What would YOU name our third child?

We have [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name], but baby #3 is hopefully on the way and so far without a name. Out of pure curiosity and boredom (and exhaustion, we just got home from a road trip with two cranky kiddos), what would you name our future newest addition?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, as we are pretty stumped. Something that “goes” well with [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] is definitely a plus, but we’re open to anything as long as it’s not too out there - and as long as it doesn’t clash with our last name, which rhymes with “senate” :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve listed some names that we’re considering, but feel free to deviate from that list as much as you want. First and middle name combos would be amazing.

Thanks for reading and humoring me!

[name]Adam[/name]

[name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] are gorgeous, [name]Adam[/name] (your name top)! Congrats on (maybe!) adding a new one, so exciting!!!

From your signature I’d go with stunning [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

Other suggestion:

[name]Ezra[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] or [name]Ilan[/name] [name]Zachary[/name]

[name]Liora[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Nessa[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]

I’d go with [name]Vivian[/name] or [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] or [name]Lucas[/name]. Good luck!

With [name]Noah[/name] [name]Bryan[/name], 8
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], 4 -This is a fun challenge, and your naming taste is well-defined :slight_smile:

Thoughts- I don’t usually like matchy sibsets but the pronounced o- sound really jumped out at me here. It might be a great starting point. Also you have used top 20ish names on both your children so your taste is mainstream. I would suggest reaching into the 200-300 range. There are many names there that still have the recognizability and classic sound, but would keep your sibset from being too generational.

[name]Noah[/name] [name]Bryan[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], and

The O- thing- (PS [name]Fiona[/name] pulls at me here :slight_smile: )…
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Corbin[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Milo[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Cora[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Laura[/name]

What I’m talking about in the SSA range-
[name]Roman[/name] [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Miles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Grant[/name] [name]Aiden[/name] , [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Preston[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Julia[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lily[/name], [name]Camille[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]

I like to amp things up and be unpredictale while still fitting-
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and
[name]Ramsey[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Gannon[/name] [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Anya[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Caterina[/name] [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Hope[/name]

Possible Girls Names:
[name]Amelia[/name]- fitting but don’t like ending with [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Ava[/name]- this is what I’m talking about with predictability, [name]Catherine[/name]- would make a great mn in your sibset, [name]Fiona[/name]- Perfect~, [name]Julia[/name]- lovely, [name]Laura[/name]- interesting, unpredictable, leave on the list, [name]Lily[/name]- see [name]Ava[/name] , [name]Lydia[/name]- yes!, [name]Vivian[/name]- the hot go-to name right now…raise the bar!
Possible Boys Names:
[name]Aidan[/name]- Too predictable, [name]Alexander[/name]- leave it on, esp in mn position, [name]Andrew[/name]- mn, [name]Jonathan[/name]- hmmm, [name]Jude[/name]- Not bad…, [name]Lucas[/name]- See [name]Ava[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] maybe, [name]Zachary[/name]- good mn

Girl combos from your list-[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Laura[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
Boys- [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
Fun! [name]Ginger[/name]

Hey from your names I love [name]Amelia[/name] or [name]Zachary[/name]. Other suggestions: [name]Phoebe[/name] or [name]Heidi[/name]. [name]Hugo[/name] or [name]Gabriel[/name].

Thanks guys! Interesting that [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] was brought up twice…my husband and I were talking about that combo today in the car, and [name]Noah[/name] said it sounded “cool” haha. We (tentatively) love it. But I think what’s scaring me off is the [name]Jude[/name] [name]Law[/name] connection. I definitely had a huge crush on him years ago. Also, [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] would have the initials JAB. Not sure how I feel about that.

Trying to sell my husband on [name]Ezra[/name]…don’t think it’ll work but I really like it. I like [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] as well.

Ugh, I love [name]Phoebe[/name] too…but some of [name]Sophia[/name]'s nicknames are a little too similar-sounding.

With [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], I like…

[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]

lilah catherine and ethan alexander

Dude, [name]Jude[/name] [name]Law[/name] is amazing. Seriously. Hot, sweet, funny, dashingly handsome. Have you read [name]Jude[/name] the Obscure by [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Hardy[/name]? Or seen the movie [name]Jude[/name] (with hottie [name]Christopher[/name] Eccleston)? Might be worth a try, [name]Jude[/name] is an amazing name.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I really appreciate the name [name]Jude[/name]. [name]Haven[/name]'t read that book but always meant to after reading [name]Tess[/name].

I also like [name]Ethan[/name] a lot…too popular, though? I like its meaning though.

[name]Ethan[/name] would be a predicable choice, but it does sound good with your sib set. [name]Ethan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is nice, but I prefer [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] for you!

For a girl, I’m loving notcinnamon’s suggestion of [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], especially with the subtle “o” tie in with your current kids’ names. I would also suggest [name]Margot[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Cora[/name] [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Lily[/name], or [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Catherine[/name].

[name]Noah[/name] [name]Bryan[/name], 8
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], 4

Hmmm! [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Adele[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. Or [name]William[/name] [name]Scott[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Jake[/name].

We keep coming back to [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]…but I think it may be too close to my goddaughter’s name ([name]Olivia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]).

[name]William[/name] is one of my favorite names, but it’s also my husband’s name. :slight_smile: I like [name]Henry[/name] too, but it’s sort of rhymey with our last name.

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is very pretty. I like [name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] & [name]Fiona[/name] together.

My favourites from your boys list are [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name] & [name]Zachary[/name]
That said, your first two children’s names end in the “ah” sound. [name]Do[/name] you want that for #3?
If so, what about:
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Judah[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]

for a girl:
I like your choices of [name]Julia[/name], [name]Laura[/name] & [name]Amelia[/name]
or what about [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]

Personally, I wouldn’t choose another name that ends in ‘a’. Other ideas:
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] & [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] & [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (it has the ‘o’, has a GREAT meaning, and is in the 400s for popularity but combined with the very popular [name]Alexander[/name])
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] & [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Jude[/name] (it has the ‘o’, also has a GREAT meaning and is in the 200 range for popularity)
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] & [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Laura[/name] or [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] (a flower name that is a little less popular than [name]Lily[/name]… I know lots of Lilys :slight_smile: )
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] & [name]James[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (so classy!)
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] & [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] or [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] or [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Julia[/name] (actually, I like [name]Julia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] better)

Have your older children made any other suggestions?
Enjoy the name hunt!

I agree with the pp post and wouldn’t go with another “ah” ending, personally…

Someone above also mentioned [name]Asher[/name], I love that one with [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]. All soft sounding, beautiful names. With [name]Adam[/name] and [name]William[/name] added in there :wink: that is a family with great names :slight_smile:

[name]Jude[/name] would also be an awesome choice! [name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] (Very cool)! Good luck!

Oh, I like [name]Asher[/name] a lot. I’ll mention it. I love [name]Theodore[/name]. Well, mostly I love the nickname [name]Theo[/name] (probably because I was in love with [name]Theo[/name] on the Cosby Show, hah). I’ve been trying to get [name]Billy[/name] on board with [name]Theo[/name] for the longest time. Does it work on its own? Probably not…

[name]Soph[/name] wants a little brother or sister named “[name]Pink[/name]” and seems unwilling to compromise. Hahah. [name]Noah[/name] is a little more helpful. He really likes the name [name]Harry[/name] and keeps suggesting it. Though we’ve introduced him to [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], I think his interest in the name is actually because he idolizes [name]Harry[/name] from that British boyband [name]One[/name] Direction (oops…) So I think it’s off-limits. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for all the help so far!!

[name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]

Well some people may/will disagree with me :wink: but my son’s name is [name]Theo[/name] (as a stand-alone name) and I think it works just fine. [name]Love[/name] his name actually, get lots of compliments and the name seems to conjure up a variety of images/personalities.

That being said, I still think [name]Asher[/name] is an excellent fit for you.

[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Freja[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]August[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Flynn[/name]

Ugh, definitely getting me really excited about [name]Theo[/name]. My better half is asleep already otherwise I’d discuss it with him…

[name]Theo[/name] [name]Jude[/name]? [name]Jude[/name] sounds way better with our last name than [name]Theo[/name] does, though.

What’s your [name]Theo[/name]'s middle name, if I may ask?