What would you name your second child?

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter’s name is [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (Jane is an honor name from hubs side of the family). We both liked the name [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f] and it honors my husband’s Scottish heritage). Her nickname is [name_f]Callie[/name_f].

Since she’s only 2 months old, I haven’t involved hubby in any hypothetical name convos for #2. :smiley:

But for a boy I like [name_m]Torben[/name_m] (honoring my Danish heritage) with a longer softer middle like [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] OR I like [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m] [name_m]Lorenz[/name_m] (Lorenz is my Dad’s middle, from his [name_m]German[/name_m] grandfather).

For a girl I like [name_f]Willamina[/name_f] (my great-gma’s middle) possibly with [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a middle. I’ve also been crushing on [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], but I wouldn’t use it with Torben/Tolliver unless they were twins. I also like other -ina names like [name_f]Jessamina[/name_f] or maybe even [name_f]Paulina[/name_f] (these could be stretch honors for my side).

If I have second daughter I would want her to also have a unique name with several potential nicknames. For a boy I want to avoid the most common names and have nickname options. For either, I’d like to honor my side of the family in some way.

I’d love to have 3 kids, but hubby is thinking just 2.

4 Likes

@seawillow thank you for responding honestly I always find your names completely fascinating and intriguing. I love your combinations!

@jenni_lynn91 thank you for responding! Congrats on [name_f]Magali[/name_f] [name_f]Belen[/name_f] and how lovely three girls I know I’ve said this before but I would love to name three girls.

@hannahwren thank you for responding and we’re the same I love dreaming up different sibling sets! [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is such a handsome name. I love [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] from your boys. I love from your girls [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f].

@Perpetua thanks!

@hellobanjo thank you I love [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] so hopefully he’ll get on board [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] & [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is lovely.

@canyonmoon28 thank you for responding & same I love seeing people’s responses! Your sibling sets are so sweet.

@elanorelle thank you for responding [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]March[/name_u] is so dreamy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you for your positivity regarding my sibling set!

5 Likes

@shells15 thank you such an interesting read here’s hoping SO agrees to using those names!

@janeybaby thank you for sharing such gorgeous names I really love [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Salome[/name_f] & [name_f]Julietta[/name_f] [name_f]Apolline[/name_f].

@GreenEyes375 thank you for responding and sharing honestly I’m so sorry for your loss I can completely understand the struggle behind this your names are gorgeous and I’m sure would work. Anyways once again I am really sorry for your loss.

@LaurenAlexis thank you for your answer firstly congratulations on [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and completely understandable [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is only 4 months old talking about no.2 is met with a no go are you mad face let alone names however a girl can dream and I think your names are definitely sibling worthy for [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f].

4 Likes

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is one of my combos! We think alike lol I adore your names so much especially literally every single one of your boy names

2 Likes

thank you ! :pleading_face: [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is so beautiful :dizzy:

1 Like

If I had a girl first her name would be [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] :two_hearts: If she had a sister, her name would be [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and if she had a brother, he would be named [name_m]Silas[/name_m].

If I had a boy first, his name would be [name_m]Silas[/name_m] :blue_heart: If he were to have a brother, he would be [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] “JJ” and if he were to have a sister her name would be [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]!

I’m not sure what most of their middle names would be as it fluctuates everyday lol :joy:

1 Like

We have our [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] due in Oct so I’m hoping to have a boy next in which case his name will be [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. If we have another girl in not sure… I’ve spent so long trying to think up the right name for this one! Maybe [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] but hopefully I can find a 5-letter nature name that is less popular than that :sweat_smile: I quite like [name_f]Amara[/name_f].

1 Like

I don’t have any children, but think about this a lot!

A daughter first & a son second would be [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] & [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Peter[/name_m].

A son first & daughter second would be [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] & [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

Two girls in order would be [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] & [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

Two boys in order would be [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] & [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m].

3 Likes

@jalexis15 thank you for responding your names are so classic really gorgeous!

@elleplume thank you for sharing and congratulations on [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] that’s such a beautiful name I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I actually love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] such a vintage choice works brilliantly with flora. [name_f]Amara[/name_f] is lovely and so [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] & [name_m]Silas[/name_m]!

@MichelleM thank you for responding clearly we’re similar as I always think about sibling sets. Absolutely love your girl names especially [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] as I believe the name honours your dad which is lovely

1 Like

If I had a child named [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], I’d probably name a second child [name_m]Thane[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], or [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

If I had a child named [name_m]Thane[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], I’d name a second child [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m].

2 Likes

It does! Good memory!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first girl would be [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] in honor of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u] because I like it lol
[name_f]My[/name_f] first boy would be [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] “Kit”. [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] after my maternal grandpa and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] for my paternal grandma

For the second child for a girl I’m between [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] “Winnie” or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] “Penny”. I just like the names for these, no honor names
If it was two boys he would be [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] being an honor for [name_u]Robert[/name_u]. Nickname would be [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] or [name_u]Theo[/name_u]

3 Likes

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u].

2 Likes

If I has a girl first:
Emma Lavender then Lisette Honey
Emma Lavender then Linus Faraday

If I had a boy first:
Linus Faraday then Marie Sonnet
Linus Faraday then Wesley Forest

1 Like

Right now my favourite name is [name_u]Rivers[/name_u], which rules out some of my other favourites for a sibling, like [name_u]Ever[/name_u] (similar sound) and [name_u]Forest[/name_u] (too theme-y). If I was naming a second child right now I’d say [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] or [name_u]Clove[/name_u]. I also like [name_u]Rivers[/name_u] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] together but I’d have to be sure that I wasn’t going to have a third child because I don’t have another R name to go with them! Middle names would most likely be family names.

2 Likes

@esme_evadne thank you for responding really pretty names especially love [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

@mololy thank you for answering your names are so vintage and honour names are always lovely! Hardly ever see [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] being used anymore!

@may.rose thank you for answering absolutely love [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] & [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Faraday[/name_m] also [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is refreshing in first name slot.

@floatinthesky Thank you for responding [name_u]Rivers[/name_u] is super cool I like the twist with the ‘s’ and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], [name_u]Clove[/name_u] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are all lovely

3 Likes

@coffeeorangecats thanks for responding I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] :two_hearts:

I responded in length the other day but time changes my answers a lot and I like writing about it lol

First children would be hypothetically named [name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_m]Jerome[/name_m] [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u] or [name_f]Julieta[/name_f] “Etta” [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] and child #2 if a boy and with either a big brother or big sister would be called [name_m]Aras[/name_m] [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]. I just love love [name_u]Love[/name_u] how [name_m]Aras[/name_m] rolls on the tongue. If child #2 is a girl and has a big brother then I would have to go with [name_f]Julieta[/name_f], I really like the idea of having an [name_m]Elio[/name_m] & [name_f]Etta[/name_f] but not the reverse for some reason. If my second was a girl with a big sister then I would be inclined to call her [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Arla[/name_f] since the nickname [name_f]Lollie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lo[/name_f] would sound cute as a button matched up with [name_f]Etta[/name_f]

[name_m]Elio[/name_m] & [name_m]Aras[/name_m] | [name_f]Etta[/name_f] & [name_m]Aras[/name_m] | [name_m]Elio[/name_m] & [name_f]Etta[/name_f] | [name_f]Etta[/name_f] & [name_f]Lo[/name_f]

this is, of course, all in the hypothetical, but in real life i’d want my first boy and girl, regardless of birth order, to be frank and caroline. if i had a frank and another boy, his name would be enoch; if i had a caroline and another girl, her name would be dorothy!

1 Like

@anon35922409 Thank you for responding I absolutely love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] & [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

1 Like