What would you name my child? Criteria

I LOVED the idea that Oliviasarah’s post where she gave criteria and had help from the beautiful Berries to find the “Perfect name” ([name_m]Link[/name_m] to post below). I am TTC so have been thinking of name quite alot recently and I am stuck on girls names so thought this would be a great idea to get some possible names and have decided to make a boys one aswell.

The name criteria…

• No “E” first initial as my sons name is [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. No twilight names.
  • As someone pointed out to me once I seem to like “Less popular but established names eg [name_m]Pierre[/name_m] instead of [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] instead of [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]”
  • Also starting to like edgy / “rocker names” like [name_m]Jagger[/name_m], Cobain, [name_m]Ace[/name_m] and [name_m]Rocco[/name_m]…
  • Strong names like [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_m]Dominic[/name_m], [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]…
  • Mythological names like [name_m]Jove[/name_m]
  • Must be intriguing on a person of any age.
  • Names that are not to be within the top 100 stats (Australian stats {I have posted a link to a 2013 top names pdf} if it doesn’t work just use Nameberry’s [name_f]England[/name_f] one) and not too “trendy”. For boys I am not too picky about this.
  • Name meanings aren’t a deal-breaker but names that sound good and have a good meaning, most of the time, go straight to my faourites list.
  • I don’t mind alliteration. Dislike initials spelling words or abbreviations. Last name is G0rd0n
  • The child will be raised on the eastern coast of Australia and will have heritage from [name_m]German[/name_m] and Irish/[name_m]French[/name_m] (Me) & Aboriginal and English/Welsh ([name_f]My[/name_f] partner).

Disclaimer: I’m not pregnant (Yet…). The idea of the post came from Oliviasarah (Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums…-name-my-child)

Thanks in advance!
I’m excited to see what you come up with…

[name_m]Link[/name_m] to a top 50 Aus names http://mccrindle.com.au/ResearchSumm...e-Research.pdf (page 10)

[name_m]Matthias[/name_m] and [name_m]Callister[/name_m] (short form of McCallister) are the first that came to mind when I read your list. Also [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], which I see is already on your list. Some other ideas I had are
Calidore
Wulfric
[name_m]Caedmon[/name_m]
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]
[name_m]Henric[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
Are any of these sort of what you’re looking for?

With those guidelines and the names I’m crushing on right now, I think I would go with… [name_m]Moses[/name_m]!

Hopefully these sound like good options:

Falko
[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Piers[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
Valens
[name_m]Tavish[/name_m]
[name_m]Cadel[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] and
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Oden[/name_m]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_m]Colt[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]

@averelladavina
I liked [name_m]Henric[/name_m] and [name_m]Callister[/name_m]

@sunshine kid
I love [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] (but the partner hates it). I like [name_m]Tavish[/name_m]

@ella17
I kinda like [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]