What's going on here? (Part 2 of What's with...)

I posted this in the game section and main name section, but it’s too important not to post it here, too:

Nameberry is not like other name forums. Nameberry has class, style, intelligence, and maturity. During the past few days, this site has been overtaken by appallingly rude and confrontational posts, and disgusting name games which glorify teen pregnancy and teen marriage.

In addition to this, newer members have been playing games without first reading the extremely easy to comprehend rules. Not only is this lazy, but it ruins the games for thos who took the time to follow the rules.

Such posts may be commonplace on other name sites, but they are not appropriate for Nameberry.

Nameberry is the brainchild of [name]Pamela[/name] [name]Redmond[/name] Satran and [name]Linda[/name] Rosenkrantz, two gifted authors and internationally respected name experts who have written many books dedicated to guiding people away from trendy, overused names, and toward stylish ones. They have created an intelligent and sophisticated site, and such immature posts are in direct contrast to eveything for which nameberry stands.

If you are in love with trendy names, please don’t be surprised when those who are actually informed about names try to kindly and gently enlighten you, directing you toward a more substantial name. If you prefer misspelled names, please don’t be surprised when people who are informed about names (yes, there is actually an entire branch of study dedicated to naming and names) try to kindly redirect your choice.

Whereas many name sites and books simply provide you with meanings and origins of names, [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s books (and this site) are unique, in that they advocate honesty when it comes to style. (One of their books is titled “Beyond [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Jason[/name], [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Montana[/name].”) You need to pick the name that’s right for you, but it’s always a good idea to check a message board’s prevailing style before posting.

Nameberry has always been an intelligent, classy, and tranquil site, and these new posts and behaviors have been disgusting. Please grow up.

Brava, [name]Jill[/name]!

amen to that!

Thanks, [name]Melissa[/name] and [name]Dash[/name]'s mommy! Those game posts have thanfully been deleted, but when I saw them, my eyeballs popped out of my head. (I’m completely reassembled now.) :slight_smile: I hate confrontation, but had to say something, especially because I knew I was speaking for more than just myself.