What's Next? List of Five

These days it seems important to focus on the next best things/experiences we’ll be doing/having.

What are the five things you have coming up that are pleasant?

Mine for today:

• San [name_m]Francisco[/name_m] [name_f]Opera[/name_f] performance for free! Streaming tomorrow.
  • Reflective Writing Zoom class tomorrow afternoon.
  • Baking my husband’s Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for his birthday this afternoon
  • Our 18 year wedding anniversary [name_f]Monday[/name_f]
  • Doing some scratch art this week or two

You?

7 Likes

Great idea! I just got back from a really lovely camping trip with my partner’s family, so I would have said that a few days ago… Thought I’d include it here anyway. :wink: Oh, and happy early anniversary! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any plans?

Mine for today:

• Receiving a special academic award in a weeks time
  • Going ice skating with some friends this week (hopefully!)
  • Meeting a potential employer soon
  • Starting a new book in a series I’m enjoying
  • Pretty basic but… I’m really looking forward to some hot chips I’ll make myself tonight.
2 Likes

Hot chips are never basic! :slight_smile:
And ice skating too… lovely.
Not sure of plans. Nurseries maybe (plants, not babies!).

Happy anniversary!

1. Deciding on a decorating mood board for potential baby 3 room. ( TTC next month. I’m organised right, wish me luck :rofl:)

2. Seeing my sister for a girlie eve, pamper session.

3. Sorting my bike out ready for bike rides in the spring.

4. Spring cleaning!/Clear out.

5. Finishing of drawing the Kraken for my son, for his room. He loves Norse mythology.

I think my life is not very exciting :thinking:

2 Likes
  1. Being done with my exams by [name_u]March[/name_u] 2nd
  2. Starting a new (online) D&D adventure with friends from high school next week
  3. Knitting my first pair of cabled socks with the wool I got from my mother for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]
  4. Having some waffles/chocolate today because Sundays are cheat days from lent :yum:
  5. The upcoming gardening season

Wow, it was hard to come up with that.

1 Like

Having a sister and a son and a new baby on the way is very exciting! Plus biking and spring cleaning, lovely. There’s nothing like a good clear out!

Knitting socks = climbing Mt. [name_u]Everest[/name_u]! Congrats!

That sounds so happy! I love pineapple upside-down cakes! Here’s my life:

1. I’m going to my Grandma’s house for dinner, like we do every [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]! I love her house.
  2. I get to see my friends tomorrow.
  3. The weather is warming up this week, just in time for the start of track season! (I kid you not: it was -15 degrees last [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f], and today, it’s 70 degrees! Fahrenheit, of course.)
  4. My puppy gets to take her cone off this week. (She got spayed recently, and likes to use her cone as a battering ram.)
  5. All of last week we had no school (bad weather…), so I’m looking forward to going back!
2 Likes

It’s hard to think of 5 tbh…

1. Starting a new role with my job that’s virtual, from home :blush:
  2. My friend’s ultrasound appointment! (fingers crossed that they’ll continue to allow 1 visitor :crossed_fingers:t2:)
  3. Catching up with my friends about a trip I just got home from :airplane:
  4. My birthday, in about 2 weeks (probably won’t do anything but another year around the sun is still an accomplishment :sunny:)
  5. Possibly scheduling my vaccine appt :syringe:
3 Likes

I’m loving reading responses.

Mine for now:

1. Falstaff opera streaming free next weekend
  2. Buying a new white camellia soon I hope
  3. Making my late mother’s special cookies soon
  4. Spring Break which can’t come soon enough
  5. Starting to knit and use the treadmill - I keep forgetting I have them
1 Like