What would you do for this person?

On Swistle, someone writes that she’s expecting a daughter and needs a name that clashes neither with the names of her stepchildren – Airyn [name]Dakotah[/name], [name]Brylee[/name] [name]Brookelyn[/name] (nn [name]Bree[/name]), and Madesyn [name]Tayler[/name] (nn [name]Mads[/name]) – nor with the names of the children she had with a previous partner – [name]Frances[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name], [name]Russell[/name] [name]Stacey[/name] ([name]Russ[/name]), and [name]Marjory[/name] [name]Kate[/name] ([name]Midge[/name]).

http://swistlebabynames.blogspot.com/2009/12/baby-naming-issue-mixing-two-naming.html

Good luck to her.

I think I would advise a name that is traditional to meld with her biological children’s names, but spelled with a “y” somewhere to go with her stepchildren’s names. Something like:

[name]Kathryn[/name] (although [name]Midge[/name]'s middle is [name]Kate[/name])
[name]Katelyn[/name] (not the best spelling, but it would work)
[name]Madelyn[/name]
[name]Olyvia[/name] (again, not the best spelling)
[name]Maya[/name]

I would go for a trendier name, but with the original spelling. She could try, say, an occupational name such as [name]Archer[/name] (I love the nn [name]Archie[/name]) or a name like [name]Caitlin[/name], a valid name but with the trendy -lin suffix. I want to say [name]Gwendolyn[/name] would work, but I think probably not …