What would you pick for boy #2? Poll!

We would like to name our first son [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names have huge family signifcance, so if we ever have a son this will definitely be his name. I would like any future boys names to compliment [name]Andreas[/name], but not sound too similar either. [name]Ive[/name] had a difficult time finding a name with a similar origin ([name]German[/name] or Greek) and similar popularity([name]Andreas[/name] isnt in the top 1000, but it doesnt have to be that uncommon). Also, I would ideally like a 3 syllable fn because the ln is one syllable.

This is what I have so far, which is you favorite and why?
[name]Julian[/name]- This is probably my favorite boys name of all time. I just hate how popular it is. [name]Do[/name] you think it would be weird to have one brother with a name as uncommon as [name]Andreas[/name] (not even in the top 1000) and one with a name in top 100?
[name]Sebastian[/name]- This was my great grandpas name, I just hate how popular it has become.
[name]Mattias[/name]- Are the endings too similar?
[name]Edmund[/name]- love, I just wish it was 3 syllables. It seems too short to me for some reason.
[name]Theodor[/name]- [name]German[/name] spelling, we will not go with [name]Theodore[/name]. I would probably call him [name]Theo[/name] all the time.

[name]Do[/name] you have any other suggestions that perhaps I havent thought of?

Thank you!

Ugh I forgot to add the poll before I posted this and it wont let me edit!! Sorry guys, if you would just like to leave your votes for either [name]Julian[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Mattias[/name], [name]Edmund[/name], or [name]Theodore[/name] fill free to do so.

I like [name]Sebastian[/name] :slight_smile:

I like the combo [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Andreas[/name] the best. Personally I don’t think that it would be that bad if [name]Julian[/name] is more popular than [name]Andreas[/name]. I just wouldn’t combine it with another popular name but choose one that isn’t in the top 100(0)

I like the combo [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Andreas[/name] the best. Personally I don’t think that it would be that bad if [name]Julian[/name] is more popular than [name]Andreas[/name]. I just wouldn’t combine it with another popular name but choose one that isn’t in the top 100(0)

[name]Love[/name] the combo of julian & andreas…dont worry about the popularity issue :slight_smile: They sound great together!

I love [name]Julian[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]! They both so nicely with [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t worry about the popularity of [name]Julian[/name] or [name]Sebastian[/name] - I work in 2 schools, and have only met 1 [name]Sebastian[/name] and no Julians! :smiley:

Thanks everyone. I am starting to worry less about the popularity issue.

@ kyemsa- [name]May[/name] I ask what state you live in? Here is CO [name]Julian[/name] is very popular (like 50 something) whereas [name]Sebastian[/name] is in the 80s. Interestingly though, my nephews name [name]Dominic[/name] falls right between the two names in popularity and he is the only [name]Dominic[/name] is his grade. So maybe I dont have anything to worry about.

[name]Hi[/name] - I live in CT - you are right, it might depend on where you live, as far as a name’s popularity goes. I really like the names you are considering, though! I don’t think popularity matters, as long as the names compliment each other.

Thanks, [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] actually both rank higher in CT then they do in CO, so that is good news. I think if I can get my boyfriend on board with [name]Sebastian[/name] it would be first pick. Given than [name]Andreas[/name] was his number choice, I think I can sway him to give me my number one pick.