What would you name children today?

Oooo cool thread! Today, I imagine all daughters. Changes everyday of course.

Either two girls (age gap 3 years):

Evangeline [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]

*Willow and [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] are honor names

Or four girls.

Evangeline [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]

3 Likes

Today I’d like a sister and a brother for my daughter Be@trix H@zel [name_u]June[/name_u]:

Dorothy [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Bea, [name_f]Dot[/name_f] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m]

2 Likes

Today, I’d like two children, an older boy and a younger girl.

Neel [name_m]Gulliver[/name_m] - Gulliver’s Travels was one of my favorite books as a child, and [name_u]Neel[/name_u] means blue in Hindi, which honors my pseudonym.

Chandra [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] grandmother, who I am very close to, used to grow marigolds in her garden when she was a child. I wish I had some sort of meaning for [name_f]Chandra[/name_f] (I could dip into the endless moon-themed nursery rhymes my family told me as a child) but honestly, I like it because it’s a recognizable Hindi name in the US.

4 Likes

I commented on this few weeks ago but now its different :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

In order
[name_u]Cato[/name_u] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] (middle name is an honor name)
[name_f]Mallorie[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Riley[/name_u]
Twin girls [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

2 Likes

I think today I’d have two boys, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m], and one girl, [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] :relaxed:

1 Like

Tesni [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_m]Kester[/name_m] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]

1 Like

Today they would be twin brothers [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_u]Frost[/name_u], little brothers [name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] and [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Grove[/name_u], and little sister [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Ember[/name_u].

[name_m]Cas[/name_m], [name_u]Toby[/name_u], [name_u]Neo[/name_u], [name_u]Dash[/name_u], and [name_m]Fin[/name_m] :slight_smile:

right now I want 7 kids. Probably:

Faith [name_f]Scholastica[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u], [name_m]Cyprian[/name_m] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_u]Beau[/name_u], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] (g), [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]

Faye, [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_u]Rian[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_f]Misty[/name_f], [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f], and [name_u]Penny[/name_u]!

3 Likes

Lucinda [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Libby[/name_f] [name_f]Brianne[/name_f], [name_u]Lark[/name_u] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], [name_m]Luka[/name_m] [name_u]Bran[/name_u] & [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] [name_m]Boyce[/name_m]

Lucy, [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_u]Lark[/name_u] & [name_m]Lew[/name_m]

Theodore [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

2 Likes

If I have 2 girls with hippie names:
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] and [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]
2 girls with uncommon and traditional names:
[name_f]Trudy[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
1 boy and 1 girl with hippie names:
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u] and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
1 boy and 1 girl w/ uncommon and traditional names:
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_f]Trudy[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

Today i would want 4 kids:
The oldest would be a boy and his name would be [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] the second would actually be twin girls called [name_f]Jade[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] and the youngest would be a boy called [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m].

1 Like

Today I would say two, a girl and a boy: [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

2 Likes

Probably [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] or [name_f]Trudy[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

1 Like

I’ve posted on this thread before, What would you name children today? - #15 by shells15, but I’ll give it another go.

Personally, I would love to have 4 kids, with the possibility of adopting another 2 kids (for a total of 6) at some point. I think it would be amazing to have an even split of boys and girls, but I’ll take what I’m blessed with. I do know that I want an even number of kids as I’m 1 of 3 and someone is always left out (usually it’s my 2 brothers OR 1 of my brothers and I doing something, but never the 3 of us).

More than likely I’ll be having 2-4 kids, I’ll just do the first 4 today. I’m debating 1 or 2 middle names, but today we’ll go with 1 middle name. [name_f]My[/name_f] combos will probably change down the road, but that’s the nature of things.

OPTION 1

• Girls: [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Orestina[/name_f], [name_f]Elva[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
  • Boys: [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u]

OPTION 2

• Girls: [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Annika[/name_f], [name_f]Elva[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
  • Boys: [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u] OR [name_u]Jamison[/name_u] [name_u]Micah[/name_u]
1 Like

This has changed quite a bit for me!

[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

4 Likes

@dogs_books made me laugh. I so relate to the flow charting. I would like three also, one girl, one boy and I don’t mind which after that. But the order may impact my name choices. [name_f]Do[/name_f] I feel pressure to use certain names for the first or second. What if I had two boys to start or two girls. Could I be sure I would not have a third boy or girl next, or maybe none at all. The scenarios are completely mappable but … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon80426808 [name_m]Gulliver[/name_m] is awesome and I love that spelling of [name_u]Neel[/name_u] and the meaning. So beautiful.

2 Likes

I’ve said for years I wanted to have three; two girls and one boy, with the boy being the middle child. We’ll see how that actually pans out.

If I had free reign, they would be…

• [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Promise[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Aura[/name_f]’
  • [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] Moonlight ‘[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]’

:heartpulse:

1 Like

Last time I said either 2 girls or 4 girls.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] Willow
Delphine Philippa
Daisy Winifred
Lucy Annabelle

If I were to realistically name today:
I really like the idea of six today- 3 of each!

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]* [name_m]Louis[/name_m]*
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Pip[/name_u]*
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]*
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_f]Sheila[/name_f]* Brene*
[name_f]Tala[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]* [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]*
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Kimana[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]*

*honor names

1 Like