What would you name my daughter (babybucket)?

If you had full rein and could name my child for me, what would YOU name my only daughter and why?

Brothers names in usercard.

Full combos only, please. One or two middles.

1 Like

Cosima [name_u]Hero[/name_u]

You know how much I love [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] with your boysā€™ names! I think the short, snappy mn [name_u]Hero[/name_u] really complements the elegance of [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]. (Much like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Raz[/name_u] do for H & Aā€™s names.)

3 Likes

Your [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is better than anything I could suggest for you! :slight_smile: Or Iā€™d go for [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u].

2 Likes

With H0rat1o F3lix and [name_f]Ana[/name_f]$ta$1o R@z, Iā€™d consider

Leontine [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_f]Twila[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

Iā€™d try to keep the flair and balance of your boys names!

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ Assuming weā€™re allowed to go off-script (or off-UC), I think [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] would be just the perfect sister for your boys.

Long, extravagant but not outrageous, and with a long and interesting history. I like that sheā€™d have her own initial and that all of their names would share a subtle sound connection with that ā€œioā€ sound. [name_f]Io[/name_f] would actually be a cool nickname too, but [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] gives you plenty of scope for creative nicknaming. Plus, thereā€™s something of that [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] about [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] to meā€¦ :blossom:

If it were me, Iā€™d stick to a single middle, to match your boysā€™ names. [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] or [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] would be lovely. I also think [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] would be a beautiful mix of light and dark :dizzy:

2 Likes

Hi there.

Strictly picking what I like to go w/your boysā€™ names? [name_f]Josefina[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. Taking from your UC, I like [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh gosh. Iā€™m probably not going to be much help because I like too many of these names.

I really like your [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] combo. I think it goes very well with your boysā€™ names.

I like so many of the TAM names too. Maybe something like [name_u]Tempest[/name_u] [name_f]Alcione[/name_f] [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]. [name_u]Tempest[/name_u] feels so fierce and feminine to me and together the name could mean something like ā€œcalming the storm through wisdomā€.
I really like Menodora for you too though. Itā€™s so beautiful.

Hmm other than that maybe [name_f]Proserpina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]? It has the long/short combo that your boysā€™ names have and I like the alliteration.

1 Like

If one of your combos youā€™ve presented before:
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f]

If a combo I put together from your long list:
[name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Celestine[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u]

Celestine is sooooo pretty.
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] Rosemerta [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

Olympias [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], Olympias [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] or Olympias [name_u]Jule[/name_u]

Rosemerta [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Truth[/name_u]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]

Yā€™all are good at names.

@anon68906791, [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is beautiful. I want to use a [name_f]Helen[/name_f] variant but I donā€™t know if we will be able to.
@12queen, [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is very pretty.
@jonquils, Hersilia [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] is so power-packed. Wow.
@elanorelle, [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] is so perfect as is, isnā€™t she? I struggle with the length and the fact that it doesnā€™t really honor anyone except [name_u]Hero[/name_u] for [name_f]Helen[/name_f] sort ofā€¦
@cactusgram, [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is definitely among my very very favorites. I notice that the majority here have picked just one middle, but she makes it so worth the extra name. [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] is so elegant, strong and standalone, pretty but not overly sweet. She is perfect in most respects.

2 Likes

@Greyblue, [name_f]Leontine[/name_f] [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] is great. I havenā€™t considered enough ā€˜eoā€™ names as a substitute for ā€˜io,ā€™ [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is gorgeous (@whatchamacallit, this oneā€™s for you), [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] (shares so many lovely qualities with [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] and [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u]ā€¦ I constantly go back and forth on which I like the best of these three), [name_f]Twila[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (omg how have I never considered this combo before? I will have to run this by SO), [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (very attractive combo. Not sure itā€™s me, but I do love it and it goes great with H and A).
@katinka, [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] is still a top contender, [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is so perfect for the luminous meaning, [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] is SO cool and yes, dark velvet sky but blindingly sparkly.
@MichelleM, [name_f]Josefina[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is so pretty! I donā€™t think Iā€™ve really considered it before
@whatchamacallit, [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], yes, though she is losing favor in my experiment to sit wit her for a weekā€¦ hopefully Iā€™ll like my real daughter for longer than a week. [name_u]Tempest[/name_u] [name_f]Alcione[/name_f] [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]ā€¦ that meaningā€¦ is stunning. I love this. Menodora will be hard to leave on the table. I know she isnā€™t a fan favorite, but goodness I love her so, [name_f]Proserpina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is gorgeous!
@brittanyanitarose, [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f], [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Celestine[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] both excellent. The RoCHe girls give me the most trouble of all because I can never choose between them.
@anon25197097, [name_f]Celestine[/name_f] [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], my husband would love [name_f]Celestine[/name_f] up front. It is one of his favorite names for sure.
@shells15, Olympias [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], Olympias [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], Olympias [name_u]Jule[/name_u]ā€¦ Iā€™m so glad SOMEBODY chose some Olympias names. If the cosmos cooperates it will be inevitable for me, and it really is one of my husbandā€™s very favorites. I donā€™t think I could ever get him to agree to something so short as [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], but this is so my style and apart from length I feel it goes really well with the boys.
@may.rose, [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is so cute (havenā€™t considered it before), [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] is a favorite but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll get to use it, [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Truth[/name_u] is intriguing, [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u] is very pretty.

3 Likes

Another thing I love about middle name [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] for you is that it gives you that spiky, spunky, high-value Scrabble letter to fit with Fel!x and R@z. It would be cool to get a V in there somewhere :blush:

1 Like

I LOVE all you names!!

Here are my three ideas (sorry, I just love these all!)

Rosaline [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Night[/name_u]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]

NOOOO WAIT
ROSALINE VESPER!!! :heart_eyes:

Or even better, [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]!

1 Like

Olympias [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]?

1 Like

Is it sad that this is exactly why I considered Olympias [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]? [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] isnā€™t my favorite name in the world, but I want not just a V, but a Y, too, because then Iā€™d have VXYZ. But as far as the high-value lettersā€¦ this was also a factor in [name_f]Joy[/name_f] (plus the matching meaning to F). I just donā€™t care much for Q, though.

I love Yvonne and Ylva but DH has a cousin Yvonne and isnā€™t a fan of Ylva. If I have twins, best be expecting a V and a Y, separately in their middles.

1 Like

All 5 of these are very pretty. [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] has definitely made an appearance in my double middle combos before. It is pretty awesome.

1 Like

Do you maybe like [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]? Meaning evening star. I have it somewhere on my list and it just came to my mind immediately when reading this.

2 Likes