What's the First Thing Your Character Ever Said?

Hey guys!

I’ve always thought it was interesting to see a character’s first line of dialogue, because I feel like there’s a lot you can learn about them in that first sentence. I’d love to read all of yours!

Here are some of mine, from my story [name_f]True[/name_f] Colors:

[name_f]Emalyn[/name_f]: “No thank you, I’d rather not be cursed today.”

[name_m]Warren[/name_m]: “My father will be very pleased with your services.”

[name_m]Arik[/name_m]: “The map. Where is it?”

[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]: “Em! You’re back!”

[name_f]Oliviana[/name_f]: “Father is requesting your presence in the grand office.”

[name_m]Mathias[/name_m]: “What in Iris’s sweet name are you doing here at this ungodly hour, Warren?”

2 Likes

ive seen it written before that your character’s first line of dialogue should introduce who they are as a person…

personally, that feels like way too much pressure to put on a first line of dialogue, but this was a fun dig through my most recent draft!

[name_m]Cas[/name_m]: “Where’s your supplier?”

[name_f]Sage[/name_f]: “Are you on a building?”

[name_f]Opal[/name_f]: “I’m in the supports of one.”

[name_f]Aubrey[/name_f]: “Don’t you [censored] speak about her like that!”

[name_f]Khadija[/name_f]: “Aren’t you supposed to get your own skiff once you become a commander?”

[name_m]Viator[/name_m]: “Auberon.”

[name_m]General[/name_m] Asouma: “Commander [name_m]Salo[/name_m], it’s good to see you here.”

2 Likes

I have 5 different stories here, and I am doing this for all the characters, so it might be a lot.

This is from [name_m]Golden[/name_m] Haze/Viper:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]: “Mae! Breakfast!”

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] (aka [name_f]Mae[/name_f], Viper): “Where did you get so many eggs?”

[name_m]Damian[/name_m]: “I-I just got lost.”

[name_m]Ray[/name_m]: “Name?”

[name_m]Will[/name_m] (aka Wave): “He’s a bit young.”

[name_m]Governor[/name_m] Fawl: “Damian! [name_m]Damian[/name_m]! Where is he?”

[name_m]David[/name_m] (aka Rapid): “Oh [name_f]Viper[/name_f], I’m glad to see you made it back. [name_m]Wave[/name_m] told me about your plan.”

[name_f]Briar[/name_f]: “Who’s Mae?”

[name_f]Dove[/name_f]: “If you really want to. Today’s the first test though.”

This is from an untitled story:

[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Alana[/name_f] O’lay: “General [name_m]Johnson[/name_m], hello! How are you? We weren’t expecting you, you were meant to be out for another week, if I am not mistaken. Has something happened?”

[name_m]General[/name_m] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m]: “Hello, Princess,” the general replied, bowing. “I am doing quite well, and I bring good news. [name_f]May[/name_f] I speak with your father?”

Unnamed Servant: “Princess [name_f]Alana[/name_f], may I have permission to speak?”

[name_m]King[/name_m] O’lay: “First, [name_f]Alana[/name_f], I wanted to tell you the good news. We have a treaty proposal from Arlot that might end the war. It’s mostly good, but… actually, [name_m]General[/name_m], will you just allow her to read the document?”

[name_m]Matt[/name_m] [name_f]Alson[/name_f]: “We sent out a treaty, but they didn’t accept.”

[name_m]George[/name_m]: “It’ll be fine. It just makes things easier for tomorrow. And with all the guards as well, we ran out of cell space."

[name_m]Jack[/name_m]: “The priest wants you in there too. Sorry, [name_m]George[/name_m] was taking too long.”

[name_f]Queen[/name_f] O’lay: “Get off the bed. [name_f]My[/name_f] children need it more. Get off.”

[name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] O’lay: “What does he mean by adopting the children?”

[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] O’lay: “How? They took away all of our belongings. How come you have yours?”

This is from The Silent [name_f]Girl[/name_f]:

Ms [name_m]Anders[/name_m]: “Hello class, how are you all?”

[name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f] (aka [name_m]Ash[/name_m], Ashley): “Hi. I’m [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f], and I go by Ash.”

[name_m]Finn[/name_m]: “Hey, Ash."

[name_m]Liam[/name_m]: “Good, good, now quiet down."

[name_f]Hana[/name_f]: “Alright. [name_m]Trey[/name_m], since you can drive, you are going to be an [name_m]Uber[/name_m] driver. We’ll pick people up, and take them back here instead of to their destination. Sound good?”

[name_m]Trey[/name_m]: “Yeah, sounds good."

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] (aka Nat) “Ash?” my sister asked as she got into the car, “What are you doing?”

Unnamed Mother: “Where are you taking us? Where are you taking us?”

[name_f]Joan[/name_f]: “What’s your name, dear? Are you alright, dear? Okay, well, I’m Joan.”

[name_m]David[/name_m]: “Do you know what is happening? What’s happening?”

This is from [name_m]Amare[/name_m]:

Sanqan [name_m]Council[/name_m] Member: “You are dismissed.”

[name_f]Anna[/name_f]: “Please, let him free.”

[name_m]Amare[/name_m]: “How do you talk? How do you speak my language?”

Amare’s Mother: “I found a human snooping around your room! It is in the blood farm now.”

[name_f]Marie[/name_f]: “Anne?”

This is from [name_m]Sal[/name_m] [name_f]Harper[/name_f]:

[name_m]Sal[/name_m] [name_f]Harper[/name_f]: “How are you?”

[name_f]Janet[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m]: “I’m alright, and you?”

[name_m]Finn[/name_m]: “Hi [name_f]Janet[/name_f]. How are you?”

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Harper[/name_f] (aka Lai): “I want to go home,” she said, “Where is mom?”

[name_f]Megan[/name_f] [name_f]Harper[/name_f] (aka Meg): “May I speak with [name_f]Janet[/name_f] Brown?”

Unnamed Officer: “We found [name_m]Sal[/name_m] [name_f]Harper[/name_f], and some kids that were there with her."

[name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_f]Harper[/name_f] (aka Ali): “How do you know Lai?”

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] (aka Ms Brown): “Hey, look at the news!”

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_m]Hall[/name_m]: “I heard that [name_f]Harper[/name_f] had kids. Is it true, and if so, will we see them there?”

Okay, that’s all. That was a lot.

2 Likes

[name_f]Laura[/name_f]: “Hey, [name_m]Charlie[/name_m], am I gonna get my spray paint back?”

2 Likes

[name_f]Sofie[/name_f] " No! I will not be punished for speaking my mind!”
[name_m]Lennox[/name_m] or Nex " [name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m [name_m]Lennox[/name_m] but people call me Nex. You’re pretty. I’m going to shut up now."
Jistu “You’re different and that’s awesome. Don’t let anyone tell you different.”
[name_m]August[/name_m] "Mind If I sit with you?”

1 Like

From Mysteria Heights:

Umbra: Hi. Welcome to Mysteria Heights.

Cyra: Nice to meet you, I’m Cyra.

From The Girl and the Witch:

Amia: Hi! I’m Amia! Nice to meet you!

Althenea: Where did you come from? How did you get out here?

1 Like

From my fanfic An Afternoon on the Surface:

Shireen: “Marvel and Cato are back?! After three years?! Awesome! I’ve so gotta see them!”

From another fanfic, Feliks Paints His House A Wicked Hipster Pink:

Krystiana, or Krysia: “Feliks. What are you doing?”

I also have a ton of books going and a ton of characters. I also write by scene, not in order, so a character’s first line might not end up being their first line in the final draft.

The Guard Of Dosta

[name_f]Ermentrude[/name_f]: “The sun, ugh. I hate the sun. [name_f]My[/name_f] poor eyes can’t handle it anymore. What are you looking at, you pesky squirrels?! If [name_m]Kyle[/name_m] were any use, I’d have him climb up there and pull your bushy tails!”

[name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] [name_f]Sutton[/name_f]: “Ermentrude, you really ought to stop bothering those squirrels. They might start throwing acorns at you.”

[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]: “Same with [name_f]Angeline[/name_f]. She looked extremely—” (he gets interrupted)

[name_m]Weylin[/name_m] [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m]: “Well, this is a sad sight. A bad-tempered cow, an extremely chubby squirrel, and a poor little Guardian-less peasant trying to keep them under control. You’d never catch the Guardians in my family acting like that.”

[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Evans[/name_m]: "Well, well, well. Look at this, boys. The five year old’s throwing another tantrum. Does the poor baby want his mommy?”

[name_m]Hoover[/name_m]: “Yeah! Baroness [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m], yer itty bitty little boy needs a nap! Oh, Baroness Hendrix!”

[name_m]Kyle[/name_m] [name_f]Sutton[/name_f] (Kaylee’s father): “John [name_m]Evans[/name_m]! [name_m]Weylin[/name_m] [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m]! What do you boys think you’re doing here?!”

[name_f]Angeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sutton[/name_f] (Kaylee’s mother): “Go home, [name_m]John[/name_m]. And stay away from my daughter. All of you do the same.”

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] Tomkins: “Kaylee! Mr. and Mrs. [name_f]Sutton[/name_f]! You’re here! Come on! Uncle [name_m]Adonis[/name_m] is waiting in the garden! Oh, I’m so excited! Not as excited as you, of course, but—” (she gets interrupted)

[name_m]Adonis[/name_m] Potenzíano: “Hello there, [name_f]Sutton[/name_f] family. How are you all on this lovely day?”

[name_m]Romulus[/name_m]: “Are you [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] Sutton?”

[name_m]Achilles[/name_m]: “Are you [name_m]Weylin[/name_m] [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m]? I’m [name_m]Achilles[/name_m]. Your—” (he gets interrupted)

[name_m]Nils[/name_m]: “I do hear you.”

[name_f]Lisa[/name_f] [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] (Weylin’s younger sister): “Oh brother dear! You didn’t get a Guardian?! Mommy and Daddy are going to be so—” (she gets interrupted)

[name_m]Amulius[/name_m]: “That’s too funny, Miss [name_f]Lisa[/name_f]! Ha! I’ll have to be sure to tell Maxentius!”

[name_f]Estee[/name_f] [name_f]Lavera[/name_f]: “New recruits? It’s about time! That can’t be a Thunderbird! [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], is it?”

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Bartalan[/name_m]: “His name is [name_m]Romulus[/name_m] and yes, he is.”

[name_f]Jacinta[/name_f]: “So, ya don’t feel lucky to have me? Too bad.”

[name_m]Valerio[/name_m]: “Hazel! I found him!”

[name_m]Julian[/name_m] Aberforth: “Stop it. [name_m]Dez[/name_m] is a fine guy. A little… interesting. But completely harmless.”

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] “Dez” [name_m]Autry[/name_m]: (Reluctantly) “Fine.”

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_m]Jayse[/name_m]: “Julian! I was just about to feed Major—” (she gets interrupted)

Random Unnamed [name_m]Guy[/name_m]: “You got those thieves away from my mule! I saw!”

[name_m]Mortimer[/name_m] [name_m]Godfrey[/name_m] [name_m]Finbar[/name_m]: “My, my. You are a pretty one. What is a girl like you doing hanging out with someone so intolerable?”

[name_m]Grover[/name_m]: “No, sir.”

[name_m]Percival[/name_m] Aberforth (Julian’s father): “Look at you. You’re all grown up.”

[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f] Aberforth (Julian’s mother): “Percival, our son is trying to speak to you.”

[name_f]Fiametta[/name_f] [name_m]Coburn[/name_m]: “Well hello there, Desmond.”

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]: “But I was looking forward to meeting the lion.”

Eligible

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]: “I can’t believe you! As leader of this Herd, it is your job to greet the new leader of [name_m]Neyland[/name_m] [name_m]Forest[/name_m]! And yet you still haven’t gone!”

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]: “As I said earlier, I’m not going. At least not today. Tell me again, why is it so important that I go today? He’ll probably still be there tomorrow.”

[name_m]Caledon[/name_m]: “I’m [name_m]Caledon[/name_m]. It’s a pleasure to finally meet all of you.”

[name_f]Carlyta[/name_f]: “A pleasure, I’m sure.”

[name_f]Lutana[/name_f]: “This is [name_f]Charmisa[/name_f], our pride and joy. She is twenty-three years old and considered one of the most beautiful mares in the [name_m]Fairbairn[/name_m] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] Herd.”

[name_m]Luan[/name_m]: “And she’s [name_f]Lutana[/name_f]. I’m Luan.”

[name_f]Charmisa[/name_f]: “Thank you. But, have you met Alistair’s daughters?”

[name_f]Janeska[/name_f]: “It’s a pleasure to meet you too.”

[name_m]Fiero[/name_m]: “No. There is nobody here that I would like to speak with.”

[name_f]Maretha[/name_f]: “Would you look at that flying formation! Why, it’s perfect! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f]! They must have practiced for years!”

[name_f]Elisavet[/name_f]: “Agreed. Oh look! They’re landing!”

[name_m]Filmore[/name_m]: “Hello there! We don’t often see other Equines on the practice field! And never ladies like you!”

[name_m]Coalton[/name_m]: “I know this island you speak of! [name_f]Caitrona[/name_f] used to talk about it all the time. Her late husband was from there. I remember her once saying ‘He always did want to go back there, but I believe it to be a lawless place, from what he says’— I’m doing it again. Sorry, everyone.”

[name_m]Chardin[/name_m]: “Hey lady! Watch it!”

[name_f]Anahera[/name_f]: “I’m sorry, I didn’t know anyone was listening. I wasn’t talking to you.”

[name_m]Jacolbi[/name_m]: “Oh, that’s fine. I was just on my way home and heard your voice. So, I decided to investigate. No one normally ventures into these woods.”

[name_m]Geronimo[/name_m]: “I’m warning you. I have… um… I have hooves! Yeah! So, you just better go away and leave me alone!”

[name_f]Nanine[/name_f]: “Well, isn’t that a coincidence. I have hooves too.”

[name_m]Falconieri[/name_m]: "“Who are you? Surely not the executioner? Twist? Twistfire?! Is it really you?!”

[name_m]Olimios[/name_m]: “Falconieri. I brought your dinner. You! Where did you come from?!”

1 Like

The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] And Her Servant

[name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Henrich[/name_m] [name_m]Sophron[/name_m]: “I ordered them to get back here as quickly as possible!” And I am the king. If I tell them to hurry, they should—"

[name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Emanaia[/name_f] [name_m]Sophron[/name_m]: “She’s had another nightmare. Oh, [name_m]Henrich[/name_m]. What are we going to do? She feels so unsafe in her own home.”

[name_m]Devin[/name_m] [name_m]Colbee[/name_m]: “Well, good morning to you too, [name_f]Princess[/name_f]. I take it you’re in a foul mood so far today.”

[name_f]Princess[/name_f] Malarrea [name_m]Sophron[/name_m]: “This is utterly unacceptable!! Unacceptable!!”

[name_m]Morris[/name_m] [name_m]Morrison[/name_m]: “She’s in here, [name_m]Devin[/name_m]. You might want to be a bit quieter, though. She’s sleeping. Don’t tell me [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Spoiled Brat— oops, I mean Malarrea, wants her punished for something again?”

[name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Algernon[/name_m]: “This sure is a nice pit.”

Candarrus: “Now, you’re going to wait right here in this pot until I get back with my ingredients. Then, it’s lunchtime. For me.”

[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]: “Well?! Take your pick! We don’t have all day!”

[name_f]Lilith[/name_f]: “Right. We have all eternity, dearest sister. [name_m]Or[/name_m] have you forgotten? That being said, I choose that poor sorry fellow. You can have the spoiled brat.”

[name_m]Bandit[/name_m] #1 (aka Rodrigo): “And what are we gonna do with this fellow? He don’t look like nobody worth nothing.”

[name_m]Bandit[/name_m] #2: “Yeah. The king ain’t gonna pay ransom for 'im. Doubt the king cares what we do.”

[name_m]Bandit[/name_m] #3: “Then let’s just end 'im. Should be easy enough.”

[name_m]Bandit[/name_m] #4: “So, it’s decided. We get rid of 'im, then we go to the palace.”

[name_f]Duchess[/name_f] [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_m]Burr[/name_m]: “Oh, hooray! It’s time for the nightly ball!”

[name_m]Alfonso[/name_m] Pemberley: “Yes, [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as always.”

[name_f]Anise[/name_f] [name_m]Winston[/name_m]: “You’re very lucky.”

The fortune teller: “And you. You will have made a difference in many people’s lives, though you will not achieve the goal you think you want to. You—”

[name_m]Roger[/name_m] [name_m]Galloway[/name_m] Jr.: “Sad sight, ain’t it?”

[name_f]Christine[/name_f] [name_m]Andrews[/name_m]: “I know this isn’t what you want to hear right now. But I’ve handed in my resignation to your father. I leave early tomorrow morning, likely before you wake up.”

[name_m]Fred[/name_m] [name_m]Saunders[/name_m]: “Us, Miss?”

[name_m]Ed[/name_m] [name_m]Saunders[/name_m]: “We’ve been working here almost two weeks.”

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]: “Alright. I’m [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]. I’ve been a healer for almost sixty years. You need to listen to me. [name_m]Trust[/name_m] me. I’m here to help your friend.”

Random kid in the epilogue (aka [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] Blackwood): “But that can’t be the end. You haven’t explained everything.”

The Twice-Cursed [name_f]Princess[/name_f]

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_m]Sawyer[/name_m]: “Princess! [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Lunette[/name_f]! There you are! I do hope you weren’t sulking again. It’s not healthy.”

[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Lunette[/name_f] [name_f]Thallo[/name_f]: “As a matter of fact, I was reading a rather interesting book about frogs. Not thinking about how I’d like to be able to enjoy today like everyone else at all.”

[name_f]Melissa[/name_f] (aka [name_f]Myfanwy[/name_f] Slade): “Good afternoon, [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Lunette.”

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] Blackwood: “Hey, little one. This isn’t the best place for a tiny creature like you. It’s okay. You’re safe now. I’ll take you to the nearest pond and set you free. You’re not hurt, are you? I just narrowly avoided stepping on you.”

[name_m]Amlodd[/name_m] [name_m]Noctis[/name_m]: “You comin’ aboard?! [name_m]Or[/name_m] are you just going to stand around talking to that lizard?!”

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_m]Cohen[/name_m]: “Right on time, as always! I told these guys we could count on you!”

[name_m]Garvan[/name_m]: “Whoa! Boat! Whoa!”

[name_m]John[/name_m] MacCurdy: “What do we have here?! A talking froggy?! Look at this one, [name_m]Bartleby[/name_m]! What a find! She’ll fetch us quite a bit of money, for certain!”

[name_m]Bartleby[/name_m]: “Indeed, [name_m]John[/name_m]! Indeed!”

[name_f]Queen[/name_f] Malarrea Sophron-Colbee: “We really aren’t that different.”

[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_m]Stanton[/name_m]: “If the potion of disenchanted didn’t work, then the curse either can’t be broken or has a specific way that it needs to be broken.”

Phibian Guard #1: “The Grand Sorcerer will be very interested to meet you. It’s not everyday you meet a talkative frog.”

Phibian Guard #2: “Wonder what he’ll do with a talkative frog. Probably kill it.”

A Failed Assassination

[name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Lavanda[/name_f] [name_m]Brynmore[/name_m]: “You kill the brats and leave their bodies in the royal garden. If you fail, I will have you executed. I do so enjoy a good execution.”

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Putnam[/name_m]: “I won’t fail, ma’am. I kind of enjoy my life.”

[name_m]Wickham[/name_m] [name_m]Brynmore[/name_m]: “Mr. [name_m]Putnam[/name_m]. You’re one minute late.”

[name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] “Gus” [name_m]Brynmore[/name_m]: “Stay back! I knew this was a trap! I told you, [name_f]Franziska[/name_f]! Stepmother sent somebody to kill us!”

[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Franziska[/name_f] [name_f]Paisley[/name_f] [name_m]Brynmore[/name_m]: “Did she really?! Why?!”

[name_f]Melyssandre[/name_f] [name_m]Viliami[/name_m]: “Ow! Curses!”

2 Likes

Loi - You’re late

Nyx - What the heck!!!

Arya - Its the middle of the f***ing night what do you want…oh its you

Eloi - Ok I made it to city name (which i will not give the name of)

Aconito - Hmm

Paris - It’s been a long day

Tyméo - Vous Avez Pratiqué Mon Ami! (You’ve Been Practicing My Friend!)

Emilien - Tout Comme Toi Méo! (Just Like You Meo!

Jaser - Who said I was going to rob you?

Mu’tabar - Dune taeal huna kayf haluka? (Dune come over here how have you been?)

Dune - Oh it’s you ‘ana bikhayrin, kayf haluk sidi? (I’m fine, how are you sir?)

Gwyn - A bottle of ale please

Asfalís - I told you there needs to be some kind of sign or warning

Dux - Hello I don’t think we have met I’m Dux

Zilya - Huh? What do you mean brother?

Edwin - Who are you?

Vëa - Can I give it a shot?

Jeandré - One day closer to adventure

Érasme - Not bad for putting up a couple shelves

Madeline - Yes of course Mom

This is all I can think of at the moment I like the idea of the characters first phrase somewhat introducing who they are it works ok for some of my characters for others their second or third or even further off phrases work better at explaining more who they are sorry if this is too long

But Here

Some examples being like for Nyx whoes third thing said was “Nah my parents were pretty much more into crime and gangs then parenting” or Edwin who said “Isn’t That An Animal? Are You A Koala Named Jo? You dont look like a koala? You look like a human. Also, why did you scream salmon mackerel? Is that your favorite food? Do you like it? Did you scream it because you don’t like it? Where are you from? Why do you have beads on your shoes? You have cool hair Why are you in a tree? Do you like climbing trees too?”

I didn’t add the context of actions but for some of my characters I think that might make it more confusing or odd

More Specifically

Vëa who picked up a hedgehog right after saying “Can I give it a shot?” although it does make some things much more funny like how right after Jaser said “Who said I was going to rob you?” he did his best innocent smile (because he was most definitely planning on robbing him (I love my theif characters one pretends to act innocent and the other outright admits it and says she will be back to rob them later they are hilarious(so are basically all of my morally grey characters(including the one questioning if a frog person can be hunted))))

Sorry that this is so long

1 Like

this is my favorite, of all the characters I’ve created, the first thing [name_f]Jo[/name_f] said was “Fck this sht, I’m going back to bed”

for context, it was the start of an alien invasion and she had just looked out her window to see a UFO flying over [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m].

2 Likes

Finding ___ Series

Esme - “Phoenix, get back here!”

Nova - “You silly dog!”

Aidan - (not counting him screaming) “Like you did six times today already,”

Maddie - “What’s going on here?”

Lucy - “Guess what?!”

Chloe - “Oh, hey, Essie. What did you do this weekend?”

Jules - “Hey, where’s Josie?”

Helena - “Maddie, tell us, please.”

Josie - “Hi Essie, hi Lucy, hi Helena, hi Chloe,”

Thomas - “Why can’t you?”

Vivienne - “Thanks. You sound great too. Can we practice this trill section together?”

Sydney - “You’re just playing it too slow,”

Alyssa - “I’m good,”

Natasha - “I’m Natasha, but you guys can call me Tasha.”

Samantha - “Guys,”

The Not-So-Tough Life

Elizabeth - “Jasmine, leave my room!”

James - “Good morning, clumsy,”

Jasmine - “Who said?”

Natalya - “How was your weekend?”

Niari - “Hi, Elizabeth!”

Kylie - “Maybe we should move,”

Lillian - “We all are,”

Isabela - “You what?! You mean there was a chance we could’ve lost you too?!”

Volleyball Player

Ariannah - “Kennedy, Kennedy, that’s yours!”

Derrick - “Yes Riri? What’s up?” (Riri is Ariannah’s nickname)

Madesyn - “Riri, where are you going?”

Timothy - “Myles, I’m sorry about your house. Come downstairs, and we’ll do something fun.”

Elissah - “The worst part is that Kiyana became dangerous. There’s nothing I can do about her. All my stuff is gone, and the only clothes I have are my spare basketball clothes and my uniform. And I’ve never felt, so, I don’t know, alone.”

Myles - “Thanks,”

Kiyana - “Guys, hurry up! I’m about to burn down the car!”

Sierra - “Where is your mom, Riri?”

Kennedy - “Got it!!”

Marissa “Rissa” - “Riri, is your mom okay?”

Jaidyn - “Okay, bye,”

Jordan - “Callie, you idiot!”

Callie - “I’m no idiot! Why do you care more about someone you don’t even know than volleyball and your own team?!”

Jordyn - “Callie!!”

Juliana - “Who on Earth are they talking about?”

Strong, Beautiful, and Loved (prequel to Volleyball Player)

Kennedy - “Hurry up, Lia,”

Amelia “Lia” - “Coming. Let me just tie my hair.”

Juliette - “Okay. We’ll go see her then,”

Jeffrey - “Have one now and one after college,”

Jasmine - “Huh?”

Aliya - “Kennedy!”

Benjamin “Benji” - "Wait! I need to use the bathroom!

Isabela-Eva “Eva” - “Are you looking foward to the volleyball game?”

Samuel “Sam” - “It’s good to see you, Kennedy. Eva’s in her room. I’m sure she would love to see you two right about now.”

Melanie - “That’s so cool. I’m not that great at art.”

Elizabeth - “Bye, Melanie.”

Sierra - “Boy, my hair looks terrible. I should’ve put it up earlier. I hate it when the sun is out. It makes my hair stick to my neck, and it also sunburns me.”

Aidan - “We’re not worried about ourselves right now, we’re worried about you. Are you okay?”

Mia - “Sierra!” (what she says next is heartbreaking)

what she says next

“We need you, Sierra. You’re our only older sibling now. Help us, please.”

Lillian - “Ella, calm down. You’ll get overexcited.”

Ariannah - “I’m so glad I wear my hair in braids. It’s so long and thick. I almost didn’t get it done two weeks ago. I can only say I’m glad I did.”

Derrick - “Look at the time. A middle of the night water fight? I’m not sure about this, Ariannah. It seems rather strange.”

Madesyn - “You’re so much better than I was.”

Timothy - “It’s so noisy,”

Jaidyn - “What is it?”

Jordan - “It’s okay, Jaidyn. I know you want Mrs. Bell. But she can’t be here today, so you’ve got to trust us. I promise you that you will do well today. Besides, your team needs your positive energy.”

Ashlyn - “Thanks,”

Ashley - “All right! Now we’re going to do two fifteen-second planks. Ready?”

Isabella - “Can we eat the gummies instead of throwing them on our heads?”

Catherine - “Hi guys. Isabella said this was her group chat?”

Ainsley - “Hi guys! Isabella said I’m coming with you!”

Marissa - “Hey, Kennedy. Can you catch my clothes? I’m gonna throw them over.”

Jasmine - “Congratulations!”

Ella - “I can’t believe it! I’m going to play in a volleyball game!”

Christine “Chrissy” - “I’ve been telling her all day,”

Jade - “Kennedy, maybe I should just tell you. Brittany and Alyssa got into a huge fight. It turned a bit violent, and then Brittany took it too far.”

Alyssa - “Hi, Jade. What’s that noise? It sounds like a stampede.”

Nathan - “You know what? You’re going to go outside right now, and stay there.”

Jackson - “Coming!”

Brittany - “Never, Sierra! Besides, her mom hurt mine, and I don’t intend for any more of that!”

Elise - “Hi Kennedy, hi Lillian, hi Jaidyn and Ariannah.”

Kyla - “Except Jenna. She’s picky, and only got the broccoli.”

Jenna - “Heyyyy,”

Misty - “Ariannah, did you see that new ad, the one about deodorant?”

Riya - “Wait, Marissa? As in Marissa Anne Morrison? Ariannah, how could you have guessed?! I’m so glad Safiya, our younger sister, isn’t here, or she’d be screaming through the hotel like I’m about to!”

Navya - “Hi Marissa! Yes, Safiya’s here. She’s in another room. Do you want me to fetch her?”

Natasha-Anna “Anna” - “Well, I’m tired, so we can sit and talk.”

Summary

namenerd moments from 12 year old me coming up next

Natalie - “Alissa’s a nice name. My parents almost named me Alyssa. But then they found Natalie and made my middle name Alyssa instead. My last name is Roberson.”

Olive - “Well, you two almost have the exact same middle name, but at least it’s a pretty one. A lot of ‘A’ names. My middle name is Alanna, my last name’s Patrick.”

Tracie - “I don’t know. Jaidyn something Brooks is her full name. I remembered it start with an ‘M’. Marie, Maria, Marleigh, Marcie, May, Mina, Macie, Marla…”

That took a dang long type to copy and write out…

1 Like