What you like about your child

I have a 4 month old now who giggles constantly - the joy just bubbles out of him. I love how curious and inquisitive he is, and how he tries to swivel his head like an owl to always see what’s going on around him.

3 Likes

Me too! I can’t wait to go on many small and big adventures with my son when he will grow up. Nature hikes, movies, books, games, building blanket forts in the living room, etc.

I wish you the best of luck for the future pregnancies. You’ve been through a lot and you seem strong and full of resiliency :white_heart:

Like you said, nothing is ruined when you want them.

1 Like

It looks like you have a little Mr. Curious! He is learning about the world around him with so much joy, that is amazing :yellow_heart:

1 Like

He sounds a lot like our Endymion. Our twins are now 17 months old, and I love how different they are. Endymion is very curious and inquisitive, always wanting to find out what’s going on around him. Leonid is often looking at his brother like “now what? Can’t you just be calm for once?” :joy:

6 Likes

:joy: That’s too cute!!

1 Like

[name_u]Pilot[/name_u] (14)- makes me laugh daily, absolutely hilarious. He’s very talented artistically and has a beautiful singing voice, open minded and accepting and we can talk about anything. Gives the best and longest hugs. Unapologetically himself.

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] (12)- hard working and ambitious, can take apart anything mechanically and put it back together, he is helpful and goofy. He can make friends anywhere and will always stand up to a bully. Spends the most time outside tinkering and exploring.

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] (9)- she is strong and fierce but also sensitive and kind at the same time. A social butterfly who loves to dance and loves animals. She loves all things girly but will also take on her brothers in an arm wrestling match.

[name_m]Philo[/name_m] (5)- my sweet, sensitive cuddly lion cub. Very smart and loves to play with his siblings and friends. [name_u]Will[/name_u] always apologize after a tantrum and gives lots of hugs and kisses. His love language is definitely acts of service. He will be the first in line to help but also wants help in return.

I could go on for days about them. I’m just obsessed and cannot wait to meet baby #5

4 Likes

You’re a lovely person. Thanks for chatting with me :smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh my gosh I’m so excited. That is so lovely and beautiful! Congrats on baby number 5!

@Rosebeth: Your twins sounds adorables! I love how they complement each other in their character.

@Bohemeregina: [name_u]Four[/name_u] little angels! You pictured them so well I can imagine interacting with each of them. Congratulations on baby number 5 :heart:

@atlanticseastars: Thank you for chatting with me too, it was a pleasure!

2 Likes

This thread is pure wholesomeness! There is so much negativity out there about having children. I am loving this thread! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f], 12- [name_f]My[/name_f] entrepreneur, with a keen head for business; also an incredibly good and loyal friend. This age is SO much fun! We can joke around, and her humor is witty and grownup. Sometimes she takes it too far, since she’s still learning boundaries, but it’s so fun watching her grow into herself.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], 10- Super passionate about his interests, an amazing artist and (when he’s not taking himself too seriously), dryly funny. He’s interested and thus interesting, extremely bright and has always considered himself to be an adult.

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m], 9- Impish and endearing, he is a crackup, and also incredibly earnest and sincere. He can be shy, but is kind and fun. He’s like an adorable, pesky little raccoon, which happens to be his favorite animal.

[name_m]Truett[/name_m], 7- The happygolucky youngest, focused and imaginative; serious about his interests, but otherwise so goofy and funny. He is cuddly and affectionate and helpful and is a blast to be around.

4 Likes

They all sound amazing :heart_eyes:

[name_f]My[/name_f] step-daughter [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] just arrived to spend her summer vacation with us and I’m just amazed by how much she’s grown the past year. She’ll be 8 in [name_u]September[/name_u]! She loves everything [name_u]French[/name_u] from [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] episodes she watches on youtube to macarons and wanting croissants and chocolat chaud for breakfast. It’s like she’s a living, breathing “Fancy Nancy”. She even listens to a French-learning podcast on our phones and I think it’s adorable how she tries to pronounce the words with her glaring American ‘Rs’ and ‘Js’. I ordered a [name_u]French[/name_u] textbook for us to work on together, my [name_u]French[/name_u] is pretty rusty these days, and as soon as it arrived she had me sit down with her and we did two whole pages. She’s so dedicated to the things she loves and the goals she sets for herself, it just amazes me and is probably the thing I love about her. I hope to be able to take her to [name_f]France[/name_f] one day, for now, I’m grateful we have this to bond over. It’s not easy being a step-mom!

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] (3) on the other hand is just the apple of my eye. I love his pudgy round belly and how he’s hungry all the time. He’s a smiley little boy, very cheeky and loves excitement. He’s his happiest when he has friends to run and rough-house with. School has been really good for him, he loves interacting with other kids and the teachers all love him. He’s the sweetest little boy! We found a preschool that is bilingual and he gets to practice his [name_f]English[/name_f] there. I’m relieved about that because here at home he was beginning to want to only speak Portuguese and mine and hubby’s is pretty limited.

4 Likes

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] sounds adorables :heart_eyes:

I love how dedicated you are to your step-mother role, it’s not easy indeed! These relationships can be so meaningful however. I grew up with a step-dad and he is still very important to me.