What would you rename yourself?

Hey! So, now that I’ve spent ages trying to rename myself (and received a TON of help from other berries), I was wondering what everyone would rename themself? List a girl’s name, a boy’s name, and a unisex name, if you want :slight_smile: (with middles, of course!)

For a boy’s name, I’d do [name_m]Roman[/name_m] ____ (still deciding on my middle, the link to that thread is in my user card)
For a girl’s name, I probably do [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]
For a unisex name, I’d do [name_u]Salem[/name_u] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]

What about you?

At the moment I’d go with [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!

1 Like

girl >> i’d been set on hallie for a long time, until my mother brought up emma being a family name and it clicked? realistically, only emma would work.

boy >> ezra. in a heartbeat. i’d name myself my kid my dog my parrot - heck, all my kids, ezra #1 ezra #2 ezra #3 (can you tell i have a crush)

unisex >> aren has been my go to for years. works great online, less so irl - don’t know about that one but I’d actually love to have a more unisex name myself

1 Like

Ooo, we’ve never had one of these threads that included what you would name yourself if you were a boy! I’ll have to do some thinking on the boys name, but my girl name would be [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] unisex name would probably be [name_u]Max[/name_u] or [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. Not sure on middles! I’ll come back once I get the boys name and the unisex middles straightened out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like my name, but if I were to change it, my first name would be [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] in a heartbeat! I’d probably be [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] or something similar.

If I were a girl, I’d probably be [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. For a unisex name, perhaps [name_u]Casey[/name_u] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] or [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u].

1 Like

Well I have dark hair and an Irish ancestry so I think [name_f]Ciara[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be perfect. If I were a guy [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Levi[/name_u]. And something unisex… [name_u]Misha[/name_u] is a great Russian male name but I’ve seen it used for girls in the states can’t think of a middle for it though.

1 Like

If I had to change my name, I’d probably choose [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]—sunny and cheery.

In high school, my friends and I had opposite-gender code names for ourselves and our crushes so that if any of our missives were intercepted, no one would understand them :joy: I was [name_u]James[/name_u]. So I might choose that as a boy name—that or [name_m]Matthias[/name_m], which is so cool but understated.

Unisex: Something nature-y… [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], I guess?

1 Like

I know my reply is not exactly helpful but… I’m endlessly grateful that I like my name because I would be an absolute disaster at naming myself! I’d probably constantly think there might be a name I’ve not yet discovered that I may regret not using if I came across it too late :joy:

2 Likes

I’d probably rename myself [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] or [name_u]Billie[/name_u]. I love them all and think they each suit me for various reasons.

2 Likes

I have grown to really like my name over the years so I wouldn’t change it. I’m so tempted to pick some of my favorites, but even though I love them for my future children, I can’t imagine them on myself.

Girl: [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_u]Anne[/name_u] “[name_f]Annie[/name_f]”, or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - short and sweet names that are still somewhat sturdy

Boy: [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]”/“[name_m]Ted[/name_m]” - these seem like friendly and laidback, not in your face names. They’re also a stylistic fit with my brother’s name.

Unisex: [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] “[name_u]Mack[/name_u]” or [name_u]Riley[/name_u] - [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] was on the potential list of names for me with the nickname [name_u]Mack[/name_u] and I do think it would have fit well. I could also see myself with a name like [name_u]Riley[/name_u]. The -ley ending names have always felt friendly to me

2 Likes

I don’t know :thinking: (I’m so helpful). [name_f]My[/name_f] Nameberry name is [name_u]Courtney[/name_u], but I don’t know if that’s what I would actually choose.

This reminds me of when I was younger, and I was mad because my name was too popular— so I decided to rename myself [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. I didn’t like being named a popular name, so I chose [name_f]Sarah[/name_f].

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

If I were to name myself fitting with my parents styles, I’d probably go with [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] for a girl and [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] for a boy.

If I could do whatever I want, I would do [name_f]Reyna[/name_f] or [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] for a girl and [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] or [name_u]August[/name_u] for a boy.

2 Likes

I have actually considered changing my name, but I’m still undecided and have no idea what I’d change it to
G: [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f]/Penny [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
B: [name_u]Noel[/name_u] or [name_m]Cecil[/name_m]
U: [name_m]Nin[/name_m] or [name_u]Salem[/name_u]

1 Like

I have a REALLY hard time with this one, because I really like my given name and I think it fits me very well. A lot of my favorite names don’t seem like they could be mine, either. I guess if I absolutely had to rename myself, I would pick something like [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] or [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], which feel like they have a slightly similar feel/sound to my actual name ([name_f]Julia[/name_f]) and like they could fit me. Or maybe [name_f]Emily[/name_f], which is a very nice name that I feel like works on just about anyone. They’re names I do like but not my absolute favorites, but none of my absolute favorites work for me.

Boys are even harder, because I can’t really picture myself as a boy, and the issue of my favorite boys’ names not feeling like me is therefore even stronger here. I guess maybe for a copout I’d go with [name_u]Julian[/name_u] :joy: [name_f]My[/name_f] only other thought for a hypothetical boy me would be [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], although that sounds a little too close to my brother’s name, which also has a -coll sound, though it’s much more uncommon.

1 Like

Ooh good idea on a thread.
girl-either [name_f]Savanna[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] or [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] Lynae. I have a little crush on both.
boy-[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] or [name_m]Westen[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]. Both super stylish and cute.
unisex-[name_u]Dakota[/name_u] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u] or [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] both. Blends super smoothly.

1 Like

Ooh this is tricky!!
I think I would choose:
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

1 Like

This is really tricky! As much as I hate how popular my name is and how basic it has become, I actually think it fits me really well.

The pen name that I’ve toyed around with using is [name_f]Esmae[/name_f] “[name_f]Essie[/name_f]”. I still don’t know if I’d go with it but that would probably be my pick for a girl.

For a boy, not sure why but I’m feeling [name_u]Nolan[/name_u].

As a unisex choice, I’d go with [name_u]Kit[/name_u].

1 Like

I took a “What should your name have been?” quiz once and I got my real name … :joy:

2 Likes

For a boy, I think I would go with:
[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]- I really like it because it’s Biblical and I don’t know many Micahs. Plus, my older brother would have been [name_u]Micah[/name_u] if not for my father, lol. [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] because it’s my father’s name.
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]- I think [name_u]Andy[/name_u] and [name_u]Drew[/name_u] are such cool nicknames! It may be popular, but it is Biblical and I like the sound of it. [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is a family name.
[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]- I’ve crushed on [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] for a while now and [name_m]Lew[/name_m] is such a sweet/sporty nickname. [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is my grandfather’s name and I like how [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] is pretty modern and [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is an older name.
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]- A familyish name and [name_m]Will[/name_m] is a cool nickname. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is my other grandfather’s name.
For girls… well, I actually like my name and my middle name. It goes well with my last name and I don’t know anyone with my middle name, so I wouldn’t rename myself as a girl. I am a girl, btw.
Unisex names… I don’t really like unisex names that much, so I don’t have any.
Cool topic, btw. :slight_smile:

1 Like