[/name] and Eastern zone equals [name]Florida[/name] and that there is a 3 hour time difference from coast to coast.

So those in L.A. would be 6 hours ahead of [name]Sydney[/name], Australia and those in [name]Washington[/name] would be 9 hours ahead.

[name]Do[/name] most people post during the day or night - American time?

To make it easier for me I will add 7 hours to [name]Sydney[/name] time to get an approximate time in the U.S. that may indicate most nameberries will be online then if I am posting in the a.m. here.

Thanks for helping me work that out.