What would YOU add?

I’m stuck with the names on my list, and I would [name]LOVE[/name] your help! Any feedback and suggestions for other names would be much appreciated, as I’m not really sure where to go from here. I’m renaming myself, and am 19. I’m looking for a sophisticated yet quirky name with roots that will wear well.

[name]Imogen[/name]; nn [name]Ginny[/name]/[name]Io[/name] ([name]Imogen[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], probably, for [name]Io[/name])
[name]Jemima[/name]; [name]Jem[/name]/[name]Em[/name]…too associated with syrup/slur?
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Melusine[/name]

Potential middles; (+[name]Rose[/name])

Loveday
[name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name] Talitha [/name]; for the constellation/“rebirth” connection (via Jesus, Biblically speaking)

My two favorite girl combinations (lightly plucked from the Telegraph) are [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Plum[/name] and [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]. So, once I get the first name figured out, I’m going to attempt to craft a combination that has that same vintage, quirky, and elegant quality. I live in the States, if you couldn’t tell by the ardent Telegraph reference.

But first I need opinions on these potential firsts, and please more suggestions!

I love [name]Ariadne[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]. :smiley:

Suggestions:

• [name]Rosalind[/name]
  • [name]Delphine[/name]
  • [name]Rosamund[/name]
  • [name]Tabitha[/name]
  • [name]Melisande[/name]
  • [name]Penelope[/name]
  • [name]Ophelie[/name]
  • [name]Lucia[/name]
  • [name]Marjorie[/name]
  • [name]Daphne[/name]
  • [name]Annaliese[/name]
  • [name]Helena[/name]
  • [name]Rosemary[/name]
  • [name]Cecily[/name]
  • [name]Linnea[/name]
  • [name]Deirdre[/name]
  • [name]Fiona[/name]

Ooo thanks minorbeatrice! I especially like [name]Daphne[/name] (as a middle), [name]Marjorie[/name] (my grandmother’s name), and [name]Delphine[/name]. I’m aiming for a 3-4 syllable first, though. Thinking of adding [name]Beatrix[/name] to the middle name list, too.

My fav is [name]Ariadne[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name].

[name]Ariadne[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]…interesting, I think I like it.

Any more opinions/suggestions? :slight_smile:

Shameless bump! :slight_smile:

I adore [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! [name]Imogen[/name] is fairly popular in the UK, although I’ve only ever known 3 of varying ages (26 years, 22 years and 7 year old). I think the nn [name]Immy[/name] is sweeter but probably more for a child, so I guess [name]Ginny[/name] is cool.

[name]Jemima[/name] is one of my favourite girls names, my combo is actually [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Maris[/name]. You might like [name]Maris[/name]? [name]Maris[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Maris[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]?

[name]Ariadne[/name] is awesome too! [name]Ariadne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Ariadne[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Ariadne[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? I adore [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and have the combo [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] on my girls list.

I don’t like [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Guinevere[/name], not keen on the sounds.

The suggestion of [name]Daphne[/name] is fabulous, [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name]?

Other ideas…
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Gracia[/name]
[name]Isabeau[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Callista[/name]
[name]Liora[/name]
[name]Lenora[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Sarai[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Roxie[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]

I quite like [name]Freya[/name], [name]Honor[/name], [name]Paloma[/name] (The Elegance of the Hedgehog is such a beautiful novel/film!) and [name]Eugenie[/name] (but because of the princess, not the eugenics connection).