What's the craziest thing you named?

Not children, pets, cars, houses, or houseplants. Something totally whacko nutty nuts. [name]Share[/name] PLEASE! :slight_smile: I will abide a really crazy name if the craziest thing you named was about even with or was a houseplant.

When I was about 10 or 11 I had a soft blue bathrobe, with white trim. It was very soft, it was like I was a big blue stuffed animal in that bathrobe. The white “belt” was attached, sewn into the waist, and for some reason I named the left belt Ariba and the right belt Aruba. They were like long furry snakes and I twirled them around like a feather boa or something.

Please don’t leave me hanging. Tell.

Craziest thing I named… I guess it might be a set of chess pieces. Specifically, the pawns. I named them [name]Prima[/name] Puella, Secunda Puella, [name]Tertia[/name] Puella, Quarta Puella, [name]Quinta[/name] Puella, Sexta Puella, [name]Septima[/name] Puella, and [name]Octava[/name] Puella.

Not very imaginative, I’ll admit. But then I amused myself for days anagramming new names for them out of the names I’d previously given them: [name]Pamelia[/name] [name]Purl[/name], [name]Dulcea[/name] Paulsen, Taralee [name]Tulip[/name], etc. :slight_smile:

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I know you said no houseplants, but I just wanted to share my names because I love them.

I have a money tree (about 2.5 feet tall) named [name]Alfie[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] and “his little sister,” an [name]African[/name] [name]Violet[/name], named [name]Stella[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. Yes, I really thought about these names.

I’ve named houseplants. I have a black thumb and the three I named either committed suicide or I loved them to death.
Lets see if I can remember. Okay they were [name]Othello[/name], [name]Herb[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name] not the most original with [name]Herb[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] but [name]Othello[/name] was out there.

I named my guitar when I was 18 [name]Mort[/name]/[name]Mert[/name]. I can’t remember 100% I had a book that was titled Goddesses of The World and found the name there. I think she was something dark.

I had a '64 Rambler and name her [name]Betty[/name].

Our kitty had a crazy name - [name]Ajax[/name] Sputnik Psycho [name]Kitty[/name].

Not me but my oldest daughter had imaginary friends named [name]George[/name], Hina (high-nuh), and Chino. Apparently [name]George[/name]'s parents died in a hot bowl of soup or so she told me. :wink:

You have no idea what you’re getting into asking me this question…

Lets see… my computers have been Mithryl, [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Aurelius[/name] Compaq, and Briallan. My calculator in high school was named Archimedes. I had a pencil and notebook for Algebra who were [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]. My wooden frogs on my desk are [name]Morgain[/name] and [name]Owen[/name]. Oh and I had a stuffed bear named [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Derrick[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]York[/name] T.E.D.D.Y., a toy lightsaber named Luciusifant, a favorite hoodie named Oossha (the pronunciation for the Hungarian slang for U.S.A.) and my black boots were [name]Darcy[/name] and [name]Kieran[/name].

I’m sure there’s more I haven’t thought of…

Well shoot NOT houseplants and cars sorry :frowning: sometimes I read too fast and miss words, I type that way too. I guess my guitar my count then.

Funny topic! [name]Love[/name] it…
You guys aren’t going to believe this, but I named my mouth guard that keeps me from grinding my teeth “Clacky”. I say, “It’s time to put Clacky on.”
I named my old church “Churchy” because I loved it so much.
I had one pair of men’s long underwear that I used to wear as a teenager. They were cream with thin blue lines in the pattern of a grid. My sister named them [name]Ponce[/name] de [name]Leon[/name] nn [name]Ponce[/name].
We named the little figures in my daughter’s lamp after the main characters in “Pride and Prejudice”.
We named the green blanket we use in colder weather “Greenie”. Our kitty loves to lie on Greenie. The blanket is really an awful green, but we put it under our quilt which is very pretty. But when we first get out Greenie, it’s often right before we are going to bed. We are cold so we throw Greenie over the top of the covers. Mokie’s eyes get very bright and he leaps onto Greenie and starts kneading his paws happily.
I named my husband’s fleece pants “Warmies”. Mokie loves to sit on [name]Kent[/name]'s lap when he is wearing his Warmies.
I named the pads that I use to get mascara off my eyes “Wetties”. Yes, I am very odd.

I guess everything can count, I just wanted people to think of really crazy things. So far, so awesome! My old car was Super, and I had a plant once named [name]Bonnie[/name]. The plant I have now doesn’t have a name, I didn’t think I’d manage to hold onto an orchid for 3 years. I want to think of other stuff. Keep it coming, this is great.

Well, I’m also going to have to give a houseplant name, but the name was a little nuts. When I was at university I had some sort of fern, and I called it Clytemnestra. What tells you we were covering Greek theatre at the time?
I don’t think I named anything else too mad, except perhaps for a clothes brush that looked like a grenadier guard (the ones outside Buckingham [name]Palace[/name]). Someone gave it to me when I was a child and, as I didn’t have any boy dolls to pair up with [name]Barbie[/name] at the time, the clothes brush became her (rather short) boyfriend. I think his name was [name]Steve[/name].

I had a stick…(not kidding…a stick) for a few days one summer when I was little. I named it “[name]Mel[/name]-[name]Mel[/name]”.

In college I had two plants named [name]Alfred[/name] and [name]Bea[/name].

My first car was [name]Elliot[/name] the Elantra :slight_smile: But my friend had [name]Romeo[/name] and Bug-a-boo (nn Boo). [name]Romeo[/name] died…right when the movie “[name]Romeo[/name] Must Die” came out…it was creepy.

All i can think of are my electronic thingies…
My laptops have been Faithful, [name]Blue[/name] and Buttons, my external hard drive is Fido, my mp3 player was called [name]Tobias[/name] after the insurance guy from [name]Sweden[/name] we had to talk to to get hold of it, my phone is always rechristened with the latest of my name crushes, currently Emre, a rare Norwegian boys’ name… XD I’m sure I’ve named other things as well, but I can’t think of any in particular right now… ^^

When I was little, my friend [name]Rodney[/name] and I found a very old stick - it was more like a small piece of lumber, which might have had its name carved into it - it had something carved in it. (Might have been a post for a pet grave, even). We called the stick Chickory, and kept it in his garage like a totem. One day [name]Rodney[/name] threw Chickory way back in the woods behind his house, and sometimes we would hunt for it. Never found it again.

See these things bring up memories. I was thinking of the tennis balls I named. They were the old kind that you give to kids when they’re not good for tennis anymore (my grandpa loved tennis). I drew faces on them, so it was more like a doll, and wrote their names on the other side. I think the green one might have been [name]Marvin[/name] or [name]Harvey[/name] or something like that. The orange one was [name]Cindy[/name]. They were faded a lot, so they weren’t really “green” or “orange” like a new ball.

My handbag, I’ve mentioned a few times, is [name]Waverly[/name], but that’s the name the designer gave her. Designers give names to lots of things, but that’s the only thing I’ve bought like that which I thought “had” to keep its name (or otherwise rename - something I don’t usually do).

I am thinking of the “Seinfeld” episode with the t-shirt named “[name]Golden[/name] Boy.” LOL.

Well, I found an interestingly shaped rock one day, painted a face on it with nail polish, and named it Arby. Also, my tweezers are all named Mr. Pluckers, don’t ask me why :slight_smile:

I love Mr. Pluckers! That’s so adorable and hilarious!

[name]Veronica[/name] the vacuum. The kitties all hide when it comes out, not entirely unlike how my siblings and I hide when we see our Aunt [name]Mary[/name] coming. (It’s mean, I know, but the woman catches your ear and will not STOP for hours!) So [name]Veronica[/name] (and/or vacuum) have become code words for someone to help when Aunt [name]Mary[/name] traps us and we need saving.

My sister named our computer [name]Heinz[/name] ([name]Heinz[/name] is dead now, though) and her cell phone Urs (after one of the three fish fathers in the beginning of Finding [name]Nemo[/name], at least in the dubbed version; he also got a neat Swiss accent).