What's hot in the UK?

What’s hot in the UK? In other words, what name trends are popular at the moment? What names are you British berries hearing everywhere? A obsessive name loving teen in the US wants to know!

[name]Hi[/name], I’m a UK berry (:

here’s a link to the top baby names of 2008 in the UK: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/statbase/Product.asp?vlnk=15282

I’m noticing a ton of [name]Alfie[/name]'s, [name]Maisie[/name]'s and [name]Lacey[/name]'s (with various spellings) and so many double barrelled names like [name]Ava[/name]-[name]Mae[/name] or [name]Lacie[/name]-[name]Lou[/name].

There are also quite a few [name]Amelie[/name]'s going around where I live at the moment, I’m guessing because of the film.

Also seeing quite a few [name]Imogen[/name]'s and [name]Louis[/name]'s (lou-ee) (:

The last time I was in [name]England[/name] (last year), I remember hearing so many little girls named [name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name]. Lots of little boys named [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] as well. My British nieces are [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name]! I’m also really interested in naming trends in the UK - I think it’s so much more interesting than here in the US, lol.

Yes, jayjoh, there are so many little [name]Ruby[/name]'s! Definetly a popular name in my area at the moment. I also know of a few baby [name]Gracie[/name]'s and [name]Millie[/name]'s.