What would you name our next kids?

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]! And [name_m]Stefan[/name_m] but I dated a [name_m]Stefan[/name_m] for a few years so that gets a big NO from [name_u]Corey[/name_u]. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is great but [name_u]Corey[/name_u] Veto’d it because we are friends with an Artikas & he thinks that’s too close. sigh

[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are beautiful! I think [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] is too difficult as a firstname (I can never think of middles to go with it) but I would absolutely consider it for a middle name. I have read that [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is really popular but I have never met one.

I love hearing what all of you think would go with our names! It opens up so many creative avenues!

Heeheeheehee…that’s what I said the last time I came in here “just thinking.” Surprise…

[name_u]Boo[/name_u]. I think you’ve mentioned problems with Azula before. You’re probably right that [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] would be a worse headache.

Would [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] be just way too mainstream? I didn’t suggest it before because I thought maybe it wasn’t obscure-and-exotic enough, but I it does sound pretty with Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f]. It keeps with the emphasis-on-the-middle-vowel thing you have going on.

I remember you really liked [name_f]Tesla[/name_f] when I used it, and it would be cool with your other girls’ names. On the other hand, the cars are starting to get more attention at the moment, so that might be a strike against.

Some other ideas that you might like:
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] (really nice!)
[name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f] (this one feels as feisty as the other girls’ names)
[name_f]Onora[/name_f] (three syllables, lots of vowels, ends in A, emphasis on middle vowel)
[name_f]Zelia[/name_f] (this one sounds a bit more distinct than [name_f]Zarina[/name_f])
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (better known than the others, but I think it works because of the Z sound at the end)
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f] (foreign/exotic)
Livny (uncommon combination of sounds like Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f], yet is totally different)
[name_f]Havilah[/name_f] (another uncommon sound combo, uncommon consonant, ends in A)
[name_f]Serafina[/name_f] (the F looks cooler than the PH spelling next to the other names)
Quenilda (just going to throw this one out here because I love it, couldn’t get my man on board with it, and I think that Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f] could easily stand up against this one!)
[name_f]Quintessa[/name_f] (less out-there than Quenilda, but some people think it sounds like “countess”)
[name_f]Quinta[/name_f] (simpler Q name)

Some more middle name ideas I forgot: [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f]

Technically, [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] isn’t a nature name, it’s just thought of as a nature name because it’s obscure and people know about the bird. [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is a name it its own right, and the bird was named [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] because of its meaning (pilgrim). It’s the “pilgrim” falcon – or looking at it another way, it would be the same as a [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] falcon or a [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] falcon, if there were such things. So technically, you wouldn’t be breaking the pattern if you used [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] as a first, though practically speaking, it would probably come across that way. Anyway, [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is fantastic and it would be an awesome name alongside your girls and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]. Come to think of it, [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is another name that can come across as a nature name (maps).

Too bad about the C names. There are SO MANY C names I love for boys. Are you not concerned about siblings having the same initial, since you have [name_m]Alas[/name_m] on the list along with Azula?

More boy name ideas:
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]/[name_m]Zander[/name_m] (way cooler than Ender)
[name_m]Everard[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
Eldrian (all E names that I think are more interesting than Ender)
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m] (this one has your name all over it!)
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] (still too close to Artikas?)
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]/[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] (put a B at the beginning of it?)
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] (this one seems like it belongs in your set, too)
Rhindon (just thought you might it)
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] (the Z! the sounds!)
[name_m]Quillan[/name_m] (if you don’t actually like Q’s I have a lot of strikeouts here)
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m] (another one that seems like it would “go” with Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f])
Drinian (I love to say this one. It’s so fun. It’s as much fun as Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f])

Middles: [name_u]Everest[/name_u], [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u], [name_u]Linden[/name_u], [name_u]Oak[/name_u], [name_m]Hart[/name_m]

[name_m]How[/name_m] is your list coming? Any winners?

Haha I just took a pregnancy test [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], cause you freaked me out! We are embryo (or zygote or whatever) free up in here. PHEW.

I actually really like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Zelia[/name_f] is too similar to Azula, even more so than [name_f]Zarina[/name_f]. [name_u]Corey[/name_u] would be ecstatic if I suggested Tesla - he loves those cars! & he loves [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] but I’m not 100% sure if I really like it. I find it, I don’t know, a little pretentious maybe? And I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] nn Weezy but unfortunately I have a family member with that name. Not sue I’m sold on your other girl fn suggestions today, some of them I like but not enough to actually use, you know? I like all your mn suggestions!

As for the boys, I am still loving [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] - I feel like it walks the right balance of [name_u]Corey[/name_u]'s tastes and mine - and I’m not worried about siblings having the same initial as long as the names sound different enough. I am liking [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] more every time I think about it. I agree [name_m]Zander[/name_m] sounds better than Ender but my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] is pregnant & using [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] for her little boy in [name_f]September[/name_f]. Too bad cause I think I asked [name_u]Corey[/name_u] about that one before & he seemed OK with it. I believe he said “Like [name_m]Zander[/name_m] in [name_f]Buffy[/name_f]? OK”. [name_m]Ozias[/name_m] is [name_m]RAD[/name_m], dude. I am adding it to the list for sure, and I know [name_u]Corey[/name_u] will like Drinian but I find it a little too fantasy. We have a friend who named her son [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and I like it in theory but out loud I find it awkward to use. I think I’d feel the same about some of your other suggestions like [name_m]Everard[/name_m] & [name_m]Quillan[/name_m]. I totally dig [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] nn [name_m]Renzo[/name_m]. [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] is cool but I don’t like the associations I have with it - [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] Mortensen & the villain painting in Ghostbusters. Haha.

I’ll have to post a link to my full list now after some pruning & all these new additions.

ETA: I just read about how Snooki named her son Lorenzo… so that’s out! Hahahahahaha

[name_f]Theia[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]

I love your two daughters’ names! Maybe some of these will hit the mark?

[name_u]Merritt[/name_u]
[name_u]Royce[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] “[name_m]Jas[/name_m]”
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_m]Cato[/name_m]
[name_u]Wylie[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] “[name_m]Ike[/name_m]”
[name_m]Tiberius[/name_m] “[name_m]Ty[/name_m]”
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] “[name_m]Iggy[/name_m]”
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] “[name_u]Dash[/name_u]”
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Pryor[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] “Sass, Sassy”
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] “[name_u]Bliss[/name_u]”
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] “[name_f]Elle[/name_f]”
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] “Fliss, Liss”
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u]”
[name_f]Samira[/name_f] (too close to [name_f]Indira[/name_f]?)

I’ve always loved your girls’ names!
Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Indira[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f] and…

Ladies:
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Tulip[/name_f] (this is my personal favourite for you!) (Zu, [name_f]Indy[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]

Gentlemen:
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]

Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] & [name_f]Indira[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f]

[name_f]Arcadia[/name_f] [name_f]Jonquil[/name_f] ([name_f]Arcadia[/name_f] “region offering peace and contentment”)
Nikai [name_f]Topaz[/name_f]
[name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_m]Navarro[/name_m] [name_f]Jewell[/name_f]

and

Archimedes [name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]
Galahad [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_m]Galileo[/name_m] [name_u]Steele[/name_u]

[name_f]Lenore[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Elona[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Naia[/name_f] [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f]

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_u]Mercury[/name_u]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Leaf[/name_u]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] Harbour
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] Syvlester
[name_m]Drake[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]

Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] & [name_f]Indira[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f]

Hmm…you’ve got earth and sea in the middle, so obviously needs air and fire in the middle…

Girls:
[name_f]Tesla[/name_f] [name_f]Starling[/name_f]
[name_f]Finola[/name_f] [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] Mist
[name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Falcon[/name_u]
[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Other girl first name suggestions: [name_f]Ekko[/name_f], Elanu, [name_f]Elani[/name_f], [name_f]Geela[/name_f], [name_f]Sanna[/name_f], [name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Yolanthe[/name_f], Evany, [name_f]Earldena[/name_f], [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] (is-oldh), [name_f]Iseult[/name_f] (ee-sohlt), [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Elektra[/name_f], [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], [name_f]Undine[/name_f], [name_f]Yacinta[/name_f], [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_u]Blaze[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] Sparks
[name_m]Altair[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_f]Sirocco[/name_f]

Other boy suggestions: [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m], Orcas, [name_f]Vermilion[/name_f], [name_m]Ogden[/name_m], [name_m]Odin[/name_m], [name_m]Eldan[/name_m], Elrood, Endar, [name_m]Pollux[/name_m], Israfel, [name_m]Aries[/name_m], [name_m]Argus[/name_m], [name_m]Adonis[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_m]Morpheus[/name_m], [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m]

btw, I know a girl named [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] so to me it can be male or female

So many cool names!

In response to the “[name_m]How[/name_m] are your lists looking” question, I’ve updated my girls’ list [b]here[/b] & my boys’ list is [b]here[/b].

@ silverr - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] but we are already honoring my mother with [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] & I wouldn’t want to spoil her! Haha!
@ mckaylalove - [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is a great suggestion & totally would work (It could even honor my brother [name_m]Jason[/name_m]) but I’m not sure I like the sound of it. [name_m]Heath[/name_m] is on my list & I am really liking Ignatious “[name_m]Iggy[/name_m]”.
@ jem - [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Tulip[/name_f] is seriously adorable.
@ pamjsg99 - [name_u]Corey[/name_u] loves [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f]! I don’t mind it except for these reasons: 1) starts-with-a-ends-with-a just like Azula, 2) [name_u]Corey[/name_u] only likes it because he likes the video game Skies of [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f] (holler for nerdy husbands!) & 3) The only obvious nickname to me is [name_u]Cade[/name_u]/[name_f]Cady[/name_f]/[name_f]Cadi[/name_f] which wouldn’t really work for us cause I am a [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/[name_f]Katie[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] & [name_u]Steele[/name_u] as mn suggestions & [name_m]Navarro[/name_m] is really interesting! I’ll have to figure out how I feel about that one, thanks for playing my game :slight_smile:
@ sorceress - I have never seen [name_f]Elona[/name_f] before, I quite like the variant but I think I would lean toward [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] if I were to pick between the two of them. [name_u]MERCURY[/name_u]? I love it. [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] IT. And I just added [name_u]Leaf[/name_u] to my list too!
@privacyplease - If it weren’t for the car association I would use [name_f]Tesla[/name_f] in a heartbeat! I’m interested in [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m] - betcha [name_u]Corey[/name_u] will like that one! I like your instinct to go with the 4 elements - I hadn’t even thought of that (duh-doy!), so thanks!

Anybody else wanna play?

I really like privacyplease’s suggestion of using air and fire for the next two middles, especially since you don’t want to match the middle names too closely.

With that in mind, here are some of my suggestions:

Girls:
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] [name_u]Nuri[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Lainie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Ciel[/name_f]
[name_u]Mirren[/name_u] [name_f]Phaedra[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Kiran[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_u]Rohan[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_m]Tiarnach[/name_m] [name_u]Zahir[/name_u] ([name_u]Zahir[/name_u] means “shining”)
[name_m]Riordan[/name_m] [name_u]Neel[/name_u] (pronounced REAR-den)

AHAHA! Wow, I did make you paranoid.

Okay, I was pronouncing [name_f]Zelia[/name_f] as zell-ee-ah, and you could pull [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a nn from it. But it could be [name_f]Zee[/name_f]-lee-ah too, and that is way close to Azula. [name_f]Zarina[/name_f] has the Z plus the IN so that’s why it seems so close to both the girls’ names. Anyway, [name_f]Zelia[/name_f]'s not my best idea, so throw it in the recycle bin with the other “miss” shots, ha!

Weezy would totally fit your set, it’s too bad that one is taken. I thought [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] might be a bit too much for you but hey, you never know. I’ll go check out what’s on your list at the moment and maybe that will put me on a better track for ideas.

Oops, I totally forgot about Snooki’s [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]. I’ve had a crush on that name for like 20 years! Also, yes a lot of people aren’t into [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] because of the pop culture associations so no surprise there. SCORE for [name_m]Ozias[/name_m] though, I thought you would like that one!

The Four Elements is a cool connecting theme idea. Incidentally, [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] means “fire/fiery” and [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] is a legit variant, if you want to go all [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] with the nickname. :wink:

Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] & [name_f]Indira[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f] plus…
[name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_f]Saga[/name_f] [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] :slight_smile: I think they just fit in :slight_smile:

For girls:

[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] nn [name_u]Ren[/name_u]?
[name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Nova[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gaia[/name_f]?

For boys:

[name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_u]Urban[/name_u] [name_u]Mercury[/name_u]

Some other names you may like?

Delena
Dreama
[name_f]Easter[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kateri[/name_f]
[name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]

[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Mercury[/name_u]
[name_m]Mordecai[/name_m]

@ saracita - YES! I love the princess bride!!! Uh oh, now I’m totally considering Fezzik…
@marissamichelle - Yeah I like the 4 elements idea too, definitely something to consider! I don’t mind [name_u]Ember[/name_u].
@ senseansensibility - I like [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] but I think I’ll try to find a nature name that’s not an herb. Also I love the name [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] but I always think of the birth control brand these days when I hear it. I really like [name_f]Junia[/name_f] & [name_u]Mercury[/name_u] - thanks!

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Crane[/name_m] sounds wonderful.
Or [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]/[name_f]Kezia[/name_f]/ [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] as middle/ nature names? What about [name_f]Bryony[/name_f]?

Fun question :).

Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Indira[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f] {and}

[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Zafira[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Zarina[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] {or} [name_f]Zelina[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Indira[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f] {and}

[name_u]Oberon[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m] [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_m]Ozias[/name_m] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]