What Would You Name the Third Baby?

[name]Hi[/name] Nameberries, I have a challenge for you. A friend at work just found out she’s having triplets (3 girls). Since she loves [name]Hawaii[/name] (she honeymooned there) and Bible names, I suggested [name]Leilani[/name] (lay-LAH-nee) and [name]Mahala[/name] (mah-HAY-lah) and she loved them. Her surname is [name]Isaac[/name]. Now, I’ve been racking my brains and going through my baby name books until I’m cross-eyed and I haven’t come up with a third name that I love as much as these two gems. So, here is the criteria! Thanks for helping out!

1. The name has to be three syllables (we can’t have the third girl feeling like she’s the odd one out)
  2. The name can’t begin with L, M or I
  3. The name can’t end in the same sounds (ee or ah)
  4. The name can be from another culture just as long as it looks and sounds great with the two others
  5. The name has to have an “exotic” vibe to it

For other Hawaiian names, some suggestions (it’s difficult because most Hawaiian names I know end in i or a, I picked some K names to go with the L in [name]Leilani[/name], and the M in the [name]Mahala[/name]):

[name]Kiana[/name]
[name]Kalena[/name]
[name]Kalea[/name]
Kaimana
Kekepania
Kehau
Kanoa

Names from Other Cultures:

Anahera
[name]Kiri[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]

What about Kamalei (ka-mal-ay) ? Or something African, maybe?

It does end in the ee sound, but Calisi (ca-lee-see) might work. P/s I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Leilani[/name], I knew a girl growing up with the name, so beautiful!

[name]Kamilah[/name]
Karimah
Mikaeli
[name]Melia[/name]
Basimah
[name]Genesis[/name]
Arwenna
[name]Desirae[/name]
[name]Arielle[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
Lahaina
Hualalai

Wow that is tricky to find something exotic and similar to [name]Leilani[/name] & [name]Mahala[/name] that doesn’t end in i or ia/ah.

I think of [name]Talullah[/name] & [name]Dahlia[/name], or maybe [name]Keziah[/name], [name]Paccia[/name], [name]Kacia[/name], but obviously they repeat the -ah ending. The hawaiian alphabet only has a few consonants K, L, M, N, P, & W I think. So sticking with those might help keep the feel. Are you completely sure repeating the -a ending is out? Personally I don’t think it would be necessary, but that’s just me.

Perhaps [name]Amaryllis[/name]? Or [name]Hyacinth[/name]?

[name]How[/name] about:

Leilani, Mahala & Alaneo
Leilani, Mahala & Hiapo
Leilani, Mahala & Kanunu
Leilani, Mahala & Kelonu
[name]Leilani[/name], [name]Mahala[/name] & Kamea (an A-enddifferent enough from [name]Mahala[/name] I think)

Any preference for Lolani over [name]Leilani[/name]? To me Lolani looks tidier alongside [name]Mahala[/name] (same number of letters, vowels)

[name]Evangeline[/name]?

[name]Just[/name] to update this old post: I don’t work at the same place but I know that the names chosen were [name]Leilani[/name] ([name]Hawaii[/name] was their honeymoon destination), [name]Mahala[/name] (a Hebrew/Biblical name) and Suzume (one parent has Japanese heritage).

Haha - When this popped up, I didn’t even see that it was an old post. Congrats to them!

Kamlie ( kah-mal-ee)