What would you name yourself?

exactly!
Vida is actually one of my fav names tho hahah, but i don’t know if i would consider it for a future kid since i think it’s kinda very similar to my name, but it’s an option i guess

1 Like

Moonkai is beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: love both nns [name_f]Moon[/name_f] & [name_u]Kai[/name_u]! Moonlight is also lovely!

1 Like

I always enjoy this question! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and I absolutely love my name. I think it suits me perfectly, it was chosen by my mother who I adore, and the meaning is beautiful (star). So, I’d never change my name. I used to want to change it and temporarily went by my middle name (Elizabeth Grace) but I’ve grown out of that phase.

However, if I had to change it, I’d pick [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! (I couldn’t bear to not have [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] because it’s an honour for my grandma).

[name_f]Alaska[/name_f] is perfect for me – I’m a figure skater so a wintery name suits. I absolutely love the nickname [name_u]Allie[/name_u]. Also, it just radiates bubbly, yet serious/studious vibes at the same time which I think is exactly who I am.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’d change my name, as I like the meaning of my given name, and it’s never felt out of place. If I were to change my name, I’d definitely go with Chavazelet or Chavatzelet. I’m very attached to the name itself, and the meaning has a lot of importance to me. It’s also just beautiful and I think suits me nicely! For a realistic combo I’d go with Chavazelet Shiraz or Chavazelet Meital, and for an unrealistic combo I’d use Chavazelet Eucalypta (so much meaning, but unfortunately a little too long :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

great idea! If I were to rename myself, I’d use Carrington , hence the username. It was always the first choice my mom had for me, but ultimately changed her mind when others talked her out of it. My name is quite common, so I would enjoy something more unique like that. I have considered changing it, and still am. If I were a boy, I would’ve liked a more common name ex: Christopher, Harrison, Jesse, Thomas, Zachary, Patrick.

2 Likes

I like my name (Levi), but if it must change
If I were to change my name, it would change to [name_u]Kade[/name_u]
If I were a girl, I’d choose [name_f]Celia[/name_f]

But I don’t plan on changing names any time soon

1 Like

I’d change it to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] because it’s not my real name, I think it fits me well.

But if I had to choose something different I would go with [name_f]Thea[/name_f]! I love the name but it’s far too similar sounding to my top girls name, which is [name_f]Mia[/name_f], for me to use on a child.

I don’t know what I’d name a boy version of myself (I find boy names sooo hard). Maybe [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] - I like the meaning ‘son of the sea’.

1 Like

honestly, i think my name really fits me, so i’d never change it, but for some odd reason i think i’d be a good margot.

3 Likes

Renaming myself is something I’ve thought about a lot for years, but ultimately, I don’t think I’d change my name irl.

At the moment, I think I would go with Miriam (a contender for me) or perhaps just Miri— I like to think both suit me well. :slight_smile: And the meaning “drop of the sea” is just so pretty and definitely goes well with my ocean-loving personality.

If not, I would do Opal, another name I feel suits me and tends to give me mermaidy vibes.

Unrealistically, I’d love to be a Haflína “Lína”, an Icelandic girls name meaning “sea” though I don’t have any Icelandic heritage; I’ve also been thinking about Mariska & June lately.

2 Likes

I think I’d make a good [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], or [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I treasure the romantic, fiery women of history and still around us today — these names evoke that imagery, so if I wore one, my name would be my trusty guiding light.

1 Like

[name_u]Vida[/name_u] is so fun and lovely!!

Honestly, I change my mind everyday about what I’d call myself, so I’ll just mention some :

[name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_u]Pip[/name_u], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] “Percy”, [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_m]Draco[/name_m], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_f]Jovie[/name_f], [name_u]Blue[/name_u]

This is why I can’t change my name🤦‍♀️

5 Likes

I was quite nearly named [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] so I think I might rename myself [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] if I ever made that step.
If I was going to go by a name that I had no previous connection to I honestly can envision myself as an [name_f]Isola[/name_f].

Boy me would likely be an [name_m]Eben[/name_m]. Why? I don’t know, it just seems to come naturally to me when I pose the question to myself

3 Likes

I’d strongly consider [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] (my mum’s favourite name, shares my initial and is also a variant of one of my middle names) but ultimately I think I’d probably go with [name_f]Katya[/name_f] :brown_heart:

2 Likes

@eileithyia wow can’t imagine loving your name that much! love [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] and love how it suits you!

@baya44 i love this! amazing names and amazing combos!

@halinka that’s awesome! love that the choices you have in mind are related to the ocean/sea
have you considered just [name_u]Kai[/name_u]? or [name_u]Kaimana[/name_u]? or maybe something more like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Ondine[/name_f]? (i know you’re not planning on changing your name but i love to suggest ideas haha)

@carrington i agree! i mean i kinda like my name but yes it’s common so i would enjoy something more unique. love [name_m]Donovan[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_u]Dean[/name_u] & [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] btw! lovely names

@Greyblue thank you! lovely options btw :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I love my irl first name so I wouldn’t change that, but I have considered changing my middle to [name_u]Omari[/name_u] to honor my parents (Omar and [name_f]Amie[/name_f], my mom actually liked this for me while). I did a rename me thread one time and a ton of people said I looked like a [name_u]Raven[/name_u] which awesome I’ll take that.

I think if I had to rename myself I’d do [name_u]Night[/name_u], [name_f]Hecate[/name_f], Oihane, [name_u]Denver[/name_u], [name_m]Deacon[/name_m], [name_f]Leto[/name_f], [name_u]Nike[/name_u], [name_m]Draco[/name_m], [name_f]Thalia[/name_f], [name_u]Harley[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_f]Amparo[/name_f], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_u]Feliz[/name_u], [name_m]Saturn[/name_m], [name_f]Socorro[/name_f], [name_f]Zamora[/name_f], Selena/Selene, [name_f]Enyo[/name_f], [name_u]Niko[/name_u] or [name_u]Neo[/name_u] (I think about this way too much)
If I were a boy my parents were gonna name me [name_m]Ean[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], I don’t really think that’d suit me so I think I’d choose [name_m]Draco[/name_m], [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m], Klarion, [name_m]Helios[/name_m], [name_m]Angelo[/name_m], [name_m]Cicero[/name_m], [name_m]Damon[/name_m], [name_m]Dante[/name_m], [name_m]Gambit[/name_m], [name_u]Indiana[/name_u], [name_u]Mars[/name_u], [name_m]Ramy[/name_m], Thanatos, [name_m]Zade[/name_m], [name_m]Zakari[/name_m] or [name_u]Zeppelin[/name_u]

I’d choose any of the the boys for me now (except the deity names) too, gender doesn’t really change my mind for any of these I feel like they’d suit me girl or boy :black_heart:

2 Likes

I have imagined myself as a Cordelia, and when I was much younger I did go through a phase with Kailani “Kai”, but neither feel exactly right for me.
Ondine I very briefly thought about—perhaps with the nickname Oona— but I’m not actually a big fan of the name Ondine tbh.

2 Likes

I think I would choose June right now. It is simple and sweet and I think it really suits me.

Unisex: Forest
Masculine: Sylvan

2 Likes

I would consider changing my name because I have always disliked my name and I hate having to correct the pronunciation… (Casandra pronounced Cah- SAND- Rah)

If I were to change it- [name_f]Vada[/name_f], I love this name I have every since the movie “My Girl”. :purple_heart:

Different gender- [name_u]August[/name_u], I love this name and th nn “Gus”. :brown_heart:

Unisex- [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], I think this is a timeless and strong name. I also love the meaning. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

I currently have no plans to officially change my name but I would probably change it to Kira Athena (nb name) or Alita Katarina. Alita Katarina is one of my combos for a possible kid but I don’t really have a problem seeing many of my favorite combos/names on myself but not all of them. Out of all my combos, this one just feels the most like me.

I love K names and think they typically fit me best (along with other letters that look dark / black to me like V, M, and D but I’m typically not a huge fan of M & D names)… perhaps because my own name starts with a K and I’m dark haired? idk Out of the names that I can see myself as, I just pick one of my favorite from those. Idk if I look like an Athena but I love the name and its connotations, and it’s a mn so I won’t be called it very often anyways.

Probably Kai, Kieran, Isidore, Denali “Danny”, Micah, Atticus “Kit”, or Rainier.

Maybe something like Kieran Isidore, Kai Sparrow, Rainier Alcuin, Micah Kit, Kieran Denali

Unisex: Kai, Sparrow, Raven, Riviera, Denali, Skyler, or Kit
Maybe Kai Sparrow, Kai Nightingale, Sparrow Denali, Rylan Denali, Kai Riviera, Mika Sparrow

1 Like

Found out about [name_f]Vanetta[/name_f] today. Much similiar to [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] which was one of the top 3 that my parents were considering for me. I like it a lot so I’m going to go with that.

1 Like