What would you name your kids…

What would your kid’s name/s be if you weren’t allowed to name them according to your favourite naming style?

For example, my two kids are named [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Francis[/name_m] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m] - I love old-timey, classy names!

But if I couldn’t name them in that style, I would’ve named them [name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] and [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] style usually leans long, vintage, frilly. Going outside of that, I would maybe go with:
[name_m]Carter[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_f]Dana[/name_f] [name_f]Morgan[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Kelly[/name_f]

2 Likes

ooh fun question! I also love a classic, formal name (Anna, [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_m]James[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] & [name_m]Francis[/name_m] are faves), but if I couldn’t use those I’d go for [name_f]Emery[/name_f] [name_f]Kaitlin[/name_f] & [name_m]Ryder[/name_m] [name_m]Jensen[/name_m]

1 Like

If I had children I’d name them [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_m]Ryan[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Abel[/name_m], and [name_m]Amias[/name_m] ___ [name_m]Finch[/name_m] (I don’t think I’ll have children and I need a second middle for [name_f]Annora[/name_f] and a new first middle for Amias)

But if not, they would be [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] (if [name_m]Ryan[/name_m] wouldn’t get used). I don’t know what [name_m]Amias[/name_m] would be called. I don’t know what my style is. It varies a little so [name_m]Felix[/name_m] might still fit my FN style.

(Strangely enough I can see myself with one girl and 2 boys despite my girls list being longer.

1 Like

Oh, such a hard question! I’d describe my style as (mainland) European chic & Slavic-oriented, so I guess maybe [name_f]English[/name_f] / Scottish / [name_m]Irish[/name_m] names, especially more modern ones would be its antithesis! I think I’d go for [name_f]Teagan[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] “Tiggy” & [name_m]Finbar[/name_m] [name_m]Eliot[/name_m] “Fin”

[name_m]Or[/name_m], as an alternative approach, I could use Greek names! In which case I’d go for [name_f]Margarita[/name_f] [name_f]Elisavet[/name_f] & Orestis [name_m]Nikolaos[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] style can be a bit eclectic, so just going off my top two - [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] - I’d say my style is: first names that are snappy and unusual, distinctive in sound, with quiet strength, pair with middles that are more familiar and popular.

So, maybe…

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabella[/name_f] and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Montague[/name_m]

1 Like

For girls I tend to love long, frilly, romantic names (like [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], Evangeline) and then for boys, rare classics, maybe (Edmund, [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], Caspian)
but if I couldn’t use this style, then I’d go for a more hippy nature theme:
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] & [name_m]River[/name_m] [name_m]Kenai[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] top names that I (hopefully) plan to use for my littlies are [name_f]Kelsey[/name_f] [name_m]Lee[/name_m], [name_f]Hayley[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m] and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

So straying away from that and using my more GP names, I’d say [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Sage[/name_f], [name_f]Kelilah[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_m]Orion[/name_m] [name_m]Chance[/name_m] and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Koda[/name_m]

1 Like

This is a great, thought provoking topic! [name_f]My[/name_f] style including child’s name is modern, wordy, quite unusual but not overly frilly or extravagant. Think [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], [name_f]Indigo[/name_f], [name_m]River[/name_m], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].

Choosing another style is tough! If I go plain/classic they’d be

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] & [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

I know those are too similar to be siblings, but that’s the best I can do!

1 Like

Great question ! I’m not sure what my naming style is. I tend to love easy to spell names that are recognizable but not overly common, with great nickname potential, and a southern charm. Middles are after family members … so if I were to amend that I think the opposite style would be more modern / unisex

[name_f]Taylor[/name_f] [name_m]Grey[/name_m] &
[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]

2 Likes

I like very classic names – [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], etc., but my dream fantasy sibset is:

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] & [name_m]Forest[/name_m] :fairy:

2 Likes

Well I love the idea of:
G- Morgan Ardell
B- Fletcher Jacob
B- Joseph Robert
G- Sally Rebecca
(Old school + family middles)

So if I had to go more unique …

G- Eilonwy Storm
B- Huckleberry Taran
B- Turner Ulysses
G- Mora Eurydice

I’d happily use classic [name_f]English[/name_f] names. Maybe [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!

I also thought of:

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] Fonteyn
[name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] Eponin
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Vojta[/name_m]

i generally like slightly more spunky, short names so if i couldn’t go with that i would probably go with more classical names! 🫶🏻

anna caroline & hugh william :crescent_moon:

I like a mixture of nature names and older, timey names: dont really know how to describe it…e.g Rosalie, Lillie, Silas and Norman.

Paignton Isabelle & Dekota Noah

So i went with place names that are slightly modern and middle names that are very popular or are in the top 10
:honeybee:

Although my style is kind of mix, I would say mine leans towards modern like [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m]. I would say I lean towards not liking names that are super common as well so if I had to use names that are common and old-fashioned I would choose…

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

I like classic, unusual names. I don’t like modern surname names.

Hmm I’d go with [name_m]Auden[/name_m] (m) and [name_f]Wren[/name_f] (f).

1 Like

for the most part my favourites are all long, old, and rare !! my long term top choices are aurembiaix and theseus respectively. so, if i had to go short, fresh, and familiar, i think i’d choose nora & kit !!

for combos (instead of aurembiaix cecily terpsichore and theseus alistair maxence), maybe:

nora summer grace
kit river thomas

2 Likes