What's the BEST order?

Hello namberry!

We are expecting a little boy right before Thanksgiving and my DH and i have finally settled on a few names!

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (for ties to titans of science and philosophy for our respective interests)
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] ( a family name) and finally [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (bc the meaning ties w/ meaning of our other adoptive child [name_u]Abby[/name_u] and myself; we want them to be tied even though they have different genes)

What would be the best order of flow for the three names?! Thanks for your input Berries!

I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] has the best flow. I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] makes for a better first name today, as I find both [name_m]Charles[/name_m] & [name_m]Philip[/name_m] to be rather dated, therefore working better as middles than firsts.

I think you can work these names in all different ways, depending on which one you like as the first name, and they all sound good!

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

I think my favourite is the last one, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], for optimum flow. Very handsome! I know a four month old [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (who goes by [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]) and a toddler [name_m]Phillip[/name_m], but my personal favourite of your names for a first is [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

I think it depends on how many syllables his surname has. If it’s one syllable, then I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] works best, so it would split up [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and the one syllable surname. But anymore than one, then I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is better. But that’s only what I think flows best. I’m also just using [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as a first because it’s my personal favourite, but in terms of flow/order with surname, I think the same would apply with [name_m]Philip[/name_m], and it wouldn’t really matter as much with [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (as both middles have multiple syllables), but I think [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] sounds best. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps/makes sense :).

Here are some options on order of my preference. I think it all depends on which name you want as a first. Decide that first then go from there.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] gets my vote. Very handsome names.

[name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. They’re both a tie flow-wise. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] also has good flow.

1. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]

The above is how I’d rate them personally.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is my favorite, but I like [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m], too! I agree that it depends on which name you want first. I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is perfection, and I love the versatility in nns with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], too (Skandar, [name_m]Zander[/name_m], [name_m]Zane[/name_m], [name_m]Olek[/name_m], [name_m]Alec[/name_m], [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_u]Lex[/name_u], Aleixo (love this Portuguese form of [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]!), [name_m]Alejo[/name_m], [name_m]Alexei[/name_m], [name_u]Allie[/name_u], [name_m]Anders[/name_m], etc., etc.!). Skandar’s my favorite, but there’s so many great ones!

Good luck!

I am loving [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m]