What would you name Gigi and Zayn's baby?

Rumours that its a baby girl.

[name_f]My[/name_f] prediction for a baby girl is something short and wordy. I can see them going the [name_f]Kylie[/name_f] root. Something like [name_u]Story[/name_u] would be cute.

I am thinking they will end up with something multi-cultural, with a lot of Middle Eastern and European roots in the family. Probably also something short or with a short nickname.

[name_f]Aisha[/name_f]
[name_f]Noor[/name_f] ([name_f]Gigi[/name_f]’s middle name is [name_f]Noura[/name_f])
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]

4 Likes

[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Yara[/name_f]
[name_u]Elif[/name_u]
[name_f]Thirza[/name_f]

1 Like

I agree with @stephaniebrooke something that incorporates European and [name_f]Asian[/name_f] cultures.

[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sara[/name_f] (pronounced sar-ra not sair-ra)
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aarna[/name_f]

I’ve heard rumours it will be a girl, but if its a boy then
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
Faaris
[name_m]Esa[/name_m]
Safi

3 Likes

@stephaniebrooke I think you got the right direction! I don’t think it will be a long name, but would [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] be an option? I still feel positive about [name_u]Elif[/name_u]. It feels simular to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f], but is way less popular. It’s the first letter of the arabic alphabet in arabic. [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]’s mom is [name_m]Dutch[/name_m]. In the Netherlands it was place #112 last year!

2 Likes

I definitely think [name_f]Zara[/name_f] is a good bet, I can see them going with something along the lines of that.

1 Like

Nahla, [name_f]Zara[/name_f] or [name_u]Zuri[/name_u] came to mind!

1 Like

I don’t have any particular name ideas, just some musings based on the Hadid/Malik names we currently know…

Both parents go by anglicised versions of their real names ([name_u]Zain[/name_u] and [name_f]Jelena[/name_f]), and [name_m]Zayn[/name_m] has spoken a bit about feeling alienated for his ethnicity in the past… possibly why he chose to change the spelling of his name when he became famous. So i suspect that if they do use an Arabic name (i hope so!) it will be a very easy one for native [name_f]English[/name_f] speakers to spell and pronounce. I don’t really see them using a distinctly [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] name, simply because none of [name_f]Yolanda[/name_f]’s children have one and as far as i know, [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] doesn’t speak [name_m]Dutch[/name_m].

I can also see them choosing a longer name with a short, sweet nickname options like the other Hadid girls- [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] ([name_f]Bella[/name_f]), [name_f]Alana[/name_f] and [name_f]Marielle[/name_f]. I would love if they used an Arabic first name and an Anglo middle name, in a reversal of [name_f]Jelena[/name_f] [name_f]Noura[/name_f] / [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] Khair tradition, too.

3 Likes