What would you name a pet today?

I have a dog (Shih Tzu cross) called Slug that lives with my parents, and then my cats Higgins (Scottish Fold) and [name_m]Hershel[/name_m] (British Shorthair) live with me and my partner.

Here are the names we almost named the kitties, so we might use one of those if we got another boy (probably, I seem to like boy pets)!

[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
Mogul
Radler
Tonkin
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]

The runner-up to Higgins was [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u], and the runner-up to [name_m]Hershel[/name_m] was [name_m]Jago[/name_m]. I’m so glad we chose Higgins and [name_m]Hershel[/name_m] though, they suit their names perfectly!

We probably wouldn’t use [name_m]Jago[/name_m] for a pet name now though as that’s a name we might use if we have a son. :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Snake: [name_u]Eden[/name_u], Balthesar, [name_f]Nefertiti[/name_f] or [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]

I would name a puppy after places I have travelled

Male Dog:Cairo, [name_u]Luxor[/name_u], [name_m]Monty[/name_m] (Montreal) [name_m]Leon[/name_m]
Female dog: [name_u]Paris[/name_u], [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] friend named her dog [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] which is a cool name but would be cooler on a larger breed.

A duck called Quackers. Apparently I’m feeling literal today :sweat_smile::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think that’s really cool naming you’re dog after places you’ve been. [name_f]My[/name_f] dog is named after a place, but I’ve never been there…maybe someday!

1 Like

Hmmm

[name_f]Cat[/name_f] (f) - [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_f]Leah[/name_f] (lay-uh)- I’ve had this prepared for a while. Also liking [name_f]Yardena[/name_f], [name_f]Lilit[/name_f], and [name_u]Avivi[/name_u].

[name_f]Cat[/name_f] (m) - Maybe [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], [name_m]Cecil[/name_m], [name_u]Basil[/name_u], or [name_u]Carmine[/name_u]

Dog (f) - [name_u]Holly[/name_u]? Clarabell? [name_f]Alba[/name_f]?

Dog (m)- Also [name_m]Cecil[/name_m] or [name_u]Basil[/name_u], maybe

For a snake I’d use Isis!!